Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
We Solidarity

We Solidarity

@We Solidarity is the CalMag needed? Does it depend on the formula being used?

Can I run this in soil and water it like I'd water soil, meaning little to no runoff? I'd rather not have a lot of runoff flushing down the drain as I'm in a rural area and would rather not be flushing a lot of Nutes down the drain.

outwest

Cal mag def wasn't needed, plants looked great and raged...but adding more of it + some pk (same results with monster bloom and mkp) is when we starting seeing the insane numbers (2.3+ per light in 25-35 light rooms consistently). This is with an older blend of veg+bloom, the HD is supposed to have a little more and I haven't grown with it yet.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I can get the HR part down pretty low cost wise but that OSA28 is $1,100.00 per gallon and I use .36 gallons per room per 9 week cycle so it adds up quick. The Veg & Bloom, I use roughly 25lbs pre 9 week cycle, Size is about 6lbs per 9 week cycle, and Life is only about 150gram.. I mix 35 gallon batches for each room 7 days a week...Im trying to get my nute cost down in the $30.00 range per pound of finished product.

I haven't used the Push yet, I'll have to hit them up and have them send me some

clutch419

clutch419

I switched from nectar. This line is great I have better results with it than any line I have tried. I just started to us push. The biggest thing I noticed was I spread my seedlings and wow did they like it. I just got my dtw set up otherwise I hand water my bigger garden. I have 1 round in there on veg&bloom and the rest is nectar that is finishing out then I will be straight veg&bloom. My local store is going to contact them to carry it for me since I know the owners they have greenhouse seeds 1 part but it's not real popular only a couple of people are using it I guess 1 is killing it with it and the other is having problems with it. I did notice this morning lots of new growth on my dtw room they are snapping out of transplant shock. To day I feed with a micro tea and I add a little calcium from nectar they make just a calcium product that works great. Most people don't understand that you have enough mag. Already it's just the calcium side the I need I suggest trying it out rather than cal mag. I will take some pics today to share.
This pic I have posted before but this is the difference between nectar and veg&bloom on left is veg&bloom and on right is nectar. Clones are the same time and every thing. My only complaint is my veg is getting out of control with it. And I am backed up a couple of weeks cause I got hit with russet mites but they came back after a treatment with guardian and avid yes I did use nuclear attack on them but I want to kill those little fuckers quick. Guardian works great. But I only trust avid to make sure the Borge was dead. I would have switched my whole garden to veg&bloom but nectar uses this bloom kaos and they say not to use it on plants that's have been fed a nitrate food source and I veg&bloom on one plant that had been given bloom kaos and that was a bad idea. I will post a pic of what happens when you mix the 2 not pretty at all.
My costs have dropped so much on nectar I spent a grand a month on food cause if you don't follow there chart you have problems and when you use 8 tbl of Herculean harvest per gallon it adds up quick at 75 bucks for a 2.5 gallon jug I go through every 2 weeks with it. Thank god I get 40 %off at the store and the grand a month is with 40%off
Nectar bucket of food costs around 4 bucks for 4 gallons with veg&bloom I am down to I think .30 cents to .50 cents per bucket now.
I use veg&bloom plus golden tree cause I have a lot of samples of it and I also use carbo load for sugars that's all.
Monster gardens has a great video about nectar and how to use there products and it explains a lot about nutrition take up and most sugars are to big for a plant to take up or break down. And carbo load is already broke down enough for plant take up. I suggest people watch the video even though we don't use nectar Scott explains a lot about plants and how they work. I quit using molasses after finding out the carbon chain on it is like a lead blanket to your roots and your micros. And it has made a huge difference I never understood why my plants love carbo load and not molasses.
I thank lileagle for the hook up with veg&bloom his pics swayed me to switch.

clutch419

clutch419

@We Solidarity is the CalMag needed? Does it depend on the formula being used?

