Hps Vs Cmh Vs Led

• Thread starter heisen
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Farmer P

Farmer P

So for those of you interest I just found this video and it does a fairly good job of explaining how I get my flowers to set faster than what you are used to seeing. Not really new science as DTW tomato growers have been using it for decades.

How about you give us the short version or the time in the vid where he tells the secret. I watched some and then skipped through but couldn't find the secret to fast budset. Is it by stressing the plant?

hillbil

hillbil

Why would a plant require as much water or nutes after it is full grown and put out most all the new flowers it ever will and the buds are properly swelled?

Very much agree on potassium importance and love using ash in my mix which is now at least 30% recycled up to about 70% just for fun. Been using COBs and LEDs exclusively for 5 or more years and still have occasional slight calcium mag balance issues early but rarely see deficiencies.

I don't rescue plants. Don't really even like the word and the same goes for recures, recruise, recurve, reoccur and recluse from this dyslexic older guy!

H

heisen

Seen dozens on Mr Heisen's buds here and elsewhere and they didn’t appear in need of rescue at all!
not that i can tell,about 2 weeks left
20180622 093547

20180621 231534

20180622 093535

Farmer P

Farmer P

Really, a 15 min video and you couldn't watch it.
It was 33 minutes and I watched about 15. For some reason I didn't like listening to the guy and it seemed like all basic obvious stuff. I usually don't even see any buds on my plant until day 15 to 17 (from flip to 12/12), but one time I got them in like 8. I really don't remember how I did that, but I'll eventually figure it out. Maybe I got lucky that run and mother nature provided the perfect temps and vpd at the right time IDK. I don't grow enough for it to be cost efficient to run a/c, heat, co2 or anything that's gonna cause big bills so if that's the secret I'll pass, but if it's something I can do for free like maybe 24 hours dark to start flower I'm game.

hillbil

hillbil

Lots of ways to approach herbal growing on different levels with different goals. Some as ahobby and some as a business or as a help for others' needs. Some just growing their own meds. A person can absorb huge amounts of info here and a couple more sites. There are many expert small growers out there who choose to keep their garden small even in easy states.

MidwestToker

MidwestToker

Here we are at the height of sunlight available to the Northern Hemisphere . And I have a guerrilla plant outside in flower. The only reason it went to flower is I forgot where I put it so I missed the watering during 3 weeks of extremely dry weather.
Going to take more than 24 hours of dark to stress the plant into flowering.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

According to current culture and there chart nutrients taper off after week 6 and 7 as you can see.these people make the nutrients that goes into there systems so I have to say they know something I dont.there chart shows the heaviest feeding during weeks 6 and 7 which is right where I'm at,than start to drop EC so this may just be a under current thing.
If this was one or 2 runs gnome than I might agree with you on a bad batch or mistakes made cause it happens and we all make them but this has been my experience for every grow I've done in UC that after week 6 my ppm will start to rise in the buckets indicating I have to lower it gradually cause the plants are not absorbing micronutrients in the system.
These are healthy plants with perfect ph,roots are good,everything else is in check.
The only thing I questioned was calmag being to high and maybe the plants not having a need for it,as I've never changed the ratio of calmag towards the end and it adds alot of ec to the res.
Might be worth adding less calmag after week 5 to see if it makes any difference.

But the chart they made is for a reason.they are still saying ec should drop the last 3 weeks the week before flush.

View attachment 810003

I am a real noob to this shit so please take this as a completely uneducated thought from someone with no experience. I have been reading like 8hrs. a day for the last month on a million different subjects in prep for my first grow in a few months. It's probably way the fuck off but figured I might learn something by bringing it up.

Do you have a Co2 burner/generator?

If so one of the byproducts is Ethylene, which is a plant hormone that affects ripening. Is it possible that this is causing your plants to speed up / alter the normal flowering process.

Found this source online since I cannot find where I originally read about this while researching PGR's

"Ethylene is present as a gas produced by the plant. As levels of ethylene increase with plant development while other hormones are balancing in accordance, the effects of ethylene become more pronounced. Ethylene promotes fruit ripening, or "maturing". This signals the plant that it's life cycle is changing or ending"

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I am a real noob to this shit so please take this as a completely uneducated thought from someone with no experience. I have been reading like 8hrs. a day for the last month on a million different subjects in prep for my first grow in a few months. It's probably way the fuck off but figured I might learn something by bringing it up.

Do you have a Co2 burner/generator?

If so one of the byproducts is Ethylene, which is a plant hormone that affects ripening. Is it possible that this is causing your plants to speed up / alter the normal flowering process.

Found this source online since I cannot find where I originally read about this while researching PGR's

"Ethylene is present as a gas produced by the plant. As levels of ethylene increase with plant development while other hormones are balancing in accordance, the effects of ethylene become more pronounced. Ethylene promotes fruit ripening, or "maturing". This signals the plant that it's life cycle is changing or ending"

Actually thinking about it would it also be possible for Ethylene levels to build up in a sealed grow room as the plants produce more? Just some thoughts I would love to have feedback on

H

heisen

#dwc4life
These plants always throw calcium issues no matter what.i get up to 7ml per gallon and it goes away but that much magnesium screws everything else up.if I could find a straight up calcium nute I would never have this problem with these.sucks calmag comes with so much magnesium in it.only happens directly below the bulbs.these grow big

Edit:
Talking about the 1st pic calcium issues.scotts OG
The link for the second time I ran them in my signature and I talked about the issue there also.there calcium whores.

20180625 233907

Started dry koolbloom tonight.
20180625 233548

20180625 233514

Last edited:
scubascrog

scubascrog

#dwc4life
These plants always throw calcium issues no matter what.i get up to 7ml per gallon and it goes away but that much magnesium screws everything else up.if I could find a straight up calcium nute I would never have this problem with these.sucks calmag comes with so much magnesium in it.only happens directly below the bulbs.these grow big

View attachment 811106

Started dry koolbloom tonight.
View attachment 811107

View attachment 811108
time for a jacks run then cal-nit all the way + cacl2:)

Latest posts

Top Bottom