Hows The Weather In Your Neck O The Woods?? And What Are You Doing Today???

• Thread starter chickenman
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Status
Not open for further replies.
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
18 above at dawn...
Off we go up into the Gunnison Gorge for another day adventure...
Should warm to around 40 today..
Typically when we get the first cold snap fishing slows way way down..
I could care less. last Sunday I was overwhelmed at the beauty, first 5 casts 4 hits then went all day only one fish.
What really matters is being so grateful I am alive and healthy to walk up couple miles no sweat..
Every thing up there is stupendous and I feel it all deep in my soul, such a part of me this wonder...
Every step OH OH OH!!!!
Blows my mind every time....

NightsWatch

NightsWatch

Just another day warming up
Frost

Reactions: DAT
chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Was a wonderful day until the confrontation....
Was hiking up to Joe's rock to spend some time with Joe..
along the way I found 3 freshly caught brown trout still gasping on the trail as well as 6 fresh empty Coors cans.
I asked a fella across the river WTF?and he said 3 spin fishermen had caught fish and left them there...
I caught up to them and asked them what's the idea killing fish and leaving them on the trail.
They denied it I saw several fish flopping on ground near them counted 9 fish in their vicinity.
I took their pictures on phone, told them I will be reporting them.
One fella came after me saying get out or he would toss me and phone in river..
I kept my distance told them am reporting this and hiked out 2.5 miles huffing it. Called sheriff who met me at parking lot and he went and talked to them but nothing he could do.
The DOW had no one available so nothing could be done..
Thinking from now on may pack the heater, 357 Black Hawk would not have drawn in this circumstance but 3 on one may not have been able to flee.
One bad day will never stop me from going back or kill my love for the river, just do not understand how folks could show such disrespect
DSC 0002 3

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lost 400 dollar sunglasses.
Will hike up hopefully find..
Very upset with all of this..Need some time with Joe's sprit..
Tomorrow night is when Joe left us....

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
Was a wonderful day until the confrontation....
Was hiking up to Joe's rock to spend some time with Joe..
along the way I found 3 freshly caught brown trout still gasping on the trail as well as 6 fresh empty Coors cans.
I asked a fella across the river WTF?and he said 3 spin fishermen had caught fish and left them there...
I caught up to them and asked them what's the idea killing fish and leaving them on the trail.
They denied it I saw several fish flopping on ground near them counted 9 fish in their vicinity.
I took their pictures on phone, told them I will be reporting them.
One fella came after me saying get out or he would toss me and phone in river..
I kept my distance told them am reporting this and hiked out 2.5 miles huffing it. Called sheriff who met me at parking lot and he went and talked to them but nothing he could do.
The DOW had no one available so nothing could be done..
Thinking from now on may pack the heater, 357 Black Hawk would not have drawn in this circumstance but 3 on one may not have been able to flee.
One bad day will never stop me from going back or kill my love for the river, just do not understand how folks could show such disrespect
View attachment 654131 ....
Next time try the game warden, the sheriff doesn't give two shits about a dead fish.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Lost 400 dollar sunglasses.
Will hike up hopefully find..
Very upset with all of this..Need some time with Joe's sprit..
Tomorrow night is when Joe left us....

OH OH OH!!!!!!!
Hiked up.. There they were!!!!...My glasses!!
Right above where the confrontation happened....
Got to spend some time with Joe, made for a happy ending.......
Thunk it over no need for the heater, I did what needed to be done and felt safe, ready to bolt....
Am disappointed the DOW would not dispatch someone.
Was chatting with a guide he says DOW is pretty lame on enforcement.
Interesting tho. He noticed 2 sheriff cars returning about a half hour after we all left. They drove up river on the private road a ways were there for quite some time so maybe there was an investigation.....
Time now for mac and cheese......

scoop

scoop

Hopefully the Sheriff was staking out the road for a bit of "DUI" fun as they packed up and drove out from the river. LOL.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
FOG..
So foggy last might could barely drive up hill.
Got chores, then going to the potato farm awesome local potato's direct from farmer organic and way cheaper and better than store.. some last minute shopping, and definitely a nap..
Farm kids wants to go fishing in the fog....Bigger nut than I am..
OH OH OH!!!!!!!!...
Not possible....

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
Meanwhile in Alberta! Third day of shovelling and we're not done yet. Photo is actually in Rogers Pass, British Columbia.
Alberta

M

mendel

55 today and nice in southern colorado..............none of that snow bullshit.

DAT

DAT

IMG 2045
IMG 2032

The suns out and it's cold but finally have a break in the rain and totally stoked for hiking season ! Yesterday was the first hike of the year soaked in 8 glorious miles and eight magnificent waterfalls at Silver Falls Oregon. The trail goes in behind the waterfalls.

chickenman

chickenman

Premium Member
Supporter
About one hour ago
Gunnison river gorge
The high mountain desert with a river running thrubit
55 deg and muddy our back on farm
Rivervrunning cleat

IMG 7293
Status
Not open for further replies.