I am Melvan

• Thread starter Melvan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Melvan

Melvan

You're just using some bad technique. Here's what you do.

1) Put the rapid rooters in the seedling trays, then set them down in a bowl of water until they are wet, pulling water up through the drainage holes in the bottom of the trays. Lift them out when soaked.

2) Make sure the cutting is green and fleshy, the best ones are along the bottom. Use scissors to take the cutting.

3) Using your razor blade gently scrape just the outer layer of "skin" from the bottom 2" of what should be at least a 6" cut, removing any leaves, etc.

4) Re-cut the bottom to a 45 degree angle using razor blade

5) Immediately dip the scraped 2" into the cloning gel, I use Clonex.

6) Immediately put cutting in the Rapid Rooter, be sure not to push stem all the way to bottom.

7) Once a day after that soak the tray for 2 minutes in a bowl of water, water only needs to reach mid way up the tray, but any other time don't have any water near them, just let them sit. Have them sit under 24hr light. Mine are under 2 40w T12s or a 4 bulb T5, depending on what's in the nursery at the time.

8) Once you see a healthy amount of root peeping through, then transplant into your Pro-Mix, or whatever you use, and get to vegging her.

Good luck

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Nice variety Melvan>>>welcome to the site and thanks for sharing

:passingjoint:

gtd

Melvan

Melvan

You have to send me your chemical composition so I can replicate you Gandalf. U R just the sweetest! (You know I'm a girl right? It's ok for me to call you sweet)

Melvan

Melvan

Northern Light/White Widow Cross Pics

Here's a few pics of my friend's Northern Light #5/White Widow crossing. I've mentioned before how she has VERY low weight. Under the 400hps I can get about 1/2 oz, under a 1000hps I've seen her give 2, so it's just her genetic.

But her smoke is so worth the space in the room. When you're a daily toker for decades its hard to find something that gets the job done in 3 hits, and this one does that for me. She's such a special treat she's only smoked on special occasions, like Tuesdays!

She has this amazing fruity, tropical smell. You can't believe so much is coming off such a scrawny plant. When you get down to the bud you see why. It looks like someone has taken a paint brush and painted the sugar all over her, and she still has 10-12 days to go, today is day 57. Her leaves are starting to die off, they're usually all gone along the colas before she's ready to go.

If she's kept centered under the light from day one you can add bulk to the buds, but this go around I had those high-producing Skunk OG18s that I wanted to max out, so they got prime real estate this run. We all have that "sweet spot" in our room right?

Enjoy.

001 3
006 3
015 6
029 4
031 5
G

Gandalf

Sorry, but the last picture is one of the most inefficient plants I have seen.

Why do people bother fimming when they do not bend the two colas?
The lower part of the plant is eons further down from the light source.
For max yield, when fimming/topping always bend into "Y" shape and after about one weeks into "T" shape.

Imagine that last plant, with a solid "T" shaped colas at an equal distance from the light as the rest of the downward nodes..
*Tip your friend to watch over my 'Super-Cali Haze' - I did just that.

Melvan

Melvan

She hasn't been fimmed. This is just her crazy structure. 2 colas always do that, no matter what you do to her. I've attached another pic of the plant from the last run, it's the same deal. I bet I've grown her 10 or more times and it's always the same.

I'm telling you, she's just got a fucked up structure. She's an absolutely horrible grower, the worst ever. Outdoors she's magnificent, you'd never recognize her, she just hates being inside. You should see the fight to get her to veg. She creeps along, and really doesn't put on a lot during 12/12. You sneeze on her and she has nute issues, she's the first to react to temp or humidity changes, it's a struggle just to get her to the harvest.

But the smoke, dude, the smoke! I just can't explain it. There's a lot more seed available of this cross, my friend sprouts some for his outdoor grow every year for the last 4 years, and most of the phenos have great structure and are a good smoke, but they just aren't as good as this one.

007 4
leadsled

leadsled

GrowRU
Girls are looking good. The NL/WW cross sounds effective. :)

Melvan

Melvan

Sugary and Sticky

a sticky sugar nugget of Skunk OG18 heading to the bowl. I just love how the crystals put off rainbows, so pretty. God! I am such a girl.

S

sfzoo

Dropping in to say how frosty those nugs look. well done thus far.

i'll be lurking around if you don't mind.

Melvan

Melvan

Lurk all you like, but pipe up too! (Or bong up, spliff up, whatever!)

Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
That's a lovely nug shot! Looks delicious Melvin... :mmm

Melvan

Melvan

Trim Pics

Spent a few hours trimming, still have some more hanging in the dry room that I'll get to tomorrow.

I trimmed an ounce of "baggable" bud from the Hog pheno 3 (that's the buds on the white paper) and close to an ounce and a half of smaller buds. I finished off the Skunk OG18s to the tune of 2.3 ounces, taking the total on those 2 plants to 5.3. On what I've trimmed of 4 plants so far I'm at 7.8 oz, with 2 plants still in the flower room and whatever is left in the dry room.

I don't normally track weight, but I want to see what kind of increase I get when I switch to the 600.

Bud on the scale is Hog.

I've got a nice box of trim for butter. I'm just about out.

Also, in the nursery today, I gave the rooted clones on the top shelf 1/2 tsp of Earth Juice Grow per gallon. Their last feeding was on 1/13/11 and they had only water.

011 6
019 4
020 4
greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Are you sure your a girl>>that 4th pic looks straight like man fingers<<

gtd

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
same with the pic from the previous page - even a dudes wedding band on the ole ring finger there

Melvan

Melvan

Duuuh, maybe that's because those aren't my fingers. I am a tall, healthy, raven haired goddess that you both would be lucky to know, even luckier to see.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
gosh>>sorry melvan you dont have to be so mean:giggle

gtd

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Duuuh, maybe that's because those aren't my fingers. I am a tall, healthy, raven haired goddess that you both would be lucky to know, even luckier to see.

luckier to see then know eh?

this is the internet and people tend to pretend they are something they are not

ie: ledgirl (not a comparison - just an example for reference)

so you cant blame a couple of dudes who see somebody with a guys name (Melvan) and pix of them holding buds (presumably) for being skeptical

Im just glad you didnt ssy those were YOUR hands lol

Top Bottom