Hybrid room

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
All4freedumb

All4freedumb

hi, thanks for including us window droolers, and letting us participate.
props
what if the hps was longer on ending phase,
maybe heavier MH, fading into HPS....bringing it on more and stronger...late in grow cycle, and fade out MH
things that make you go hmmm.
I am becoming a believer in U.C.
Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to join in here.. This is my true love and my passion, I can't tell you how many times I've been accused of caring more for these girls than the humans in my life. Hahaha.. Anyone sharing this passion is someone I want to hear from. I find not a soul on earth I can't learn from in every part of life... Thanks for joining in, and I kinda like that idea. When I flip I run half veg nutes and half bloom. Maybe do the same with the lights for the first 3 weeks or so until its all hps... Hmmmmmm

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

What up BG, so glad you stopped by! I AM feeding tea in coco and the UC. I feed the coco tea once a week, sound right? Running these girls in the UC I didn't get the stretch I was thinking I would so I will be letting them get bigger than normal. I think I am on track with size and coco and UC being ready although I am not sure about the growth rate of coco as much as I am with the UC. From what I am seeing it looks good though, I'm expecting lots of growth from the coco this week as I know my UC is gonna explode this week... I am running nutes for coco that I have laying around, so AN for veg and DM for bloom. As of now I am using 1 to 1.5ml of Cal Mag, .5ml Drip clean and 2ml a&b. Tap comes out at 260 and I sit just under 600 on a 500 scale. Noyhing else but tea has been added..

Ditch the drip clean bro. Im not a 100% but I here it may not be good for bennies. If your running 600 ppms you should be good without it. Plus when you do your weekly tea add it to a really low dose of nutes like 200 ppm and water til good run off. That will keep your ppms down in your coco. Tea day is almost a weekly flush day but your dumping in tons of bennies and cleaning out the coco at the same time.
Thats what I do anyhow and I havent had lock out or really high runoff since

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Ditch the drip clean bro. Im not a 100% but I here it may not be good for bennies. If your running 600 ppms you should be good without it. Plus when you do your weekly tea add it to a really low dose of nutes like 200 ppm and water til good run off. That will keep your ppms down in your coco. Tea day is almost a weekly flush day but your dumping in tons of bennies and cleaning out the coco at the same time.
Damn, thanks bro for the tip on Drip Clean and bennies. I will do that on tea day, I have been adding the tea to the stew just as it feeds. I will lower ppms on that day. Would you not add Cal Mag that day? Also since I am using tap for my coco, on tea day should I use ro instead? Thanks for your eye..

ri420patient

ri420patient

I've been kicking the idea around. I just don't know how to mix them up. After Amber telling me about her results with dual arches I just might do that next round.. Any ideas on what pattern to mix the bulbs in?
I ran those dual arc 600s on verts in my grow and noticed a definite spike in crystal production I have them off right now but will turn them on near the 4th week

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I ran those dual arc 600s on verts in my grow and noticed a definite spike in crystal production I have them off right now but will turn them on near the 4th week
What are you running now until the 4th week? Or are the duals extra lighting for the end?

ri420patient

ri420patient

I'm running the moscaseed c99s and there only a 52 dayer and skunk 11 and 4 blueberry headbands

ri420patient

ri420patient

What are you running now until the 4th week? Or are the duals extra lighting for the end?
Extra lighting I had them in the first run but since it was summer I had heat issues so I'm only running the 6 1000s for a few more weeks need to get a bigger ac next run for sure and more lights who doesn't need more lights but them c99s are so nice of a tree

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Nice setup man!!!!

Everything looks good to me. I like to run mixed bulbs. Right now I am running 4 ushio 600 MH dropped vertical and 5 1000w horti HPS vert. So the middle bulb of the 9 is an HPS and then the 4 corners are MH.

Right now the heat is shitting on my grow so I HAD to use 600's. I prefer 1k all the time. I will run all MH the first 3 weeks of bloom, then go to HPS for weeks 4,5,6 then back to MH for 7 and 8.

Best thing to do is take notes and try not to change too many things at once.

Flip size completely depends on strain, spacing, ceiling height, etc..

I would say flip no bigger than 14-16" to start on the coco plants and get your trellis in there to bend them down as they stretch.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Nice setup man!!!!

Everything looks good to me. I like to run mixed bulbs. Right now I am running 4 ushio 600 MH dropped vertical and 5 1000w horti HPS vert. So the middle bulb of the 9 is an HPS and then the 4 corners are MH.

Right now the heat is shitting on my grow so I HAD to use 600's. I prefer 1k all the time. I will run all MH the first 3 weeks of bloom, then go to HPS for weeks 4,5,6 then back to MH for 7 and 8.

Best thing to do is take notes and try not to change too many things at once.

Flip size completely depends on strain, spacing, ceiling height, etc..

