Hybrid room

• Thread starter All4freedumb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
I've used Drip Clean from day one because of all the great things I heard about it. Never had a problem with salt buidup. My biggest concern was that it was killing my bene's. At any rate...I'm gonna drop it and see what happens.

Will this heat ever go away Cap???

I like your style brother! I've been wanting to give UC a shot, but I don't have enough amps for chillers so I stick to Coco. Along for the ride.................

I hate this heat.

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
How many lights you got in there Freedom?

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

The coco has taken off! I am looking to top them again tonight and flip in a week and a half. Now I am cheering on the UC hoping she blows up before flip.. If I can get all lights on there will be no problem with timing.. Otherwise the UC might be a little smaller than I wanted this run.. They have just started straightening out from the super cropping. I'll take some pics this weekend and show what the growth has been in a week..

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

I've used Drip Clean from day one because of all the great things I heard about it. Never had a problem with salt buidup. My biggest concern was that it was killing my bene's. At any rate...I'm gonna drop it and see what happens.

Will this heat ever go away Cap???

I like your style brother! I've been wanting to give UC a shot, but I don't have enough amps for chillers so I stick to Coco. Along for the ride.................
Well, I for one am glad you are here for the ride. There can never be too much help and eyes overseeing things. I appreciate your comments and questions. Looks like I'll be laying my Drip Clean aside as well.. haha.. I should of known better, I use to use it in my UC until I started running UC Roots. Now that I run tea I have both laying around, go figure. I also have 2 1/2 gallons of Nirvana laying around. Has anyone used it with coco. I used to run it in my UC but now a days I only put in a&b, Cal Mag, and tea until booster is added.

Mtngrown

Mtngrown

very nice. i really like your room and look forward to seeing it in full swing.
sub'd for sure.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

very nice. i really like your room and look forward to seeing it in full swing.
sub'd for sure.
Thanks for stopping by and sticking around. Pics are being taken on Sunday. That will be one week. Wait till you see these girls... They wanna be flipped and I just might be getting them too big.. haha. I'd rather my mistake being too big than too small for the coco... Cages and trellises should be up in pics too

BudGoggles

BudGoggles

Damn, thanks bro for the tip on Drip Clean and bennies. I will do that on tea day, I have been adding the tea to the stew just as it feeds. I will lower ppms on that day. Would you not add Cal Mag that day? Also since I am using tap for my coco, on tea day should I use ro instead? Thanks for your eye..

I use RO with my tea, the chlorine in tap kills bennies.
I dont add any cal-mag just low base nutes and tea

Amber

Amber

So I saw this on CCH2O site and I thought you might be interested.

Quick Q&A response to UC User Regarding Inoculants in Solution

Q-Are organics recommended?
A-Typically it’s the most soluble, mineral based nutes that jive best in water culture. We would recommend using the organics as either a foliar or in small amounts applied directly to the root crown.
Q-I am assuming humic acid, kelp, and the likes, are simply too messy for the cleanliness required in this high-performance system.
A-That’s the issue, aside from the pH issues and other side effects adding these less stable ions into solution can cause.
Q-Do selective inoculants, such as Great White or SOS (http://www.superorganicstimulator.com), have a place in the UC system?
A-Yes, but it’s bacterial products that will tend to do better as they are naturally adapted to colonizing in water. Having said this, fungal inocs are also useful but are best served when introduced to the root crown so rhizoshere colonization can occur.
Q-The reason why I ask is because of the fundamental idea to “run it clean”, which in most cases means “as sterile as possible”.
A-Remember clean doesn’t only mean sterile. You can run inocs and teas but they need to be used in homeopathic doses so as to avoid the side effects of biofilms in the system and on the root zone. It’s this biofilm that can inhibit liquid and gas exchange in the root zone slowing plant metabolism and lending to aenerobic conditions.
Q-Great White has Trichoderma, which keep those roots clean, and Streptomyces to prevent fungal-related infecions. But the problem is the bio residue these organisms produce as they biosynthetize eiher the glycine carrier or fulvic acid. Then there is the 10-14 day water aging period for inoculants, which might not suit more frequent reservoir changes in a high-performance system. SOS, on the other hand, has always run clean in all of the tests done at Garden Indoors
A-Trichoderma and streptomyces are both very over bearing microbes. Either can be used but it’s keeping them from over populating that is the dance. Remember, water culture is hydroponics and not a tea brewer. Tea brewinig is purposely over populating a solution to be diseminated vs. hydroponic solutions which are looking to provide a stable environment for mineral and water assimilation.And agreed, when using teas in heavier doses it does necessiate more nute change out. If SOS is working for you I’d recommend it as a compliment to your nute regime in the UC, but consider a lower dose than recommended.
Q-What would you recommend as far as the inoculant issue is concerned?
A-I would recommend a worm casting tea. (Add two cups to five gallons of water, aerate or stir, strain and then use that liquid at approx 10 mils per gallon in your system) Steeped or aerated worm casting or vermicompost has proven to be the most effective means of providing ecological balance in a water culture setting. The unique nature of red worms intestinal tract makes the likelyhood of disease organisms almost impossible.Closing thought: Avoid adding any input with sugars and carbs into your water culture system, AACT or otherwise. Most out of the bottle/can/tub/bucket inocs have plenty included as a food source for the bacteria so be thoughtful when using.

