Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Ok quick question I have to order today. The last time I ordered I got the dirty. But I have switched to coco now but most of my clones are in soil in red cups. Which one should I get this time. I use ro water so should I get the ro one or the hd blend.
I'd say go with the HD, from what I understand, it kills it in Coco.

Junk

Junk

I don't water enough to get run off I find it a waist of money and food my big garden gets up to 6 cups a day with no run off but I grow in 3gallon pots but am thinking of going to a lager pot in the future. I can pick up each pot and tell how much they will want on a daily basis.

For what it's worth, I also don't see the need to water to run off. Once I've figured out the recipe the plants want, I don't see the need to continue watering to run off. Unless I need to measure something, it seems like a waste.

I've done side by sides watering till run off vs. not & I didn't notice any difference at all.

clutch419

clutch419

Now since I have run out of veg&bloom till Tuesday should I just pick up some gh maxi bloom and grow to get me through or should I just give them teas and micros till I get my order in.

ill eagle

ill eagle

RMX VB for veg-week 3 flower then HD till flush= swollen green gold. This is pretty much our all star recipe for quality and quantity. Easy cheesy

kweezy420

kweezy420

RMX VB for veg-week 3 flower then HD till flush= swollen green gold. This is pretty much our all star recipe for quality and quantity. Easy cheesyView attachment 540310
wow i was bout to ask that question... How's the transition when switchin over from the RO formula to the HD formula and vice versa? im guessing its a super smooth if not better transition.. NICE

So, after clogging up ill eagle's thread I figured it might be a good idea to start a thread just about HR and our experiences with their products.

I was a H16 user, and still use a few of the products. I was skeptical at first. No way was a one part powder going to bring me the same success that I was getting with H16. I was wrong. I'm NOT dissing H16....not by a long shot. I love those guys and think they make a great lineup. I've just moved on.

I recently got sent a sample of PUSH, and I have to say that I have NEVER experienced overnight changes like this. Here's two pics taken 24 hours apart. You can SEE the explosive growth between the two. I don't know what kind of magical unicorn juice Chris has put it in PUSH.......but damn!!!!

Before foliar with PUSH
View attachment 537019

After foliar with PUSH
View attachment 537020

I don't know about you guys....but I am on this HR train til the wheels fall off.
how was the transition when switching over to V+B from heavy 16? Did you notice any stress/ deficiencies in the beginning?

Last edited:
T

toquer

how was the transition when switching over to V+B from heavy 16? Did you notice any stress/ deficiencies in the beginning?
I left one tray on heavy and switched the rest after you could see the results were going to be better with v&b.
We just chopped two trays down. The plants that switched to v&b are overall heavier at chop time. The buds are dense throughout the plant. The h16 tray has larger tops but the overall plant weight is less. We'll know for sure after dry and trim.
As for the transition. It was super smooth. Plants didn't miss a beat. I switched in week 4 of 11. Yes I go 77 days. Anyways the EC was cut in half and the ones on v&b have a lot more frost. Heavy is really heavy, 14ml/gal a&b, 4ml/gal of prime & fire, in the end 20ml/gal finish. It's not bad it produces results but I think v&b is easier and the test results will tell the rest.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

wow i was bout to ask that question... How's the transition when switchin over from the RO formula to the HD formula and vice versa? im guessing its a super smooth if not better transition.. NICE

To be honest.....I did have some problems. However the problems were not with V+B, they were with my water. This was about a year and a half ago when I still lived in LA. My tap water went from fairly neutral to 9.6. I started cutting my tap with RO and things cleared up immediately.

After I moved to NorCal, where I have EXCEPTIONAL well water (6.4 and about 150ppm), I started mixing TAP and DIRTY (2:1). My ph comes lands at 5.8 everytime now.....I rarely use my meter anymore. My plants have never looked healthier. I've got 2 runs going right now, and probably one more before I run out of my current supply and make the switch over to HD. Just in time for my new project in a 1500 sqft workshop.

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

20151003 225858 RichtoneHDR
Week 3 of flowering on a Hollywood Pure Kush s1 using the HD formula,+size and sea green. Only the 2 HPK s1 showing the claw due to over nitrification. Do you guys think maybe I should only feed them the +size at proper ph or just cut back on the HD?

These are some big bitches which I have in a vert room on 40" centers due to space constraints. They did experience some light burn, but they snapped outta that shit quick after a week in their new high lumen environment.

Here is a pic of the full plant:
20151003 225922 RichtoneHDR

ill eagle

ill eagle

I wouldn't use anything but the HD on those. They look like they were over fed and then underfed, back to back. Or over/underwatered. Try increasing your ec until they are a solid green without curl on the next run and then consider dropping in the size. Just my opinion

clutch419

clutch419

If it's just the tops that are starting to claw up then I would say you need some more calcium to stop that. I had that problem with nectar the tops of my plants started to get the claw. I added more calcium to them and it goes away. Don't use a calmag product just calcium is needed.
If your in coco you need more calcium than you think. Bloom boosters can use up all the calcium that there is available for them.
I would drop the +size and just stick with the hd if it still is happening then add more calcium

IPlay4Keepz

IPlay4Keepz

Thanx guys! @ill eagle was spot on. I overfed and then flushed with ph'd molasses tea. Should have just went with the HD and nothing else on the next feeding. Will take your advice and just continue to feed HD until they snap out of it and add the size when they are back on track. Again, I appreciate everyones input -Keepz

clutch419

clutch419

So this is start of of week 3. Everything is doing great so far found that max ppm that they like is about 1000. But if I keep them at about 800 they love it dink up to 6 cups a day. In 3 gallon pots
Also started using push on them 3 days ago

clutch419

clutch419

This is my experiment room I do a dtw on them.
My Rez is nectar of the gods additives only and I hand water veg&bloom 3 times a day.
Rez. Runs at 300 ppm
Zuse juice growth booster
Athena amino acids
Pegasus potion nitrogen
Tritons trawl mag.
Posiden ensym with sea weed
Hygia yuca extract
Demmeters calcium
Only using up left over I have from them
First pic is last week they are starting week 4
That's second pic
Sorry I take bad pics

Lurkin4yrs

Lurkin4yrs

So how many gal you guys getting(avg) out of a pound of v+b? I'm thinking of tring this out as I have to do some traveling and having a helper help out. Simpler the better, I use 40 gal every other day so 1400ish gal per cycle. so I figure 16ish pounds per cycle? Sound about right guys?

-lurkin

I use stright coco with ro btw
I should be ordering hd correct?

Top Bottom