HPS light superior vs current led tech?

• Thread starter DIYDanny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

@HerbalEdu: And what were yields in comparison?
It a bit hard to tell yet after 3 harvest with LED, but my friend and me feelings and observations so far are:

plants produce it's leaves stages faster and get bigger faster with HPS 250W than with LED 200W the first few weeks of vegetation, being ready for the 12/12 flip sooner

yield seem pretty much equivalent/the same (may be a little smaller with LED) but bud are noticeably more dense and compact with the LED 200W than with the HPS 250W resulting in much more apealing buds once dried and cured.

this have to be confirmed with some more grows with some more strains.

i ll probably bump this thread again after a few more growsession from my friend and me to share our observations

bluntmassa

bluntmassa

I'm still thinking it's not really worth the switch. They claim a 300W one will do the job of a 1,000w HPS but anyone who's used a 1,000 watt HPS can tell you that's bullshit. 750 Watts of LED sure it's possible.

Of course you grow 100 plants in a hydroponic colosseum with a 600w HPS you can do more damage than any LED. Of course that's a lot of clones and work for 1 little grow room. You're growing pounds the electricity is cheap enough to add a few thousand watts and probably pay a lower rate than a Tesla owner.

Top Bottom