i changed from 250w mh to mars hydro tsl 2000 and i have problems

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

hello guys,i changed from 250w mh to mars hydro tsl 2000 and i have problem with my plants,i have 3 plannts and 2 of them started yellowing,some nut deficiency signs and leaves are very droopy,what to do? i flushed one plant to check if it is the problem but nothing changed... they were thriving without any yellowing or nnut problems before i switched my light...

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m no expert but I believe the led forces the plant to work a little different, plenty of farmers who can explain it here , but if gonna need some full plant pics
LED has a learning curve for sure, how big it space how close ur light? What ya grapwin in? What ya feedin? And the list goes on ph in ? Ph/ppm out?
More info and more pics you will get more help

Lordly

Lordly

4x2x6,im controling ph and ppm and both are ok,everything started when i changed metal halide light to tsl2000,it is a much better light but plants reacted to it differently,one plant is totally healthy and other 2 have problem... before switch all of them were healthy and happy... ill take pictures later,i cant do it right now

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Which is a better light source we can debate in another Forum sometime perhaps, however if I were you I'd put the 250 halide back, to see if that stops the issue before I start changing anything else, and you might want to do a slurry test just to be safe, and make sure to post your results if you have any questions, good luck!

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Which is a better light source we can debate in another Forum sometime perhaps, however if I were you I'd put the 250 halide back, to see if that stops the issue before I start changing anything else, and you might want to do a slurry test just to be safe, and make sure to post your results if you have any questions, good luck!

^^^^This

What you're describing sounds light you may have the LED too close at the moment. What height? Pics?

Cheers

Lordly

Lordly

led hanging height is 60cm,i cant take pics right now but ill do later,i already sold mh setup so i cant hang it back,now even third plant started yellowing and drooping... i sprayed leaves yesterday at night with calimagic water,but deficiency didnt stop,im 99% sure problem is that i changed the light,i just want to know what i have to do? temps were much hotter with metal halide,ts2000 is much cooler and has much higher light intensity. temp was like 27-30c when i used mh,now with tsl2000 its about 22-24c

Last edited:
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

led hanging height is 60cm,i cant take pics right now but ill do later,i already sold mh setup so i cant hang it back,now even third plant started yellowing and drooping... i sprayed leaves yesterday at night with calimagic water,but deficiency didnt stop,im 99% sure problem is that i changed the light,i just want to know what i have to do?
Take a slurry test so we can rule out an issue in the root zone, post both results (pH & ppm)

Moshmen

Moshmen

Led is just different period, tip though if your a foliage feeder be careful those leds are intense and will burn your plants from water droplets if you are not careful imo

revfunk

revfunk

Supporter
Before you continue throwing random fixes/sprays you really need a comprehensive view of the current state it's in. Ph.....EC......PPM.....soil/hydro? All questions we need answers too in order to help.

Cheers!

Lordly

Lordly

one plant is in coco/perlite,2 other plants are in soil/perlite, runoff ph is 6.7 (plants in soil),i dont have ppm meter but i was doing extra runoff every second watering,so i think ppm shouldnt be a problem,i flushed one plant which is in coco/perlite yesterday with phed water+flora kleen,the plant in coco has much more deficiency on leaves than other 2 in soil.

Moshmen

Moshmen

one plant is in coco/perlite,2 other plants are in soil/perlite, runoff ph is 6.7 (plants in soil),i dont have ppm meter but i was doing extra runoff every second watering,so i think ppm shouldnt be a problem,i flushed one plant which is in coco/perlite yesterday with phed water+flora kleen,the plant in coco has much more deficiency on leaves than other 2 in soil.
Coco is completely different than soil so things are starting to make sense , with out the ppm meter , don’t assume ! Easy to get salt build up and loc out , did you wash the coco before use ? What soil ya got?
The light may have triggered your problem but I suspect it’s a deeper issue?
What’s the feed schedule for your coco plant?

Lordly

Lordly

Coco is completely different than soil so things are starting to make sense , with out the ppm meter , don’t assume ! Easy to get salt build up and loc out , did you wash the coco before use ? What soil ya got?
The light may have triggered your problem but I suspect it’s a deeper issue?
What’s the feed schedule for your coco plant?
i used flora trio+diamond nectar's schedule at full power,after i changed my light everything started getting worse and worse,i stopped using any nutes and used only dechlorinated tap water,yesterday i flushed plant which is in coco,im waiting for results. i didnt flush other 2 plants which are in soil. i didnt wash coco,they said it is already washed,and my soil is from local store with organic fertilizer

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i used flora trio+diamond nectar's schedule at full power,after i changed my light everything started getting worse and worse,i stopped using any nutes and used only dechlorinated tap water,yesterday i flushed plant which is in coco,im waiting for results. i didnt flush other 2 plants which are in soil. i didnt wash coco,they said it is already washed,and my soil is from local store with organic fertilizer
Flora Trio by itself at full strength is strong, haven't used it in a few years but I believe it's around 1,000 - 1100 PPM before your tap water's added in

& I'm not sure how much more ppm you're adding to it with the second product but I think it's going to be a very high ppm !!

I agree with @Moshman I would get a ppm meter

Whereas you've got two different mediums involved, both showing the same issue to some extent it's difficult without knowing more information, but pictures might help?

Last edited:
Lordly

Lordly

Flora Trio by itself at full strength is strong, haven't used it in a few years but I believe it's around 1,000 - 1100 PPM before your tap water's added in

& I'm not sure how much more ppm you're adding to it with the second product but I think it's going to be a very high ppm !!

I agree with @Moshman I would get a ppm meter

Whereas you've got two different mediums involved, both showing the same issue to some extent it's difficult without knowing more information, but pictures might help?
so if ppm is a problem,the only way is to flush medium,right? and how long i have to wait before i see any changes after flush? because i flashed one plant already

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

so if ppm is a problem,the only way is to flush medium,right? and how long i have to wait before i see any changes after flush? because i flashed one plant already
Well I don't know if it's a problem? But I strongly recommend as Mr Mosh said getting a PPM meter and checking it out because I used GH Flora for several years and the ppm numbers I've quoted you are about right, good luck!

Moshmen

Moshmen

We don’t know if ppm is a problem ? You have no way to check it? Assuming you “flushed” it out just doesn’t work sorry been there tried that.
Let’s say your run off was 7.3 ph and 1400 ppm that’s an issue but you could also have
7.3 with 200 ppm
5.2 with 1400 ppm
Ect ... so without all the info you are just guessing at best, play the lottery prolly better odds

Moshmen

Moshmen

Well I don't know if it's a problem? But I strongly recommend as Mr Mosh said getting a PPM meter and checking it out because I used GH Flora for several years and the ppm numbers I've quoted you are about right, good luck!

Lol just typin same ! Mornin beach man

Lordly

Lordly

We don’t know if ppm is a problem ? You have no way to check it? Assuming you “flushed” it out just doesn’t work sorry been there tried that.
Let’s say your run off was 7.3 ph and 1400 ppm that’s an issue but you could also have
7.3 with 200 ppm
5.2 with 1400 ppm
Ect ... so without all the info you are just guessing at best, play the lottery prolly better odds
okay i ordered DTS meter,it is the same as ppm meter right? it will be delivered on monday,hope plants wont die in 2 days... 😂💚 i could get it by myself, but in my country, before 27 april, we dont have permission to use cars,so i just have to wait.

Latest posts

Top Bottom