The Terps

The Terps

I use dosers have 12 of them. Got questions ask away

Last edited:
CelticEBE

CelticEBE

I use dosers have 12 of them. Got questions ask away
Thanks man!

I've got a few projects taking off right now and have been considering using the Dosatrons. I have been using Leader Ecoplus 240's and Octabubblers. Is that a suitable pump for them? Also, if you are using V+B DOS does it mix up super clean or is there particulate matter like with HD?

The Terps

The Terps

I am not I am only using DOS I'm using mills. I just ordered salts last week to mix my own concentrates. Yes I just got that one or the half horse one with the ecotonic for one of my spots

The Terps

The Terps

@CelticEBE i just posted some pics of a couple my dosatron setups ( not with the leader pump both of these are hooked up to the main) in the thread "terps house" if you want to check them out. I will post the Eco pump doser set up there also in the next 2-3 weeks once I install it.
To everyone else I have some problem plants in a problem room if you want to pop over to my thread and help shed some light on the issue.

ill eagle

ill eagle

I recently started using The Dos with Dosatrons, holy fuck, shit is super charged. Have a whole spot on it, veg and flower all running off of 2 dosers with valves. It's very easy.

The Terps

The Terps

@ill eagle so do you use shine and life? I assume they are still not doseable? Also how long do you let your concentrate sit for I mean you mix is I assume in a bucket like container and dosatrons pull out of that. Do you need to mix it with ro water? do you have a small circulation pump in the concentrate bucket? Can you post a pic of your set of very curious. Sorry for bombing you

GR33NL3AF

GR33NL3AF

I am not I am only using DOS I'm using mills. I just ordered salts last week to mix my own concentrates. Yes I just got that one or the half horse one with the ecotonic for one of my spots
Which Ecotronic? 230?

Spectre

Spectre

Sup guys. Don't want to be a downer but Veg+Bloom are robbing us just as much as all the other nutrient companies. I was recommended their nutrients by Celtic about a year and a half ago and i made the switch from House and Garden / GH / Botanicare. I had good results. I decided to play around and reconstructed their recipe myself using raw salts. I had never messed with raw salts before so I did a bunch of reading and decided to go for it. I used the exact same ingredients listed in the V+B base product and actually got better results. Their SHINE uses the exact same stuff from the base, just in different ratios, so i tweaked the recipe a bit. I also accounted for my water source which is @ 150ppm even after going through an Evolution unit. So i built these custom recipes for veg and every week of flower and have been having the best result of my growing life for 10x less than i paid for V+B. Lets stop paying these guys to do what we can do ourselves just as easily. I will gladly provide all recipes or make you a custom recipe according to your water source.

Savage Henry

Savage Henry

Sup guys. Don't want to be a downer but Veg+Bloom are robbing us just as much as all the other nutrient companies. I was recommended their nutrients by Celtic about a year and a half ago and i made the switch from House and Garden / GH / Botanicare. I had good results. I decided to play around and reconstructed their recipe myself using raw salts. I had never messed with raw salts before so I did a bunch of reading and decided to go for it. I used the exact same ingredients listed in the V+B base product and actually got better results. Their SHINE uses the exact same stuff from the base, just in different ratios, so i tweaked the recipe a bit. I also accounted for my water source which is @ 150ppm even after going through an Evolution unit. So i built these custom recipes for veg and every week of flower and have been having the best result of my growing life for 10x less than i paid for V+B. Lets stop paying these guys to do what we can do ourselves just as easily. I will gladly provide all recipes or make you a custom recipe according to your water source.

Nice. I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with, and what version of their formula you used. Did you incorporate any organic ingredients into the mix (humic, fulvic, aminos, chitosan, kelp, etc.)?

ill eagle

ill eagle

Last run started mixing shine into the B part at week 3. As far as convenience is concerned, I can take a break from the water maintenance for a couple weeks at a time. Ph is stupid solid as a rock. You mix the two parts into 5 gallon buckets, drop the dosatron straw in it, twist the dial on dosey to the 1% and done. 1000gph 100$ pump 1/2" sch40 40psi with micro irrigation.

Last edited:
The Terps

The Terps

Sorry still a little unclear you mix dos in one and shine in another? Ro water? Also it sounds like your coming from a stock tank. What pump do you use that only gives 40 psi or do you dial it down?

Last edited:
ill eagle

ill eagle

Dial it, ball valves and pipe size. The pump is a generic sprinkler pump from harbor freight. Dos is split into part A and part B they mix into 100x concentrates A 340g: B 240g per gallon but I run 5 gal stock buckets so it's 1800g A : 1200g B per 5 gallon bucket the simple clean routine. Done

ill eagle

ill eagle

So at week 3 drop about a lb of Shine into the B stock container and watch the ice crust

Spectre

Spectre

Nice. I'd be interested in seeing what you came up with, and what version of their formula you used. Did you incorporate any organic ingredients into the mix (humic, fulvic, aminos, chitosan, kelp, etc.)?

I used individual chelated micros and also soluble Leonardite humus and amino acid. I got all my stuff online. As for soluble kelp, fulvics, and beneficial fungi but i havent messed with it yet. I definitely will though.

I copied the RO/SOFT formula from V+B but added enough Cal/Mg to supplement my water without needing a CalMag product. During bloom I slowly increase P/K/Mg/S until week 5 and then cut N/Cal/Mg/S after week 6. Week 7 is a heavy PK boost before a two week flush. Below is my original copy of V+B RO/Soft and SHINE without my adjustments.

*This would be V+B @ 4g/gal

VEG+BLOOM

(3.2 - 1 - 4.5)

N: 97
P: 30
K: 136
Ca: 100
Mg: 35
S: 55

Calcium Nitrate 2.0g / gal
Magnesium Sulfate 1.4g / gal
Potassium Nitrate 0.6g / gal
Monopotassium Phosphate 0.5g / gal
Potassium Sulfate 0.2g / gal

SHINE

(0 - 3 - 5)

N: 0
P: 30
K: 50
Ca: 0
Mg: 5
S: 11

Monopotassium Phosphate 0.5g / gal
Magnesium Sulfate 0.2g / gal
Potassium Sulfate 0.1g / gal

*All ingredients run me about $200 per 10,000 gallons of mix.

Last edited:
Savage Henry

Savage Henry

That's awesome, 2g calnit will for sure do the trick. Mixing your own micros is impressive work, I just use the jacks m.o.s.t. when I need micros to supplement the jacks formula, you must have a triple beam.

Are you using the ferti-nitro brand amino and humic?

You go through Custom hydro nutrients?

Top Bottom