HPS light superior vs current led tech?

• Thread starter DIYDanny
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

Wilk respond to this after work… im mot the one that brought up weight… you did and made claims. I did not make any claims that either is superior for weight. my claim was genetics.

now you just deflecting and back tracking on your claims.

ill finish pointing it all out to you once i get some time.

But in the meantime Maybe you can reference these pro growers you seem to speak on behalf of?
I didn’t back track on anything? All my points are valid facts.
What’s the point of me naming TOP growers that said HPS has chunkier buds than LED? If you can’t see for yourself what I posted , I’m not going to.

You can do a YouTube search and find out, not going into a childish argument here as this seems it’s going to turn into.

The information I posted is valuable, and will be what I’m implementing in my future Grow, and was just sharing with others when I searched and found this thread.

Happy growing to all.

MedicalHydroponics

MedicalHydroponics

Well we really do not use PAR as a metering tool here on the farm. Par is geared around what the human eye sees and not what the plant uses. You want to use PPFD.
Post#108
It’s a chart in PPFD I use a lux meter and my phone app for ppfd.
Thanks for reading everything but missing details.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I didn’t back track on anything? All my points are valid facts.
What’s the point of me naming TOP growers that said HPS has chunkier buds than LED? If you can’t see for yourself what I posted , I’m not going to.

You can do a YouTube search and find out, not going into a childish argument here as this seems it’s going to turn into.

The information I posted is valuable, and will be what I’m implementing in my future Grow, and was just sharing with others when I searched and found this thread.

Happy growing to all.
Lmao and back to the HPS bigger bud claim again.
All your claims have no factual basis and you have supplied nothing but an opinion with some very uneducated claims .

You obviously do NOT understand how plants use light or the difference between LED and HPS.

SO ANSWER THIS ONCE AGAIN I ASK… what is the difference between LED and HPS photons?

hell there is a place for both in my books im not taking a position that either suck. Im stating factual differences in my previous posts and you just make claims then back them up with just more claims lol… the fact your evidence is you speaking for supposed PRO growers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I just looked at post #108 no mention of stated information. BTW you never answered the question. Have you ever grown Cannabis with LED's?
Honestly doing this long enough to know he is probably pretty new to growing. Wtf takes and posts pictures of other peoples grows to use as some sort of evidence…

im starting to clear up aome of this bad info and claims running around this site. So if ppl are gonna post claims and make statements as fact. Then dont be surprised when there comes a debate about it.

and i want to be clear NOBODY GETS BANNED FOR DEBATING. Just because i have staff under my tag doesn’t mean you shouldn’t call me out if you feel im wrong either. The important thing is we are providing accurate information to the members of this site.

and ill be the first to say i have had my share of being wrong.But i always defend my opinions vigorously even if it means eating humble pie in the end

Last edited:
Anthem

Anthem

Honestly doing this long enough to know he is probably pretty new to growing. Wtf takes and posts pictures of other peoples grows to use as some sort of evidence…

im starting to clear up aome of this bad info and claims running around this site. So if ppl are gonna post claims and make statements as fact. Then dont be surprised when there comes a debate about it.
Yes he has only been back growing for 18 months are so, so not really up on tech I guess.

Moe.Red

Moe.Red

This thread is beyond ridiculous at this point.

People seem to just want to come here with preconceived notions based on some random youtube thing or another, and without understanding or experience to fall back on, defend that position?

This is the part of the internet we could do without. If you just want to do shit based on beliefs rather than fact or evidence, then do that. But that does not give you the right to come here and push beliefs or argue down facts.

Ego gone awry. This is a cannabis site. We should be far more chill IMO. If you are just here to argue and not learn, we don't need you. Got a good thing going here already.

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
This thread is beyond ridiculous at this point.

People seem to just want to come here with preconceived notions based on some random youtube thing or another, and without understanding or experience to fall back on, defend that position?

This is the part of the internet we could do without. If you just want to do shit based on beliefs rather than fact or evidence, then do that. But that does not give you the right to come here and push beliefs or argue down facts.

Ego gone awry. This is a cannabis site. We should be far more chill IMO. If you are just here to argue and not learn, we don't need you. Got a good thing going here already.
I'm growing with both and I do like my 1000w HPS....I trust it, I don't burn my leaves and it heats my house.

