Humidity Issues!!!!! Can't lower the Humidity in my tent.

• Thread starter MisterJones
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dub_City405

Dub_City405

Quit making it so complicated. Add 2 more fans move new air into the tent and old air out. Humidity is fine 45-55 in flower. No higher than 60.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

I can't figure out why I can't get my humidity under control. Im using an inkbird humidity controller and was using a 150 square foot rated dehumidifier and it wasn't helping at all so I upgraded to a 450 square foot dehumidifier. I tried placing them outside of the tent and then inside of the tent and I can't seem to get the humidity down. The dehumidifier is working as it has collected about 1/2 inch of water in the tank over the past day or so. The humidity likes to hover around the 58% mark and i have it set on the controller to be around 43%. The room it is in is only about 12x14 feet. Any suggestions?
You may be making it harder on yourself with all that ventilation. Meaning if your little dehumidifier is dying out the air in your tent to say 45%rh but the air outside your tent is 60% then your ventilation system is sucking out the air in your tent and sucking in the 60% air outside your tent quicker than the little dehumidifier can dry it out. I just dealt with the same issue. I put a room dehumidifier outside my tent and got the air in the room dryer. I opened up 3x the amount of intake vents as what I've got going out and have been able to get down to 46-47% with lights on. 53-55 with the lights off, but I'm still working on that one. Good luck with your grow.

Perrin6363

Perrin6363

You may be making it harder on yourself with all that ventilation. Meaning if your little dehumidifier is dying out the air in your tent to say 45%rh but the air outside your tent is 60% then your ventilation system is sucking out the air in your tent and sucking in the 60% air outside your tent quicker than the little dehumidifier can dry it out. I just dealt with the same issue. I put a room dehumidifier outside my tent and got the air in the room dryer. I opened up 3x the amount of intake vents as what I've got going out and have been able to get down to 46-47% with lights on. 53-55 with the lights off, but I'm still working on that one. Good luck with your grow.
I'll try to figure out what size dehumidifier I have, bc it's in a 12x14 room and it's keeping my rh low

Top Bottom