Can I run this in soil and water it like I'd water soil, meaning little to no runoff? I'd rather not have a lot of runoff flushing down the drain as I'm in a rural area and would rather not be flushing a lot of Nutes down the drain.

outwest
If your in soil use the dirty formula don't use calmag just buy some calcium product from nectar called demmeters destiny. If you need more calcium. I don't water enough to get run off I find it a waist of money and food my big garden gets up to 6 cups a day with no run off but I grow in 3gallon pots but am thinking of going to a lager pot in the future. I can pick up each pot and tell how much they will want on a daily basis.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
@CelticEBE @clutch419 @We Solidarity

Based on what I've heard so far let me see if this could work.

Could I run coco beds feeding v+b and water to no runoff? What would the feed schedule look like? Every day with perhaps an incoculation 1-2 times a week?

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Could I run coco beds feeding v+b and water to no runoff? What would the feed schedule look like? Every day with perhaps an incoculation 1-2 times a week?

outwest

Definitely, I wod run the ec a little lower, 1.2-1.6 and maybe some half strength feeds if you don't plan on running off, should only need innoculation every two weeks or so beds are much more receptive to bennies.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Definitely, I wod run the ec a little lower, 1.2-1.6 and maybe some half strength feeds if you don't plan on running off, should only need innoculation every two weeks or so beds are much more receptive to bennies.

Cool, so other than inoculating every other week, I'd be feeding every time? Many thanks!

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

Cool, so other than inoculating every other week, I'd be feeding every time? Many thanks!

outwest

Yep, always feeding, I'd do at least one half strength feed a week, if you notice your plants raging hard lighten up a bit, that's your sign that they're about to be overfed and you want to keep them in that happy zone...I've fed heavy with veg bloom and they can take it and will get huge but your quality will go down.

outwest

outwest

Premium Gardener
Supporter
Yep, always feeding, I'd do at least one half strength feed a week, if you notice your plants raging hard lighten up a bit, that's your sign that they're about to be overfed and you want to keep them in that happy zone...I've fed heavy with veg bloom and they can take it and will get huge but your quality will go down.

OK, that sounds good. You bring up the notion of quality, which is my only remaining concern, as I've always been an organic soil guy. What's your take?

outwest

We Solidarity

We Solidarity

OK, that sounds good. You bring up the notion of quality, which is my only remaining concern, as I've always been an organic soil guy. What's your take?

outwest

Quality is through the roof...our lab results were all up 2-5% across the board for THC percentages...I definitely love smoking v+b herb usually you can blow the ash out of a bowl its so clean

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

outwest
I really should start paying more attention to my EC. I just got used to measuring how many grams of v+b and size I add to my water. As I stated earlier, I feed for 3 days then water, then feed for 2 days and water again. When I water I inoculate but I am in 5 gallon smart pots. I top out at 5 grams per gallons when I can't have runoff. So I am sure if you wanted to feed every day you could just lower the amount you feed them with no issues. Just doing quick math it looks like I could feed 6 days a week at 4 grams a gallon. Which is what I usually feed my moms and they stay nice and lush.

I think I have gotten into the idea of not pushing my plants to hard as well. When I moved up here to NorCal....I stopped running a sealed room.....so I'm not running co2 anymore. Funny thing is my yields only slightly decreased....but my quality increased considerably.

clutch419

clutch419

Ok so I started using the push well either I have it to strong or you don't need to spray more than 1 time a day. I started to get a little burn from it.
But you do see results in a day from it

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok so I started using the push well either I have it to strong or you don't need to spray more than 1 time a day. I started to get a little burn from it.
But you do see results in a day from it
Yeah....I wouldn't use any foliar more than once every 4 days.

Smokey503ski

Smokey503ski

I put a request in for samples. Still haven't recieved a email from them.
Also seen they're out of stock on samples.
Hopefully they get them in soon.
Would be nice if I could just pick the line up locally.

clutch419

clutch419

Ok quick question I have to order today. The last time I ordered I got the dirty. But I have switched to coco now but most of my clones are in soil in red cups. Which one should I get this time. I use ro water so should I get the ro one or the hd blend.

Latest posts

Top Bottom