i changed from 250w mh to mars hydro tsl 2000 and i have problems

• Thread starter Lordly
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lordly

Lordly

Wow great work! what light are you flowering with ??
How close do you have the light ?
im in veg atm,i will use same light (tsl 2000) in flowering,distance from the light to top of the plants is 20 inch,they reacted to it very positive,now even third plant (coco medium) is coming back,im happy to see them growing and thriving again 😊

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

yes,im watering when top inch is dry,one plant completely came back,second one is also coming back,the plant in coco
There's your problem right there! Overwatering! You water when the entire *medium is dry, not the top inch that's a beginners mistake that's fairly frequent. It's called a 'wet/dry' cycle. Asked you for a picture 4 four pages ago, would have been simple to tell you from a picture
(* soil, not coco)

Lordly

Lordly

There's your problem right there! Overwatering! You water when the entire *medium is dry, not the top inch that's a beginners mistake that's fairly frequent. It's called a 'wet/dry' cycle. Asked you for a picture 4 four pages ago, would have been simple to tell you from a picture
(* soil, not coco)
i fixed my problem,which was VPD. i dont have any problem with watering and i was talking about coco,thanks anyway 😊

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

i fixed my problem,which was VPD. i dont have any problem with watering and i was talking about coco,thanks anyway 😊
I added an asterik about *Coco; good luck thinking VPD is your issue, hope it is but haven't seen it actually being the issue very often.

WankirA

WankirA

I don't do VPD (my grow dynamics simply don't allow as I have open space) but I'm highly doubtful that 'a deficient vpd' was the actual issue @Lordly , suspect @Beachwalker is nearer the money on this one.
Just saying.

Lordly

Lordly

I don't do VPD (my grow dynamics simply don't allow as I have open space) but I'm highly doubtful that 'a deficient vpd' was the actual issue @Lordly , suspect @Beachwalker is nearer the money on this one.
Just saying.
there is no doubt,problem was VPD 💚

Lordly

Lordly

Vpd is only part of the problem good luck , I would suspect your soil is overwatered and coco underwatered
everything is okay atm,so there is no over/underwater problems,thanks for advise 💚

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
you don't have troubles with a RH of 60% durning flower? i've always done it opposite. higher RH for veg and lower RH for flower. am i missing something or is that 60% based off of a VPD calculation ? i had suggested it was temp related between the air temp and leaf temps .

No not at all. I don’t much above 60% but it’s needed to keep the VPD within the optimal range. If it gets too dry the growing medium dries out too quickly and you have to adjust for the increased transpiration which means less feeding. You absolutely can grow in drier air however the plants pores (stomata) close off to preserve moisture and this causes a lowering of the air exchange. Which means if you’re feeding them co2 they aren’t able to absorb it as efficiently. On the flip side they aren’t able to expel oxygen as easily so it would be similar to breathing through a mask. While it’s possible you’d never run or compete with a mask on that inhibits your air intake and exhaust.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
now i have humidity - 60% and temp 23-24celsius,i will wait how they react,i wont flush other 2 plants,so lets see what happens... any idea how long i have to wait to see any results?

Air temp is still too low. Shoot for 26-27c while maintaining 60% RH. Keep in mind as you raise the temp you’ll need more moisture to stay at 60%.

You should see improvements within a week or so if all other factors are spot on.

I find under LEDs the plants like a bit more magnesium than when under HID. A tsp of Epsom salts every other watering can help address this issue. You’ll know when the stems turn purple and growth slows down and you see the rust spots on the leaves that indicate a mag def. If you’re already using calmag then this might not be an issue. Just figured I’d toss that in there in case the plants take off and then the stems start purpling up. It’s the typical progression of the LED learning curve.

Lordly

Lordly

Air temp is still too low. Shoot for 26-27c while maintaining 60% RH. Keep in mind as you raise the temp you’ll need more moisture to stay at 60%.

You should see improvements within a week or so if all other factors are spot on.

I find under LEDs the plants like a bit more magnesium than when under HID. A tsp of Epsom salts every other watering can help address this issue. You’ll know when the stems turn purple and growth slows down and you see the rust spots on the leaves that indicate a mag def. If you’re already using calmag then this might not be an issue. Just figured I’d toss that in there in case the plants take off and then the stems start purpling up. It’s the typical progression of the LED learning curve.
everything is going better every day,24-26c and 57-60% rh,i already fed them with calmag+flora trio,i bought also armor si,diamond nectar and ppm meter,im focusing on 500-600ppm and 6.2-6.3 ph,so i have to use like 1/3 of nutrients dosage(for ppm). i think i just have to wait,i also removed damaged leaves.

Top Bottom