Hydro grow/ 2 White Widow, 1 G-13 Haze, 1 LSD

• Thread starter medical420mama
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
A

alfonso2002

I think we should pm those things not sure if it is a good thing for all to know. And NO I am not paranoid

M

medical420mama

Well i just went to check on my ladies to see how they are doing and i was not to pleased when i opened the door. The LSD is dead all the leaves were hard and crunchy. But i am not to upset about that she was stressed from the day i got her and made me stressed trying to figure out what was wrong. So i think it is for the best maybe. I did take a clone off her so we will see if that does anything.

The G-13 looks beautiful i am going to keep her in soil she looks so good i dont want to disturb her to much. Hopefully this weekend i can repot her and give her a feeding.

The white widows are drooping like they need to be water or have been over watered but i keep the water level the same all the time so i am a little unsure as to what is going on. The PH was a little higher then i want so i treated it with PH down and see what happens in a little bit. I dont have the camera hubby took it so i will take pictures tonite. Also tonite i am going to change the light from 24 to 18/6. I honestly didnt know to have them under 18/6 light i thought it was 24 hour light till you wanted to flower. So maybe the light change will help them some. This weekend they are due for a water change and new nuitrients so that may help also. I finally got an extra spray bottle so i will start to leaf feed them this weekend also.
Thats about it so stay tuned and tonite i will take some pictures.. :) Thank you for stopping buy and reading and helping.

M

medical420mama

Off topic question

Is there a way i can edit the tittle of the thread?

A

alfonso2002

Also mama get that light closer to your plants raise plants or lower light Now mama I am no pro at this but I have done some reading,

M

medical420mama

Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!

So everything went to hell. I have no idea what happened but the white widow started to look really bad and as a i posted before the LSD had died. PH levels were good water was good temps were good, everything seemed perfect, but the plants were not looking good.

So i got some soil took the G-13 which is beautiful no signs of any stress and growing nicely, and placed her in an 8 inch pot. Gave her the first feeding since i had picked her up so i am sure she will like that.

I put both the white widows in the same pot in soil There is one that i think maybe wont survive. Hopefully with being in soil they will be happier.

I am not sure what happened to cause all the issues but i hope that switching back to soil will bring improvement.

These pics were taken about an hour after transplanting.

PIC 0018
PIC 0020
M

medical420mama

I forgot we have another issue. I had unplugged the light to plug the timer in and the light wouldnt turn back on...The fan inside the ballast was still working. After about 5 minutes the light would come back on. Is my ballast going out already? its under a year old.

A

alfonso2002

I think the way they work is if you turn off there is a waiting time before the light will come back on. did you move the light closer?Like 12" You can check by putting your hand at top of plant and feel the temp from light if 2 hot for your hand the light is 2 close. ps the one in the pic looks like it will make it one more? do you have a fan on them

M

mrgreenthumb

i am sure things will turn around for you mamma...practice makes perfect

TheBioMaster

TheBioMaster

How high was your water level? You wanna try and keep the PH lower at around 5.5 for DWC. Also, if thats a 600W light do not put it 12 inches away from new clones. Flouros work better than HID for new clones and trying to get them started. If you do use the 600w keep it at least 2 ft away...your plants look burnt and hot. Whats the temp like with lights on?

Good luck to you!

A

alfonso2002

Hi mama how are your plants doing did they like the soil better?

M

medical420mama

So im really not sure what happened at all but i lost all the plants except for the G13 (thank god). I could get replacements if i wanted but i have some mystery seeds a friend gave me and i have started those. I plan on doing them hydro. Right now i am considering using a different grow medium other then the hydroton (Fox Farm Chunky Perlite).The G13 is in soil and so far is doing good there is not a whole lot of stress signs.

I really don't know what happened with the first batch they really didn't like something. If i do use the hydroton again i will clean it super good and bleach the buckets maybe (hard to believe) but maybe i didn't clean something good enough from the last grow.... oh well who knows and we shall never know. I just hope this one goes better and my G13 stays alive.

A

alfonso2002

sorry to hear about your plants I think that there is a growing curve involved with hydro but you do have to start someplace. I have an ebb&flow setup but was scared to try until I have some meds to last a while . just can't afford to be buying from producers
at the price they are getting.Can I ask you did you rinse the hydrton before you put your plants in? I heard that if not you do have problems.also the biomaster had a good point that the use of florescent light would be better for small plant

M

medical420mama

sorry to hear about your plants I think that there is a growing curve involved with hydro but you do have to start someplace. I have an ebb&flow setup but was scared to try until I have some meds to last a while . just can't afford to be buying from producers
at the price they are getting.Can I ask you did you rinse the hydrton before you put your plants in? I heard that if not you do have problems.

yeah first they soaked in a hydrogen peroxide and water bath for 30 minutes and then i rinsed them about 4 times so i was pretty sure everything was clean but you never now what the littlest of things can do.

A

alfonso2002

your right on that just got to get that experience in I guess

coolslayer

coolslayer

I concur.....and the timer helps me if I forget to turn on/off the lights.

coolslayer

coolslayer

Trial and error is a great cannabis growing teacher.
Before you know it,you'll be growing fat healthy buds.

Top Bottom