This entry was posted in Growing in the Under Current and tagged compost tea, cultured solutions, current culture, heavy, hydroponics, inoculants, nutrient, Organics, water, worms, yield on August 29, 2013 by Current Culture.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Some UC plant shots 1 week later and day of flip...

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

Room shots and some coco shots...

Things are looking good into the first week of flower. We now have all cages up and trellis's built and in place. Pics taken this weekend will show everything in place. We have got a bit behind as other projects have their places too but so far I am happy with what the girls have shown so far. We flipped almost a week ahead of original plan as the coco was filling up quick. Hope you enjoy..

growsh0w

growsh0w

im definately watching this thread! .. just setup my uc system so im hoping to learn a lot from ya! .. thank you!

PaperStreet

PaperStreet

Wow man that is super crazy clean anyone can see u are totally on topp of that shyt lol do u live in there haha i bet u do take nap breaks in there between shifts hah! cant wait to see this thing rockking!

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

im definately watching this thread! .. just setup my uc system so im hoping to learn a lot from ya! .. thank you!
What up GS, thanks for stopping through!! I am enjoying this run so far. I still feel like a kid at Christmas whenever I get a new room set up.. Learning new things is one of the greatest things about the farm. Thanks to the farmers here I continue to learn daily. So, if I can pay if forward any way I can then I will. Thanks for sticking around. Pics will be taken weekly and I will be doing my best to answer or reply to all posts.. I hope to see your UC thread soon..

Wow man that is super crazy clean anyone can see u are totally on topp of that shyt lol do u live in there haha i bet u do take nap breaks in there between shifts hah! cant wait to see this thing rockking!

I do love what I do and I find keeping things clean is just easier. I never thought to be the best at being lazy all I would have to do is keep things clean, hahaha. I won't lie, during some of those hot days I have thought about laying in a cot in the cool dark aisles.. We always joke about adding a hammock up high just to enjoy the view... ;) Please do stick around, the more eyes on things the better...

UCMENOW

UCMENOW

A4F you be doin it so consistently brother.

Always layin it down and sending out good vibes as well.

Keep it up.

All4freedumb

All4freedumb

It really is not hard to see that you take pride in your work.

"When all we ever wanted was to love, learn, and grow."

Thanks for noticing.. :) I really do love what I do. Strange thing is I only wish I could do more.. I guess we all have our addictions, mine just happens to be growing mini trees. From what I see we share that addiction. ;) I love the rooms you two rock!

A4F you be doin it so consistently brother.

Always layin it down and sending out good vibes as well.

Keep it up.
Thanks to you and MANY others on the farm I have been gifted something very special, knowledge... Thanks for comin thru and takin a look, please do stick around..

Latest posts

Top Bottom