hydro res, air and circulation pumps, chillers, and ozone.

• Thread starter GreenGalaxyFarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

this is RDWC im talking about.
im just going to have to see which things translate to nft and make adjustments as i go.
so add up the actual water volume of the entire system and you need a turnover ideally of 10x per hr. Eg. 50 gal of actual water would be between 200gph min and 500gph. id suggest 500 although in a smaller system you can get away with less.
ok then ill need a 1600l/h = 26.7l/min unit. got this magnetic piston air pump at 40l/min https://futurama.co.za/sunsun-aco-002-magnetic-piston-air-pump-40l-min they are apparently noisy..
I do suggest the larger 4x2 simply because they are proven and have more surface area (less prone to clogging)
they round ones are 4'' diameter doesn't say height. then there is a 6'' x 0.9'' bar type? https://www.takealot.com/air-stone-150mm/PLID91220196 which one would you have gone for here.
id go with the 29% h202 and dilute it. the 3% h202 has a bunch of things added to keep it stabilized in such a low concentration and anything over 30% will likely have severe shipping restrictions
the options at the lab supply store here are 3%, 30%, 35% and 50%. would this be diluted with distilled and normal ro water? does it even matter?
appreciate your input brother

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah noisy but will get the job done. Go with the rounds over the bar. Yes you just dilute with distilled water… id say 30% be careful and wear gloves

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Yeah noisy but will get the job done.
will consider it white noise for the plants maybe they like it..idk
Go with the rounds over the bar. Yes you just dilute with distilled water… id say 30% be careful and wear gloves
ok i just found 6 x 11inch bar type airstones that i can import for free (but need to wait 7 days) and the have suction cups or do we still go rounds?
im adding gloves to list thanks

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

how the f can buying medical gloves be this hard im honestly just going with xl cause then im sure they will fit, jees this build already confusing me too much lucky that i can medicate as i go

anyway got the info between you guys that i need to commence thanks for all inputs. will update as i build👍👍👍

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

how the f can buying medical gloves be this hard im honestly just going with xl cause then im sure they will fit, jees this build already confusing me too much lucky that i can medicate as i go

anyway got the info between you guys that i need to commence thanks for all inputs. will update as i build👍👍👍
Just buy the rubber dishwashing gloves

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

If you want to cut cost and have a better product I'd make your own hypochlorous acid, , Clorox Sodium Chloride ( salt) Magnesium Sulfate, Monopotassium Phosphate, is all you need so if you have that stuff on hand or easy to get, That would be my way to go.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

If you want to cut cost and have a better product I'd make your own hypochlorous acid, , Clorox Sodium Chloride ( salt) Magnesium Sulfate, Monopotassium Phosphate, is all you need so if you have that stuff on hand or easy to get, That would be my way to go.
Hope all is well with you brother.

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

hey brother please confirm these links based on your suggested compound
: im assuming this is used to sterilize the reservoir and not to blow the roof off my house? or do i use this to wipe down the system prior to use?

you showed interest in a previous post to the amount of plants ill be running in the 3 x 3000mm tubes. truth is i dont know yet was going to just order 100 net pots, use a few in this version, and the rest in ver 2. how many would you run in a 3000mm tube. also i must add that these will only run autos

Last edited:
Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

Any AG grade MPK or Magnesium Sulfate will be fine, for Sodium Chloride use table salt. For Clorox its considerations will matter, in the mixing of this, its simple to make and yes its for in your system, you just make a concentrated batch and then use 2 to 5 ml/gallon depending on how strong you need it. D.H I think has one posted , you'd have to look, but I think he has a recipe very similar to mine posted on his web page, I think the hydrobuddy page, but it shows all the calculations, Take a look if you can't find it, i'll see if who had it. Its for running a sterile system and when made right its a PH balanced and stable acid.

Really just curious how big a system you were running, Auto's are really not my cup of tea lol, I never read through the thread So i'm not really sure what your doing, but I'm sure you got lots of good advice from the guys here, but from what i did read i remember thinking I would run 100 gallon rez., but maybe auto's don't drink that much?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Hanging in there brother lol , been pretty busy lately but thats life lol, how about you?
Working and getting sick lol. I get better for a week and then catch something else lol. Got on too of my back issues and should have surgery this year some time.

i know it may not sound like it but lifes lretty dam good these days

GreenGalaxyFarm

GreenGalaxyFarm

Any AG grade MPK or Magnesium Sulfate will be fine, for Sodium Chloride use table salt. For Clorox its considerations will matter, in the mixing of this, its simple to make and yes its for in your system, you just make a concentrated batch and then use 2 to 5 ml/gallon depending on how strong you need it. D.H I think has one posted , you'd have to look, but I think he has a recipe very similar to mine posted on his web page, I think the hydrobuddy page, but it shows all the calculations, Take a look if you can't find it, i'll see if who had it. Its for running a sterile system and when made right its a PH balanced and stable acid.
appreciate man. doesnt seem overly complicated at all and easily obtainable. thanks been mixing bacteria recipes seems im moving to chems, havnt done chemistry since we made a class bong in high school. had a bicycle sprocket as a base. miss that bong. this is ages ago now moving on with glass water pipes. im checking out hydrobuddy v1.100 online, thanks.
Really just curious how big a system you were running, Auto's are really not my cup of tea lol, I never read through the thread So i'm not really sure what your doing, but I'm sure you got lots of good advice from the guys here, but from what i did read i remember thinking I would run 100 gallon rez., but maybe auto's don't drink that much?
its my first run at auto, i got 40 seeds for 27usd shipping included, and i like that im supporting a local breeder and all he has are autos currently, its apparently a really nice cross though. but who knows what to expect with autos. 100gallon it is them. how much they drink i dont know as well but im running a hose connection between a 5 stage filter and hose fitting to float valve on the reservoir or one of the reservoirs.

Dr.Green55

Dr.Green55

appreciate man. doesnt seem overly complicated at all and easily obtainable. thanks been mixing bacteria recipes seems im moving to chems, havnt done chemistry since we made a class bong in high school. had a bicycle sprocket as a base. miss that bong. this is ages ago now moving on with glass water pipes. im checking out hydrobuddy v1.100 online, thanks.

its my first run at auto, i got 40 seeds for 27usd shipping included, and i like that im supporting a local breeder and all he has are autos currently, its apparently a really nice cross though. but who knows what to expect with autos. 100gallon it is them. how much they drink i dont know as well but im running a hose connection between a 5 stage filter and hose fitting to float valve on the reservoir or one of the reservoirs.
I looked for that recipe, I'm sure it was DH that posted it, if I can't find it i'll post mine, it would just save me from write all the measurements/calculations out

as someone else mentioned the larger rez will keep everything a little more in balance and stable longer

Don't get me wrong I have nothing against autos I just don't run them

Last edited:
Observationist

Observationist

The fuck.

(Cool)

I'm just soaking up knowledge don't mind me guys, lol.

Observationist

Observationist

hey brother please confirm these links based on your suggested compound
: im assuming this is used to sterilize the reservoir and not to blow the roof off my house? or do i use this to wipe down the system prior to use?

you showed interest in a previous post to the amount of plants ill be running in the 3 x 3000mm tubes. truth is i dont know yet was going to just order 100 net pots, use a few in this version, and the rest in ver 2. how many would you run in a 3000mm tube. also i must add that these will only run autos
I use pool shock BUT, Is this better?

Top Bottom