In my own test with Bubble Bomb triplets my 1 plant under an SE3000 out performed 2 hps grown girls with heavier harder buds that produced 33% more than either HPS grow girls. I've pics back on here somewhere. I was sold. I'm not as good with the led lights yet I'm still learning how to grow with them properly but I had 20+ years with my 1000w hps and in 1 grow I was sold on the LED tech

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
Well we really do not use PAR as a metering tool here on the farm. Par is geared around what the human eye sees and not what the plant uses. You want to use PPFD.
Bro, I take it you were inclined to say "lux", as PAR is just the 400-700nm wavelength bandwidth, based on McCree.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I use plant stands to help in veg then drop em into flower and as they grow too close I drop the plant down to the floor for the colas not to burn,Cheers SS

N1ghtL1ght

N1ghtL1ght

Staff
Supporter
this still going? Lol. Let me through some scientific gas on this think tank. Can’t count how many times i have linked this. Not sure it ever gets read.

lets just say there are a lot more studies on the topic and there is no one best spectral ratio. Much like nutrient ratios, spectral ratio ideals (based on our desires not nature) change depending on stage of growth.

So you all keep arguing about the source of photons like it matters and forget about the rest. The source only matters from and efficiency standpoint the rest is soectral related. A photon at certain wavelength is the same no matter the source.

The number of photons basically dictate how much mass a plant could potentially acquire.
The spectrum influences it's architecture.
Very crudely speaking. Yeah, there are some intermingling, influencing factors in between but there's just, time and again, evidence it's the photon-flux density and the average colour (like in "3500K") that just this or that.
That's what I tell initially to clear away all the confusion mostly derived from manipulative advertisement or selfstyled broscience. From there, one can learn into the finer details of photoreceptor absorption peaks and photosynthesis rate.

K

KenKenaf

Some LED buds. Notice the density? Just Shitty Ass 640 Watt LED's

Funny how fox tails are back in style. Oh it's genetical right. What strain? Sideshow Bob?

We all know what shitty led weed looks like. Here's some from 65 watts:
20221105 104934

You wouldn't be able to sell this island boi led weed 20 years ago. Lookin like an enemy from a sonic the hedgehog level, about to shoot its calyx everywhere when you run by.

SO ANSWER THIS ONCE AGAIN I ASK… what is the difference between LED and HPS photons?
Spectral quality. Samsung makes a 450nm chip. They don't design light. They don't make a bulb. Bulbs were R&Ded. Chinese warehouse workers developed the current led market as a side hustle. All those plants are plastic on alibaba. The spectrums suck. Accept it and start saving for next years marginally better model.

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

I use plant stands to help in veg then drop em into flower and as they grow too close I drop the plant down to the floor for the colas not to burn,Cheers SS
^ This is what I need to do better than I did for my current grow. Live and learn, they say, or is it better said "Grow and learn."

Anyway...

I was just thinking that a better question than "which is better" would be to ask "Which direction is the technology headed?"

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Funny how fox tails are back in style. Oh it's genetical right. What strain? Sideshow Bob?

View attachment 1330657
You wouldn't be able to sell this island boi led weed 20 years ago. Lookin like an enemy from a sonic the hedgehog level, about to shoot its calyx everywhere when you run by.

Spectral quality. Samsung makes a 450nm chip. They don't design light. They don't make a bulb. Bulbs were R&Ded. Chinese warehouse workers developed the current led market as a side hustle. All those plants are plastic on alibaba. The spectrums suck. Accept it and start saving for next years marginally better model.
Ok enlighten me as to what the best spectrum is…

and you still didn’t answer what if any difference a photon has between LED or HPS.

ill save the next question for your answer…lol

lets see what you actually know about the actual mechanics of photosynthesis, transformation of electricity to photons, efficiency of that conversion, efficiency of plants to use those photons and the likes.

I already know the answer to this based on your opinions.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

^ This is what I need to do better than I did for my current grow. Live and learn, they say, or is it better said "Grow and learn."

Anyway...

I was just thinking that a better question than "which is better" would be to ask "Which direction is the technology headed?"
Really there is no better… it may seem like im pro LED or against HPS. But im not.…. im am against bullshit misinformation that HPS is better than LED and the bullshit broscience that goes along with it. There is far to much information out there these days to still be spewing garbage like that. Some people just need to die on the hil and roll off that clif lol

Which is better? The real answer is it depends on a huge amount of factors. Most significant imo being grower preference

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

View attachment 1330657

Take all the time you need to google your answers

BigBlonde

BigBlonde

Really there is no better… it may seem like im pro LED or against HPS. But im not.…. im am against bullshit misinformation that HPS is better than LED and the bullshit broscience that goes along with it. There is far to much information out there these days to still be spewing garbage like that. Some people just need to die on the hil and roll off that clif lol

Which is better? The real answer is it depends on a huge amount of factors. Most significant imo being grower preference
Oh, I don't want to be involved in the "which is better" conversation. I'm a long way from having a useful opinion. It just occurred to me to wonder which direction the industry may be headed, as in, what might we be buying five years from now. It's not important.

Latest posts

Top Bottom