I am new here. Looking for white color led.

• Thread starter 420baby
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
420baby

420baby

Thanks,by the way I am not a man:)What I meant Is that you can look in other, cheaper options,not only "grow"lights.At least for veg you can use almost everything:)I am not a pro but if I had greenhouse i would use few floodlights in there for longer sativas in the autumn:)There is even 500 and 1000 true watts with one or many small diodes......I prefer 3000k-6400k,not the purple leds and i'm looking into industrial and other lighting as well...…..
Lol, i believe i will not try industrial light for my baby. Anyway, thanks for your ideas. ;)

FTCG

FTCG

go and buy a prepaid visa gift card and pay that way. maybe even make a whole new paypal or whatever to pay for it using that card and only that card.
They (Alibaba) will neve accept a credit card or paypal in my experiences.

Always a risk using Western Union etc...

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

DHL shipping, minimum order amounts and bank transfer-only payments are always the deal-killers on Alibaba. That and the widespread, blatant misrepresentation of the products sold there. I've found items on Alibaba that were nothing but pictures of competitors' items, with sales reps using them to fish for orders. "If you buy it, we'll build something like it and send it to you." Uh huh.

If you are only looking for a few items, it rarely makes sense going the Alibaba route. Now, if you are US-based, expect to pay Trump 25% extra as well. All for an item you'll never return due to the shipping costs, even if they offer returns. Don't spend any money there you don't expect to lose, and you won't be disappointed.

420baby

420baby

I found this light on youtube. It looks great. Anyone had any experience with it? :)

Reactions: Ina
FTCG

FTCG

I can see 4 of these in a 5'x5'. Would be around 1000w's of led. That does't seen to bad. I'm not sure you can go wrong with 1000w's of led, especially with the white spectrum. Very tempting for a tent grower.

420baby

420baby

I can see 4 of these in a 5'x5'. Would be around 1000w's of led. That does't seen to bad. I'm not sure you can go wrong with 1000w's of led, especially with the white spectrum. Very tempting for a tent grower.
wow, that is super powerful. 1000W will spend me a lot of money on power bill. That's bad. Maybe i just want half power.
Will two pcs be enough for a 4x4tent?

FTCG

FTCG

Yes, 500w's will do the trick. 4 nice size plants, 2 under each led.

With 3 lights, I'd opt for 3 rows of 3 plants.

Main colas under the light sources.

You may have to lower the lights a bit if you are only using 2.

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

I found this light on youtube. It looks great. Anyone had any experience with it? :)

Mars is getting better but still using cheap inefficient drivers and diodes (Epistar). And still over-stating output/wattage (232w at the wall, which with their crappy drivers probably means 200w actual LED wattage) and much lower PAR/watt than a light with Samsung diodes. You can do better for your money elsewhere.

420baby

420baby

Yes, 500w's will do the trick. 4 nice size plants, 2 under each led.

With 3 lights, I'd opt for 3 rows of 3 plants.

Main colas under the light sources.

You may have to lower the lights a bit if you are only using 2.

Thanks, man. Sounds great.

420baby

420baby

Mars is getting better but still using cheap inefficient drivers and diodes (Epistar). And still over-stating output/wattage (232w at the wall, which with their crappy drivers probably means 200w actual LED wattage) and much lower PAR/watt than a light with Samsung diodes. You can do better for your money elsewhere.
Okay it seems that their SP250 use meanwell driver did you have a chance to use this light?

Baudelaire

Baudelaire

Okay it seems that their SP250 use meanwell driver did you have a chance to use this light?

That's good for the driver, but the Epistar LEDs are still sub-par. I would not buy a Mars light based on their history of overpromising and underdelivering.

420baby

420baby

That's good for the driver, but the Epistar LEDs are still sub-par. I would not buy a Mars light based on their history of overpromising and underdelivering.
Okay, i will take extra time to check. Thanks anyway.

420baby

420baby

This light looks great. anyone has experience with it? How many bucks?

Reactions: Ina
420baby

420baby

This light looks great. anyone has experience with it? How many bucks?

Another question: Can it cover 4x4 or 5x5tent? ;)

My decision: 2xMars SP250 or HLG550? Finally i aimed at these two lights. I believe i will buy one of them.

420baby

420baby

Just a quick update. For the price point and easy installation, i bought two SP250 on MarsHydro website.
Thank for all your guys suggestions, i really appreciate it. God bless you guys. :cool:

GrnMtnGrowR

GrnMtnGrowR

420baby, did you mention anywhere what size grow you are trying to do? Are you in a tent, if so what size? I have been trying out a Matristar SMART S1 led with an actual wattage of 150 and the results look good for a 2.5 x 2.5' area. SMART S1 LED

BBOG30days
BlkBerryOG37days
S1 Temp F

Latest posts

Top Bottom