HumboldtLocals Outdoor 2010

• Thread starter humboldtlocal
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bakershredhead

I just like to keep it local. Of course the indoor is better than the outdoor, but when your only harversting around 10lb and some one rolls in with a 100 some people will be wondering why they would pay say 3400 for lb when they can pay 2400 for still some decent product. Just gets flooded sometimes

T

theloadeddragon

what is better for my patients, is better for me, especially because I am a patient myself. And its all free, so my motive is only to provide quality, and it be affordable to produce, not profitable to sell, because that doesn't happen.

Growing outside has given me a more affordable method of production, and the quality remains consistent.

I grew Sensi Star inside, and outside, and put the buds next to each other after mixing them up, and I would give you $100 if you could tell the difference. I could, but only because I watched them grow. Mixed em up in a bag and gave it to the patience, and they had no idea, and yes they grow too. There was a difference in taste. I preferred the taste of the herb I grew outdoors, it was "fuller".

Density, trich coverage, color, look, smell, was all the same. Tasted slightly different, and the stone between the two was different as well. Neither was better IMO, just different.

So much has to do with what happens during harvest and post harvest anyways, and there are so many important confounding variables, that the debate goes on.

But I stand by what I say when I say: "I prefer properly grown and dried outdoor cannabis to equally properly grown indoor cannabis every day of the week."

ncga

ncga

bakershredhead

Just because you start with a lot does not mean you end up with a lot. We HOPE to get a good yield but between the insects, fungus, rodents mildew, weather , and rippers it's amazing to even pull in an outdoor crop.

Also good growers , and good curing skills will always hold their own in the market;)

HL
Looking good again. Man is it the mad cloning time of year. So glad I have a lab south of the cold and snow. Seam to give the ladies a better start.

nc

T

theloadeddragon

bakershredhead

Just because you start with a lot does not mean you end up with a lot. We HOPE to get a good yield but between the insects, fungus, rodents mildew, weather , and rippers it's amazing to even pull in an outdoor crop.

Also good growers , and good curing skills will always hold their own in the market;)

HL
Looking good again. Man is it the mad cloning time of year. So glad I have a lab south of the cold and snow. Seam to give the ladies a better start.

nc

Fuck yeah it does!

B

bakershredhead

Yo guys I guess I touched a nerve. It's all good we just don't have the scene that Cali does. I've got a few homies that are born n raised in Humboldt and I give them shit too. Hey Local just wondering I know my buddies usually go the greenhouse route but last year they said fuck it and went balls out and threw the ladies outside also. I'm thinking of go outdoor next year when I can afford to get some more land and wanted to know when you plant them straight outside is it a crap shoot with Camp or do ya some how post your cards up around the grow. I'm definetly thinking greenhouse for security sake.

H

humboldtlocal

Outside planting depends on the weather, temps, and plant size. As far as scripts, post em if ya got em.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
HL... will you hold my hand? Lot more hostility on this site than I am used to. ;)

nomaad had 2 posts before this one and they were in an outdoor greenhouse thread he started that was going to be a very interesting and educational thread. Seriously it had the potential to be one of the best ones ever.

Did this post get him banned? I think it was a mistake because he was going to be valuable to this site.

Unless I am missing something this kinda bums me out. He has 3 posts and this is the 3rd and last one so it looks like the one that got the hammer.

Even if it gets reevaluated I don't think he will post again.

Bummer for that other thread.

I prefer outdoor weed myself. It has more earthy dank and seems more potent. Conditions are unpredictable though and sometimes harvesting at the peak is difficult. Inside you can coax the fruity, sour whatever flavors out of them and you always harvest when at the peak.

IMHO if outdoor is taken to maturity and rain and bad weather don't knock of some trichs outdoor reign supreme.

It's different for everybody. I have a friend that thinks Chemdog d sucks. He says he can't get high off of it. Yet Aurora Indica was his favorite and it wasn't a good pheno either. I love the white and Chemdog D and I think ECSD blows. I can't stay high more than 20 minutes.

Everybody has different likes, dislikes and tolerances. I had some vintage Skunk #1 seeds that a certain pheno never failed on anybody I ever knew. Brought them all to their knees. Alas I lost it though.

We are one! We are the Ganja Mana. We are different yet we share one love. The love of weed.

I will kick all your asses in a smoke off, grow off, party off, fishing, drinking and more freakin smoking World Championship of Weed Jamboree. You will all be saying this phrase frequently, "Please don't pass that here tobor! I can't take any more fun!"

LOL!!

I wish we could. It would be awesome.

500lbs Guerilla

500lbs Guerilla

I would go with the Malawi in the 400's. I hear she can produce. Mother plants put outdoors usually don't produce as well especially if they are old or have been root bound in a smaller pot for a while.

Good call

H

hbstoner

Hey humboldtlocal , you got me addicted to rod deal. Is your sig on here from one of his songs? If so which one? Hard to find music from him.

H

humboldtlocal

He says that quote in between songs on the Live at Reggae On The River DVD. Watching that dvd bring tears to my eyes. The music is great and brings back a lot of good memories. For those that don't know Rod Deal and the Ideals, Rod was a local musician that died in the early 90's. He was the embodiment of the Humboldt grower and his songs told the story of what it meant to live the life of a true Marijuana Man. He was taken too soon and will be missed. We are fortunate that his music lives on. I hear it on the radio often and have even heard local bands in Hawaii play his songs. His album Truth and Rights is epic and my other favorite was Police State. If you are looking for a copy of the DVD get a hold of Bongo Boy Productions in Mckinleyville, CA. They should have his CDs as well.

N

Norcal to NC

hey humboldt local local here in north carolina of all places whered you go to school?

Top Bottom