I am thankful VA finally saw the light

• Thread starter SkylineKeith
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Flip lights to 12/12 cycle before they get to big. Top and scrog (net), tie down branches to make plant wide instead of tall, among other ways.
Thanks, topped a little while ago flipped to 12/12 three days ago and started to show small hairs I think I have my light too strong at 100 percent per instructions for the plants as they look washed out. Had a humidity problem last week so I got the mini dehumidifier for the tent. Programmed (properly) the ac infinity fan system and cured some of the issues. I went through after this picture and clipped the worst of the yellow leaves. They look pretty good though.

AEDEC7A2 70E3 4999 B4D7 B2F95849BECB
Panhead59

Panhead59

Download lux app onto phone. It's a meter to gauge strength of light. You then open app and hold phone over top of plants. It'll give you strength of light. In flower, I think you want approx. 60k. I'm not home so i don't know exact figure off hand. I'll get correct figure in a couple hrs. If someone doesn't beat me to it

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Download lux app onto phone. It's a meter to gauge strength of light. You then open app and hold phone over top of plants. It'll give you strength of light. In flower, I think you want approx. 60k. I'm not home so i don't know exact figure off hand. I'll get correct figure in a couple hrs. If someone doesn't beat me to it
Thanks Panhead59, that's a big help.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Ok here's some figures. Light strength measured in "Lux". Clones- under 5K. Seedlings/rooted clones-5-10K. Veg stage-15-40K. (18/6) Flower-45-65K. (12/12) Always start at lower end of scale and work up 3-5k every few days based on plant responce.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Humidity guide. Clones 70% Vegetative 40-60 % Flowering 40-50 % Final wks. Of flower 40-45 %

Panhead59

Panhead59

By the way, I'm in SW Va. I've got a brother up by you in Bluemont. Nice looking plants. If they are on concrete, you may want to raise them up. Cold and restricting air flow. So set your light height (i use 20-24") and then use adjustment to set lux. They are gonna really grow for the next couple, 3, weeks. Keep raising light and upping the strength (lux). About 3 wks. Into flower, they are gonna tell you a lot about your efforts so far. Notice and learn what they need or don't want. I am a rookie also, but many good people here will help you. Good luck. Imo this is the exciting part of the grow coming up !!!!

Panhead59

Panhead59

Cool. They are starting to flower. They will stretch soon. As much as twice the size. Keep the light at recommended distance and slowly up the lux. In a couple weeks the light will have been raised to top of tent. Hopefully you'll still have room between plants and light. Slowly transition to flower nutes. Drop rh a tad to 40-50 %. I'm only on my second grow so you may want to verify what i posted. Plants look good. 3rd week of flower or so and they will show any deficiencies. Good luck.

BDH420

BDH420

Nice Job. I love the Lovin in her eyes account on IG. Good choice. You look like your doing a really good job. I'm excited to see how these turn out for you. I have been thinking of ordering some cultivars from her.

FuriousStyles

FuriousStyles

Welcome to the farm!
Couple of things to consider.
How long have the plants been in the soil they are in? 3-4 weeks?
It looks like the plants are starting to show N or P deficiency.
In the pics the plants are beginning to yellow mid way and down.
Since you are barely in flower my guess would be N but if that has already been addressed, then it is P.
I would go ahead and top the left front plant again, removing those top two branches.
Look how even the canopy would be on the plant itself and its sisters.
Trellis nets are to make an even canopy, right?
That would also answer the height problems you are going to have soon.
Better to lose it now before you get too attached to it.
Lastly, try dimming the lights some. They are brand new right?
Could be 60% power is the sweet spot in your tent, especially with the height restrictions.
Seems like the leaves are wanting to stand up straight and tall but the light is beating them down.
The leaf steams are pointing up, but the leaf itself is pointing down.
Good luck and enjoy the ride!

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Welcome to the farm!
Couple of things to consider.
How long have the plants been in the soil they are in? 3-4 weeks? (more like 5 or 6 weeks)
It looks like the plants are starting to show N or P deficiency. (good eye, I'll address that tomorrow I thought it was cal mag issue)
In the pics the plants are beginning to yellow mid way and down.
Since you are barely in flower my guess would be N but if that has already been addressed, then it is P.
I would go ahead and top the left front plant again, removing those top two branches.
Look how even the canopy would be on the plant itself and its sisters.
Trellis nets are to make an even canopy, right?
That would also answer the height problems you are going to have soon.
Better to lose it now before you get too attached to it.
Lastly, try dimming the lights some. They are brand new right? (yes brand new. I thought that in bloom they needed to be on 100%)
Could be 60% power is the sweet spot in your tent, especially with the height restrictions. (I'm going to mount the light to the bar tomorrow and gain about 8-10 in)
Seems like the leaves are wanting to stand up straight and tall but the light is beating them down.
The leaf steams are pointing up, but the leaf itself is pointing down.
Good luck and enjoy the ride!

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Nice Job. I love the Lovin in her eyes account on IG. Good choice. You look like your doing a really good job. I'm excited to see how these turn out for you. I have been thinking of ordering some cultivars from her.
I love the color of the peach maraschino all purply at harvest time. We shall see. I've learned a lot this grow.

SkylineKeith

SkylineKeith

Cool. They are starting to flower. They will stretch soon. As much as twice the size. Keep the light at recommended distance and slowly up the lux. In a couple weeks the light will have been raised to top of tent. Hopefully you'll still have room between plants and light. Slowly transition to flower nutes. Drop rh a tad to 40-50 %. I'm only on my second grow so you may want to verify what i posted. Plants look good. 3rd week of flower or so and they will show any deficiencies. Good luck.
Yeah, I've been working on the rh. took the mini dehumidifier out of the tent because it has a light and got a large one for the space. Now to moderate between too much or too little.

Panhead59

Panhead59

Yeah, I've been working on the rh. took the mini dehumidifier out of the tent because it has a light and got a large one for the space. Now to moderate between too much or too little.
Typically the dehumidifier goes outside the tent. It causes to much trouble with temps. If Inside tent. Yeah, i got a 32 pint one, works good.

Top Bottom