I would say flip no bigger than 14-16" to start on the coco plants and get your trellis in there to bend them down as they stretch.
Thanks for coming by Cap. Man, this heat is a killer, that's why I don't have my aisle lights on. So, after reading your post I am thinking if i mix bulbs I should run my aisle bulbs MH. That way all coco tables have the side verts MH and all but 2 UC plants will have one side hit by MH. I like the idea of running MH or a mix for the first 3 weeks. Why would you switch back to MH the last two weeks? I am interested in that.
I was thinking about putting trellis in at flip. Is that what I read in your post also or were you saying do it now and start pulling them down? I can't believe the growth this week after the feeding of tea. I look forward to these girls showing their stuff this week. The UC just got super cropped a few days ago and is about ready to straighten out and blow up. I was thinking another two weeks + till flip. Timing the UC with coco is my only worry. That is if I don't screw up the coco somehow... Hahaha This was the least stretching Og in the UC so I know I can get the UC big for flip.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I forgot to ask a question i had. I like to keep my UC daytime temps between 80-85. Now that coco has its place in the same room what should I be looking to sit at. It's between 78-81 now with 60 percent humidity and co2 at 1200. I know my UC would like some more warmth but I wasn't sure about the coco..

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I forgot to ask a question i had. I like to keep my UC daytime temps between 80-85. Now that coco has its place in the same room what should I be looking to sit at. It's between 78-81 now with 60 percent humidity and co2 at 1200. I know my UC would like some more warmth but I wasn't sure about the coco..

take the co2 down. no need to go above 1000ppm. Probably want to up the RH a bit as well if you can.

The MH at the end is supposedly good for trich production last couple weeks. You will get slightly better quality over slightly more quantity. Your call.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Where did this info come from?

take the co2 down. no need to go above 1000ppm. Probably want to up the RH a bit as well if you can.

The MH at the end is supposedly good for trich production last couple weeks. You will get slightly better quality over slightly more quantity. Your call.

Cap...can you confirm that Drip Clean kills bene's?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I wish, I have my humidifier set at 70 and it runs just about all the time. I am sure it's about 65 but I can't hold 70. Time for an upgrade next round. I'll drop the co2. I have it set at 1000 but it creeps to 1200. I'll drop it to 800. Thanks for the heads up. What do you think is a hapoy temp to settle at for the UC and coco. Will coco do ok between 82 and 85? If so I'm gonna pump more light for the UC's.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I wish, I have my humidifier set at 70 and it runs just about all the time. I am sure it's about 65 but I can't hold 70. Time for an upgrade next round. I'll drop the co2. I have it set at 1000 but it creeps to 1200. I'll drop it to 800. Thanks for the heads up. What do you think is a hapoy temp to settle at for the UC and coco. Will coco do ok between 82 and 85? If so I'm gonna pump more light for the UC's.

Yes at higher temps you just need to keep RH up. In flower after stretch I think you should drop temps some if you can, and drop RH. 80 degrees or so and 60% RH.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Where did this info come from?

Cap...can you confirm that Drip Clean kills bene's?

I don't know exactly what is in drip clean. I will get some and throw it on the bennies to see. IIRC it is just salts. Potassium I think and it's useless. What is drip clean for? I have had drippers going for 3 years without cleaning and I have never used drip clean.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I don't know exactly what is in drip clean. I will get some and throw it on the bennies to see. IIRC it is just salts. Potassium I think and it's useless. What is drip clean for? I have had drippers going for 3 years without cleaning and I have never used drip clean.

It's supposed to not only keep your drip lines from clogging, but also keep salts from building up in your medium.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I do that twice a week.....guess I will ditch the Drip Clean.

If you are getting a lot of salt build up you are over fertilizing anyway. :)

You can also add black plastic or something over the media to keep the top soil from evaporating and leaving salts behind.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

If you are getting a lot of salt build up you are over fertilizing anyway. :)

You can also add black plastic or something over the media to keep the top soil from evaporating and leaving salts behind.

I've used Drip Clean from day one because of all the great things I heard about it. Never had a problem with salt buidup. My biggest concern was that it was killing my bene's. At any rate...I'm gonna drop it and see what happens.

Will this heat ever go away Cap???

Everyone is welcomed and encouraged to join in here.. This is my true love and my passion, I can't tell you how many times I've been accused of caring more for these girls than the humans in my life. Hahaha.. Anyone sharing this passion is someone I want to hear from. I find not a soul on earth I can't learn from in every part of life... Thanks for joining in, and I kinda like that idea. When I flip I run half veg nutes and half bloom. Maybe do the same with the lights for the first 3 weeks or so until its all hps... Hmmmmmm

I like your style brother! I've been wanting to give UC a shot, but I don't have enough amps for chillers so I stick to Coco. Along for the ride.................

Top Bottom