Hydroponic Research User Thread

• Thread starter CelticEBE
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Coloradofrost

Coloradofrost

Im totally lost at this point. Before the HD was made available, I had read nothing that suggest it was only good for flowering. Now im reading its only good for plants that are watered 3 to 4 times daily! Maybe I should have stayed with the dirty in pro mix bx because the HD has turned out to be total waste of my resources. Lets just assume its grower error because others have different results minus certain facts that are left out!

My first run I did with V+B was with their HD through the plants entire life cycle and crushed it. 5 gal pots of coco watered every other day with no ill effects other than some ph drift which is easily fixed if your monitoring your plants. I've recently switched over to RO soft for veg and for the first 3-4 weeks of flower just cause its a little easier on the wallet and much more ph stable. You should have no issues as long as you pay attention to your plants and adjust accordingly.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

I have a question for those using HD in coco: how high of an ec do you let your runoff get before flushing? I've been feeding around 5g/gal with and ec of 1.2-1.3, ph between 5.8 and 6 and my runoff has been coming out at 1.5-1.6, ph 6.0-6.2.

This is in 2 gal pots irrigated 10x daily w/approx 150ml solution per irrigation cycle, yielding the manufacturers recommended 15% runoff. No signs of overfeeding yet. I came from running the jacks hydro formula which required quite a bit of monitoring (imo) to avoid salt buildup. Thing is, I'm not sure how accurate ec readings of the hd solution are due to the Organics present in the product.

Edit:
Here's what I've been logging, for those interested. Volume numbers are for the entire room.

Last edited:
bdank

bdank

update.. the arc beefed up and filled in along with everything else! VB is surely my goto. I am running almost 2.0 ec in top feed recirc with hydroton and no burn. temps are now 75, humidity 55, and co2 1000. feeding every hour for 15min. Previously i was running H and G flakes and what I've noticed is that the pk boost for v+b (shine) does not burn my plants like I'm used to doing with H and G with moab.

Just curious if anyone is using moab with V+B?

W

whocares

Everything looks and sounds right except the ec of 5g per gallon should be 1.6ec
I have a question for those using HD in coco: how high of an ec do you let your runoff get before flushing? I've been feeding around 5g/gal with and ec of 1.2-1.3, ph between 5.8 and 6 and my runoff has been coming out at 1.5-1.6, ph 6.0-6.2.

This is in 2 gal pots irrigated 10x daily w/approx 150ml solution per irrigation cycle, yielding the manufacturers recommended 15% runoff. No signs of overfeeding yet. I came from running the jacks hydro formula which required quite a bit of monitoring (imo) to avoid salt buildup. Thing is, I'm not sure how accurate ec readings of the hd solution are due to the Organics present in the product.

Edit:
Here's what I've been logging, for those interested. Volume numbers are for the entire room.
View attachment 615253
com

W

whocares

When I add water to my 30 gallon res and add 150 grams I get 1.2-1.3ec. But if I grab a 6 gallon bucket for beer brewing that has marking for 5 gallons I get 1.6ec

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

This makes sense, I use a 44gal brute trash can on rollers for my resevoir and used a homer bucket filled to the lip with water and poured in to mark 5 gal increments on it. I later found while using a milk jug to mark 1 gal increments on a homer bucket that they actually hold 5.5-6gal.

Jblaze

Jblaze

Nice I'm glad I found this thread! New to the farm joined back in 2012 but never did anything.
I'm about to redesign my room going to run a custom built DTW system using wool and SOG style. Going to run HD and the flower products. Wont be vegging past one node growth. Going to copy a bit of the jungle boyz style lol
Looks like everyone is killin it with these guys! Keep it up ill be back when room is finished.

str8med

str8med

Its all opinion Im sure. I added Cal Magic to the mix and things are headed towards another direction. Different experience from different environments Im sure. Still requires attention to plant health over the assumption one fits all.

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Its all opinion Im sure. I added Cal Magic to the mix and things are headed towards another direction. Different experience from different environments Im sure. Still requires attention to plant health over the assumption one fits all.
Keep us (Or Me posted), I too planned on using CaliMagic when I experiment with VB

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

Update on my VB run, so for my first time growing a cannabis plant for personal medicinal use with 'zero' experience on how to grow, VB made my experience so much less intimidating and easy to use....i wasnt scared to go "all out" with the nutes.... old school growers use 5-10+part nute lines witch costed $$$$$,(so What intimidated me was that , imagine it didn't work out all that money and time I put in would of went to waste) and with these guys with their 1part line It was so easy n Simple to use, I was confident and able to go all out with less than 200$ so in my opinion it's definitely well worth the risk!!... I wouldn't be surprised if they bump up their price wich I've already notice in the HD they already increased their prices!!! And from
What I've been seeing right now heir in their prime bc of jungle boys, so if your still contemplating wether to stitch to vb id say go all out before the mainstream takes over.......day 36 flower

Last edited:
FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

FYI: Fuck gavitas their sellouts, they sold to Scott's miracle grow co wich will Takeove=EVIL, unhealthy product ==== bad bad bad bad for consumers
Solistech is the way to go imo

Last edited:
FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

I'm worried that vb will sell out one day and let the big time company's take over,we growers should start a trend where personal growers will be able to grow on their own where Big Ben won't take over

Last edited:
FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

Keep us (Or Me posted), I too planned on using CaliMagic when I experiment with VB
I'be been through that experience whwre top leaves were yellow and needed a little extra calmag, all I did was bump up ppm and co2 levels n I was right on point with very very Little nute burne

FarmerBoy

FarmerBoy

I'be been through that experience whwre top leaves were yellow and needed a little extra calmag, all I did was bump up ppm and co2 levels n I was right on point with very very Little nute burne
Btw Im at 1600 ppm With 0 nute burns,

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

Filter tap down to about .2-.3 ec, increase ec, and you shouldn't need calmag.
Ill - Are you growing in sealed rooms under DE's? How close do your plants get to the lamps? What temps do you maintain? Humidity?

I've seen certain nutrient lines able to keep up with plant's needs when 2' from DE's and the production is unreal, compared to the DE grower's keeping their lights a conservative 4-5' off the canopy and using less nutrition.

Those grower's who push it need substantially more N and CA than most are comfortable using. No matter what Coco or Hardwater specific nutrient line I use in my rooms I ALWAYS need additional Cal Mag.

ill eagle

ill eagle

Double ended, 3-4 from tops, temp mid 70s, humidity high 50s, active exhaust. If I see any pale growth I bump the EC for a feed or two and then drop back to my usual 1.7sh ec. Works for most strains but light feeders should be accounted for. I never use calmag

Top Bottom