Hydro Innovations Water-Cooled Co2 Generator

• Thread starter Texas Kid
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Dr.stickerdick

Dr.stickerdick

Josey good point, they do only throw off CO 2 when hot faucet is open. You could take exhaust(tankless heater) to grow room but have means of monitoring levels so you don't have problems in the household. Oh yeh, if your tankless is electric all bets are off, lol

J

Jalisco Kid

It only works burning gas. It only burns when making hotwater. You could offer free showers to the homeless and duct the burnt fuel to your room.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
Mines hangin on the wall unistalled for a few months now. Without a chiller and more reliable ignigtor setup it is pretty worthless...feed to waste would be the way to go if you didn't have to pay for water..

Tex

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I was also going to go that route but when it was all said and done it wasn't worth it. You have the Burner, Chiller, Controller, Rez, plumbing yada yada yada. Too many things to go wrong and to many factors when I'm away. I also heard the horror stories of fires and shutoff. I would be scared mounting something like that to a wall.

I got a Cap Gen-1 ($490 - running 2 burners) and a Growzone co2 controller ($580) and bam done. Heat is really nothing. Maybe as much as a 600 or a 1k. Cheaper in the long run just getting a bigger a/c unit and having more options in the room. Have a 10x12x10 room and maybe once its up to set level runs 10-15 min at a time every hour or so. Bottle of propane lasts me almost a month :)

J

Josey Wales

My water heater is a propane burner, runs off a 500 gallon underground tank.
Is this idea crazy:
If I got one of those valves that Hydro Innovation sells and put it on a hot water line in my bsmt, could I rig a co2 controller to open that valve on the hot water when needed , therefore creating co2 with my tankless heater? My house has a deep well, if I could re-circulat that water back to my well somehow and get some kind of flange on the vent to the heater(which now vents outside) to direct the output to my room when the valve is on, am I nuts or would this work?

Seems like there has to be a way to use what I already have.

J

Jalisco Kid

I never compared burners but I would check out the type of metal to see if one burns hotter/cleaner. JK

J

J.a.h.

I haven't seen these . Where did you find ? Just what I was lookin for.sounds like there was a little thought put in to this unit.

B

barnyard

I'm pretty sure I read that someone on IC had an issue with their's where it caused a fire...

Yeah that was me in just came to this site and I wasjust going through this thread and came across this They never refunded the grow shop I got it from saying user error lol it was very simple to set up.

JACKMAYOFFER

JACKMAYOFFER

Playing with Fire Son...
Supporter
Yeah that was me in just came to this site and I wasjust going through this thread and came across this They never refunded the grow shop I got it from saying user error lol it was very simple to set up.

Thats why I shop at GREEN COAST HYDRO they took mine back and where sorry it did not work.

J

Josey Wales

Hell,
I still got my my old CO2 tank style setup, just need to get another tank , so I always have a full backup when 1 bottle goes empty. Might be simpler just to use that. CO2 refills are not that hard to get. I need my new to be built room to be completely sealed in my new location so I definately need some sort of co2 infusion.
Sucks, I haven't been able to grow indoors in bout 2 years, but I will spare no expense to make my room perfect as It's the last one I will ever setup.

N

noone88

They finally put up some details about the HydroGEN pro. Auto-restart and power cord. Definitely worth looking into again.

W

watercooled

I have one of the new models and it's working flawlessly. Bought from watercooledgardens.com and agreed with them I could return it if it didn't work once if I proved I was using a properly sized pump. :-) didn't return it... working well.

B

brookstown

hmmm "watercooled" huh... How much they pay you for that posting?

W

watercooled

^ Nothing. I call it how I see it. I've made several post positive and several showing that there are alternatives for the "converted" water heater errr CO2 generator. The new gen is working great for me... it is what it is.

I've also stated options for chillers as well as posting details on my setup which uses NO chiller and works well with 12k watts of lighting. Look me up :-)

I did get a package deal from watercooledgardens and they were easy to work with as well as helped me with the first design. For any "newb" they should check it.

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
I've been rockin a hydrogen co2 geny for about a year now...no probs at all. Its the LP version, i use a pond pump (id have to look at the gph) but its a bigger pump and i set my gas and water flow to the lowest setting.
As far as water for the unit i run my waste water from my r/o unit to a 30 gal trash can and about 8 in. from the top of the can i have taped in a 1/2 line for overflow, i run through the unit to waste an voila not a hitch works great for my room. Keep my co2 controller set to kick on at 1350 and the unit runs for about 45 sec to boost me back to around 1500.
Im planning on grabing there new co2 controller for the room im in the process of putting together, its plug and play style and keeps the room @ 1300-1500 on its own. (no programing needed)

D

DrGoodMeds

Be Ware!!!

I have had nothing but problems with my generator. It worked fine on propane but I was burning through a tank in 3 days. When I tried to convert it to Natural Gas I broke the gas inlet line because they had the propane connection so tight. When I called for a replacement they charged me $30 to send me a new piece even though the piece I had to remove was literally fused onto the gas inlet. Once I got the replacement part and got it all hooked up I realized the flame would not stay lit!!! I wish I would have read this before I made my purchase. I have 2 brand new ones sitting in a box I was planning on using for a new spot that I will need to send back now.... I hope I don't get charged a restocking fee!

I would avoid this product if you plan on using it with NG.

N

noone88

I also tried doing the LP to NG conversion by myself. It was impossible. I kept on stripping the screws that are hard to access.

I ended up sending the unit to hydroinnovations for them to do the conversion. When I got it back, it worked, but the unit would not stay lit.

TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

I've been rockin a hydrogen co2 geny for about a year now...no probs at all. Its the LP version

Farmer Jon,
do you know if you have the new, updated version? Does yours have a power cord? I am looking for an LP powered generator. I have less than 700 cubic feet, and also like the idea of water cooled. I don't know what other generator that really appeals to me.:thinking

F

Farmer Jon

Premium Member
Supporter
Farmer Jon,
do you know if you have the new, updated version? Does yours have a power cord? I am looking for an LP powered generator. I have less than 700 cubic feet, and also like the idea of water cooled. I don't know what other generator that really appeals to me.:thinking

Sorry it took me so long to respond.
I think i have the older model it takes batteries, Its LP I use a 5 gal tank and it lasts around 5-6 weeks in my sealed room. (around 750 cubic foot) Its still rocks just like new and I got a new one for another room im setting up, it may be the new model im not sure (have not opened the box yet) IDK if its a hit and miss type of thing with these but it was a golden find as far as im concerned, I couldnt run a reg geny without heat probs in the room I have it in and tanks of co2 are a pain to fill in my neck of the woods.

L

Loudblunts

the new propanes are supposed to be fine and the shit (from a few folks)...

the whole deal with the NG is supposed to be something about the 'gas pressure' isnt regulated as much or standardized as much as say, water pressure or something like that

i blv they have pulled all NG conversion kits because of the differing NG pressures nationwide

at least thas what the word is anyway. They if ya gon run one, run the propane...

edit: errr unless you know your gas pressure is on point?

Latest posts

Top Bottom