I Accidentally Grew Purple Bud!!!

• Thread starter StandingRock
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
StandingRock

StandingRock

Im pretty excited here, just harvested today and my leaves are 100% purple. My buds are about 50% to 75% purple. They look amazing. I know I did this totally by accident and Im trying to figure out how. Im growing Nirvanas AK48, which isn't particularly known for changing colors. I started my run with 81* day/81* night during the first three weeks of stretch then lowered night temps to 71*. I accidentally started flushing too early(ended up flushing for a month) and the buds faded but only purpled a little bit. I then bought a different kind of light and started my next grow the table over. It forced me to lower room temps to 73*day/63* night and then the purple really took off. Can anyone give me advice on doing this again and what triggered the purple? If I did temps at 81*day and 61* night right after stretch is over will that give me some purple again? Thanks guys!

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Even if it is genetic your buds can change in winter and summer grows... temp lowers electric conductivity of roots and locks phos. .. the deficiency of phos brings out anthocyanins... your purple bud. Now in summer if you have a purple plant.. it might not change color in the warm air.. the weed is still good and the plant usually has the same smell.

P

PharmHand

I've seen PK types pushed really far to the point they're almost black and when they're that purple they didn't burn nearly as cleanly as when they were picked greener. Almost like certain compounds aren't as flammable. I've gotten sativas that have no business going purple to get purple/ pink hues. If you can get them to pale first through low ec and flushing then blast em with cold air ( aim your ac ducting right at them) and a few cold waterings almost anything can go slightly purple. I think that scenario is more likely a phosphorus deficient expression vs genetic. Just my guess I'm no expert

Irish063

Irish063

Nice. I have 5 of these that are about 3 weeks old from seed. Hopefully, I'll have a pheno similar to yours @StandingRock.

907debow1234

907debow1234

Here is my purple next to another strain... great contrast..I'd say that change might be from cold temps.... I received mine from a friend with no name or title so to make sure it's not a one time fluke.. clone an bud, clone an bud.. by 2nd. Or 3rd, you'll know for sure... best of luck

20170206 110915
jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

i just cut down a GG auto from fastseeds or fast buds whatever the company name was, and it had turned purple during flower but im sure that was because it was in my garage and it got cold as shit this winter lol

Top Bottom