Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
H

heisen

Small update
The ol long ass winded debate of uv produces more trichs is pure horseshit IMO.
Personally think its temperature and PHENO specific.if it was a uv triggered phenomenon outdoor plants would be twice as frosty as indoor.
Buds directly under the lights would be frostier than away.
Someone needs to do clones under the same lights with one side having uv supplement and take some pictures.put this urban legend to bed cause I dont buy it.

Anyway everything is good.leaf color is definitely effected by cooler temps.i have a small streak where the ac blows on the top of 2 plants and they are showing late flower coloring.still 5 weeks left.i always knew it but this pretty much sets it in stone.its like a 12 inch wide spot where the ac blows directly on these 2 plants.u can clearly see right in this alley the leaves are showing late stage coloring.
20180605 012506

Everything is doing good.the GPS side is seriously packing on the weight.
20180605 005930

20180605 005922

So far everything is good.i dont personally see alot of difference between the cobs and cmh.
The cobs maybe more useable lower growth.the light is pointed more downward from all angles.as far as trichs go here side by side.pics taken of tops directly below the lights.

Cmh
20180605 013626

Cobs
20180605 013834

Everything is pretty leveled off the stretch is done.5 more weeks till chop 6 at the most.ive never had these go over 8.5 weeks

20180605 005948

20180605 005941

Last edited:
bicky studs

bicky studs

Small update
The ol long ass winded debate of uv produces more trichs is pure horseshit IMO.
Personally think its temperature and PHENO specific.if it was a uv triggered phenomenon outdoor plants would be twice as frosty as indoor.
Buds directly under the lights would be frostier than away.
Someone needs to do clones under the same lights with one side having uv supplement and take some pictures.put this urban legend to bed cause I dont buy it.

Anyway everything is good.leaf color is definitely effected by cooler temps.i have a small streak where the ac blows on the top of 2 plants and they are showing late flower coloring.still 5 weeks left.i always knew it but this pretty much sets it in stone.its like a 12 inch wide spot where the ac blows directly on these 2 plants.u can clearly see right in this alley the leaves are showing late stage coloring.
View attachment 805532

Everything is doing good.the GPS side is seriously packing on the weight.
View attachment 805533

View attachment 805534

So far everything is good.i dont personally see alot of difference between the cobs and cmh.
The cobs maybe more useable lower growth.the light is pointed more downward from all angles.as far as trichs go here side by side.pics taken of tops directly below the lights.
View attachment 805539

Cobs
View attachment 805536

Everything is pretty leveled off the stretch is done.5 more weeks till chop 6 at the most.ive never had these go over 8.5 weeks

View attachment 805537

View attachment 805538
yes i find uv suplementing unnecessary... dont even want to try it anymore after seeing the damage it does to ur gear . 1 guy claimed the holders for his cobs turned to powder n shit.
still some swear by it so there must be more to it...

as for the early fade....
i had plants grow into circ fans.... the two getting nailed by the wind faded hardout early... all brown pistels. first i thought they got pollinated:cry:

H

heisen

yes i find uv suplementing unnecessary... dont even want to try it anymore after seeing the damage it does to ur gear . 1 guy claimed the holders for his cobs turned to powder n shit.

i had plants grow into circ fans.... the two getting nailed by the wind faded hardout early... all brown pistels. first i thought they got pollinated:cry:
Lol I like your style man.your alright in my book

bicky studs

bicky studs

Since when? My veg room will be finished in 2 weeks to run these bitches wide ass open.27 bucket system under 36 cobs for veg.
Lucked up and got the jbeezy wed cake and purple punch.youll fools holding that photo of the month shit about to get dethroned.View attachment 805541
:D im not doin potm yet, got to make some friends first:cry: imo the best pic doesnt always win:eyepiece:
all these big flash new rooms got me itchin....

shit ur rdwc is gettin big.... u must have quite the chiller now aye.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

From my experiments with UV supplementation, It's has more of a maturation effect on the trichomes more than a quantitative effect.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter

Im confused as to the damaged gear part...a Uv ruined a led light?

DGP

DGP

as stated the holders.... plastic cob holders couldnt handle the uv i guess
Yeah, many plastic materials will turn to dust around UV. Used to work in the UV solid state industry and we destroyed a lot of materials in the lab. Unintended consequences are the enemy of any decision but especially in the grow room!

Any UV will eventually destroy some materials whether the source is A or B. Even low powered actinics will break down some materials.

Dee

H

heisen

Pulled the airstones out of the top off reservoirs and got these from walmart for 18 a piece.
No matter what I do I get a brown sludge like little specs on the bottom at the end of each cycle.i dont think the air is moving the water enough so I'm using these to see how it goes.so far so good.water is crystal clear after a day,

20180605 224028

P

PharmHand

Magnetic vs digital... I believe both are electronic
One transforms voltage magnetically thru copper windings the other electronically thru a solid state board. A “digital” ballast is a marketing name for an electronic ballast with a processor. Reason I asked is because of its efficiency . Magnetic-1.02 umol/j
Electronic se remote ballast-1.3umol/j
3100K 315w cmh 1.46umol/j
Spydr 600 1.66umol/j
DE HPS 1.7umol/j
✌PeaceView attachment 805825
10449495 1180 4711 9F34 C20287C738AD
View attachment 805829
A9DA5E2F 691A 4981 A96C CEA8AE5CEA14

63D813B4 9F10 4C96 9C29 9536E986DD19

Latest posts

Top Bottom