i changed from 250w mh to mars hydro tsl 2000 and i have problems

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

from my limited experience, it’ll be quick. Same day.

lol thanks. First grow, trying to document so I can reference back.
okay,lets see what happens tomorrow or after tomorrow,as you say it should be enough,if not,i have another problem with it i guess?

Lordly

Lordly

guys,should i hang my light higher than suggested to let plants recover or closer than suggested? tsl 2000,looks like nothing changed,they are still droopy,i watered one plant 5-6 hours ago with 0.5ml water,now he has more yellow leaves and more droopy,i think they arent drinking any water,wtf is going on,my whole grow is dying

Lordly

Lordly

good news guys,one plant is fully recovered and thriving,two others are still droopy but not like yesterday,so i think they'll recover tomorrow,or after tomorrow. when should i feed them again with flora trio?

tamyam420

tamyam420

fuck mars hydro they are trash company with horrible customer service. I attempted to order from them and havent had a reply in over 4 days.
With the amount of reviews they get i would expect better service from them.
This is by far the worst chinese company i have dealt with.

WankirA

WankirA

sorry for the lol @tamyam420 , not at: but Mars appear to be fukcing up royally at the moment with their service specifically...
A certain part of their business is very VERY shoddy.

WankirA

WankirA

Inwouod feed as you normally would @Lordly , now you should have your environment set, lights are at an approximate distance and your vpd back in range, you should be good to go..!?!

Lordly

Lordly

fuck mars hydro they are trash company with horrible customer service. I attempted to order from them and havent had a reply in over 4 days.
With the amount of reviews they get i would expect better service from them.
This is by far the worst chinese company i have dealt with.
sorry for the lol @tamyam420 , not at: but Mars appear to be fukcing up royally at the moment with their service specifically...
A certain part of their business is very VERY shoddy.
i had no problems,i bought it from my local store(official reseller),so i dont have to contact mars hydro directly,they delivered it to me next morning

Lordly

Lordly

Inwouod feed as you normally would @Lordly , now you should have your environment set, lights are at an approximate distance and your vpd back in range, you should be good to go..!?!
i will feed the one is healthy and thriving,other two still droopy,ill feed them tomorrow i think,i dont want to stress them again

Moshmen

Moshmen

Are you letting the soil dry out a bit?
I’m asking cuz I would assume, that the soil is drinking every 3-4 days ? And coco needs water everyday some 2-3 times a day ?

Underwatering/overwatering can cause the wilted drippy leaves , just a though/question

Lordly

Lordly

Are you letting the soil dry out a bit?
I’m asking cuz I would assume, that the soil is drinking every 3-4 days ? And coco needs water everyday some 2-3 times a day ?

Underwatering/overwatering can cause the wilted drippy leaves , just a though/question
yes,im watering when top inch is dry,one plant completely came back,second one is also coming back,the plant in coco has still droopy leaves and all yellow,hope she will be back too. btw how long is recovery time from that? im running only one clip fan inside 4x2x6 closet,should i add one more?

Lordly

Lordly

How often ya feedin/watering the coco ? At least everyday?
depends on temps,like 2 weeks ago was a bit cold here,20celcius in closet or so,so i watered every third day,now its 26,so i have to water daily. what about clip fans?

Moshmen

Moshmen

I’m not a coco grower but I think that’s way to long, from what I understand coco should not dry and needs to be watered daily at minimum, it’s possible your coco plant isn’t receiving what it needs

Lordly

Lordly

I’m not a coco grower but I think that’s way to long, from what I understand coco should not dry and needs to be watered daily at minimum, it’s possible your coco plant isn’t receiving what it needs
Vpd fixed correct?
yes vpd fixed everything,both plants in soil are ok now,coco plant is also coming back i guess,ill feed them with flora trio tomorrow and post back the results.
im watering coco everyday now because temps are higher right now,but when it was 20celsius,even top inch wasnt dry,so i didnt water it daily.

jibs

jibs

hello guys,i changed from 250w mh to mars hydro tsl 2000 and i have problem with my plants,i have 3 plannts and 2 of them started yellowing,some nut deficiency signs and leaves are very droopy,what to do? i flushed one plant to check if it is the problem but nothing changed... they were thriving without any yellowing or nnut problems before i switched my light...
How close do you have the light ?

jibs

jibs

This is easy. Your rate of transpiration changed with the new light. LEDs put off less ambient and infrared heat thus lowering your leaf and ambient temps. This causes the plant to transpire less and therefore the nutrients remain locked in the growing medium inaccessible to the plants roots.

This is a common issue when switching over and takes some adjustment to get right. It’s easy to over compensate and create a situation where the environment becomes too dry and you’ll see a wild swing from not enough nutrients to nute burn.

This is where a VPD monitor comes in handy. You may notice that you’ll need more humidity for the plants to be happy otherwise you’ll need to cut back feeding in order to compensate. The easiest thing to do is to get the right humidity for the plant to be comfortable and not make other unnecessary adjustments to compensate.

It really comes down to providing them an ideal environment and since your source of light changed the environment changed drastically as well. With LEDs you want higher ambient room temp which raises the leaf surface temp and higher humidity which will keep transpiration in check. Once these are fixed you’ll notice that your plants will grow as expected again.

I run at 80-85 degrees ambient with about 60% humidity. This puts my VPD in the 1.4-1.6 range in flowering. In veg I like a lower VPD which requires either lowering the ambient temp or raising the relative humidity. In veg I shoot for 1.1-1.4 kpd.

View attachment 965862View attachment 965863View attachment 965864
Wow great work! what light are you flowering with ??

Top Bottom