Hydrofarm Commercial Double Ended Light Kit

• Thread starter chinqlinq
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Billyboat

Billyboat

You're right, I was acting out after he completely misrepresented my questions and started accusing me of things I didn't say. Never had a salesman tell me to fuck off before when I already said he had earned over $7k of my business, and I just wanted to hear about the upgrade option before pulling the trigger. I guess he thought the shipping quote was just me bullshitting?

I don't need more lights for another month so I'm here listening to everyone's input and calling out a few things as I see them. I'm sorry if my likes aren't obvious enough appreciation for other's contributions. Eagerly awaiting your test results, thanks.

Oh and inferring Jair @Gavita is just a bullshitter is also real classy way to do business when you sell their products.

I should have results, I'm hoping sometime this up coming week, back to back holidays is def slowing the process down as the lab is closed for such holidays, but I'll post up any and all info when I receive it.

So far the my nanolux test light is getting chopped next week and I'm blown away by the plants under it.
If the test results come back positive (which I really think they will) I'll be ordering more nano stuff as its all pretty awesome so far.

Cheers

MedicineFarm

MedicineFarm

You're right, I was acting out after he completely misrepresented my questions and started accusing me of things I didn't say. Never had a salesman tell me to fuck off before when I already said he had earned over $7k of my business, and I just wanted to hear about the upgrade option before pulling the trigger. I guess he thought the shipping quote was just me bullshitting?

I don't need more lights for another month so I'm here listening to everyone's input and calling out a few things as I see them. I'm sorry if my likes aren't obvious enough appreciation for other's contributions. Eagerly awaiting your test results, thanks.

Oh and inferring Jair @Gavita is just a bullshitter is also real classy way to do business when you sell their products.
have you taken a look at the digilume DE kit with the par reflector? the par averages are up there.

los0420

los0420

I'm trying something different, I'm going to run the nanolux de on a mover and see how close I can get it to the plants, it's covering a 13' area...and moving 5 feet.
View attachment 456575

I run my gavita 1000 pro about 2 and a half feet above my canopy on light mover over a 4x4 tray they only move about 10 inches each way so there is no hot spot .my buddy runs his even closer and on the 1150 watt set up

Billyboat

Billyboat

I run my gavita 1000 pro about 2 and a half feet above my canopy on light mover over a 4x4 tray they only move about 10 inches each way so there is no hot spot .my buddy runs his even closer and on the 1150 watt set up

The nano I have is above a cookies tray, and that plant is known to be super sensitive. Its about 2 feet away and on 1215 mode and they nugs are rock hard all the way to the lowers. Harvesting it soon, and I'll get the meds lab tested.

Herb Forester

Herb Forester

The nano I have is above a cookies tray, and that plant is known to be super sensitive. Its about 2 feet away and on 1215 mode and they nugs are rock hard all the way to the lowers. Harvesting it soon, and I'll get the meds lab tested.
What EC are you feeding these? It's still on a mover, right?

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

I've seen every single one (nano, hf, both gavitas, ePaps and every variation of remote ballast/hood) of these lights working in both hobbyist AND commercial settings and guess what... It boils down more to YOUR APPLICATION rather than the light output. ALL of these lights have both strengths and weaknesses and ANY of them will make you successful or an utter failure (again, depending on your application). There is no question that DE lighting is the first major innovation in the horticultural lighting industry in decades practically. All of them will get you killer yields and quality when used in the correct setting.

Yes ePaps have a lower par rating than say a Gavita on a 5x5 spread. But that's not taking into account the rediculious cross lighting you'll get on running multiple ePaps in a commercial setting. The nanolux is probably a better option for many hobbyist growers or those with lower ceiling height due to the horizontal ballast rather than vertical. Try putting a gavita in a setup with 8ft ceilings and watch your plants cook. The Hydrofarm and Nano come with multiple reflector patterns which make them more versatile and a good choice for many reasons. ALL of them are coming in around the same micromol ratings and it truly comes down to your application.

I personally would worry less about the output of the light and more about which one fits your needs best. All this hate and anger and dick measuring it just retarded. What anyone buying or selling these lights should be concerned with (again) is which one works best in the application it will be used in. The better question is how does x light perform in y setting. While the published tests do tell part of the story, A lot of these tests and info are worthless because most people using these lights are NOT growing in a single 5x5 space.

Just my 2c anyway.

DirtySanchez

DirtySanchez

Better said.. I'd care less about THE MINIMAL DIFFERENCE in output between these fixtures and more about the application. Certainly the light output matters but the DIFFERENCE between these fixtures is very little in terms of output. AND the difference in numbers is mostly due to the reflector pattern.

rubthe nub

rubthe nub

@Billyboat Very interested in what came out of your testing. Somebody here pointed me in the direction of these nanolux fixtures.

Billyboat

Billyboat

Waiting on billys results...thread dropped off

I haven't gotten em tested personally as Light Lab Inc never ended up calling me back after a few trys and I have been so busy I didn't follow up.

I did obtain some tests that they (light lab inc) did on the Nanolux's and I'll see if I can dig them up. They told me they had tested them for 3 or 4 different companies/people.

Billyboat

Billyboat

This is what I have...
Data
Dada
Spectrum

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

good info in here.

i'm super interested in the new gerneration of DE bulbs/ballasts... looks like i will hold out on 'em till the technology gets more consistent with more testing in a couple of years...

Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper

i know they have the potential to be better than standard SE bulbs, but they are just not as predictable/consistent from brand to brand/fixture to fixture atm.

Thereallenny

Thereallenny

These are pretty solid; especially if you've never seen doubled-ended PAR at work. Bangin.
For the best PAR possible currently with 1000w, it's Galaxy GrowAmp, Philips DE bulbs, and AC/DE hoods WITHOUT glass or air-cooling. Runs a little hot but kills it.

PS: these test results were WITH the glass.

What he said. I switched from 4 reg 1000 phantom ballasts to 4 1000 Gavita De and I'm 10 days from harvest on my first run and You can visibly see a huge difference in yield and everything is very dense. I will say with the ballasts in the room you will see a good jump in heat. It was 90 here in SoCal yesterday and the Ac couldn't keep up. Unless you have a high ceiling you won't be growing big trees because of the
30 inches distance. I think the good out weighs the bad.

Latest posts

Top Bottom