I Could Use Some Growers To Chat With.

• Thread starter skillzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skillzd

skillzd

Hey guys. I could really use some people to chat with THAT ARE RESOECTFUL AND DONT JUDGE I'm the type of dude that if I have an issue or don't understand you. I'll message you and ask or confront the person. So I ask the same. Before you make assumptions. Message me and ask me KNOW. I have grown for a few years. Yes I'm younger but I grew up and surrounding myself around old timers that showed me all their tricks and shared all their wisdom in life. So I am way more mature than others. I just have my own issues. Lol. I'm a kool funny dude. Don't take me too seriously. But when I'm serious you need to take me seriously. Lol. I stopped growing for a few years cause I moved around and struggled but I'm now almost done with my first grow It's been 3-4years since I grew before and I grew then for about 8yrs. I'm a country boy and when I started smoking pot I started growing too. I screwed up a lot. I reached out to a few old timers and they got me started and WOW. I was hooked. I loved growing. I got REALLY GOOD. But I am very impatient as well. I was working on two thing then. Speeding up veg state. And speeding up budding flowering stage for inpatient growers like me. I had gotten some kool tricks from people but you can't use them all either. Ok. So for my first grow this year. Ya now what. This is already long. Let me put it in a comment

skillzd

skillzd

Ok. So first grow this year. I'm a bit lost on memory but here t goes. I had 4 plants make it. All feminized seed. I transplanted them and mixed them up so I had no clue which strain was which. You would think no big deal. But that hurts your yield a ton cus each strain has different genetics that can be fed differently. So anyway. My BIG HUGE ISSUE WAS. I had ONE. AUTO STRAIN PLANT. ALL WERE FEMINIZED tho. But only one auto that your not supposed to trim or anything. My first time trying an auto. So since j mixed it in with other Ohot plants. NONE of my plants got trimmed or topped so my plants aren't going to yield near as much. But damn I got some nice growing plants tho. And one of them ended up being a TRIFOLIATE which was also My first time ever seeing one Let alone growing one. and was also told not to trim or top it either. But she's a beauty and I don't want to anyways. I'm trying to clone her into more Tri leaf/branch plants. Thick lushious plants with 1/3 more bud sites. Can't be a bad thing. Lol. Anyways. I use 24/7 lighting and one started flowering. MY AUTO YAY!!! So I imediately Topped the only plant I could. I had two left to do whatever I wanted with. One I topped and the other was in a Bubble tank Hydro set up. I made t from a fish tank for one reason. So I can make a
Mini SCROG plant. So that's what that plant is doing because it actually got knocked over and the stem bent. So once I seen it didn't phase her. I let her bent over laying down so all her new growth is growing straight up and making like 8 Colas from just the one plant. With out cutting or topping it. I figured why not let it do its thing and then once they get tall enough I will put the whol stem at the top of the water so it can start roots too. And I should end up with a large yield for one plant. Let me know what ya all think about that. My auto now is doing good but the top bud "cola" all the hairs died on it. I always grew with CFLs and LED combo. But I added a halogen accidentally (friend gave me a homeade grow light and said it was HPS. I tore t apart to get the bulb and so it would fit in my small area and j think it's just a 500w halogen bulb). It had a dimmer switch so I put it on Half at first. But I think it was too hot still so I moved t farther away But will that bud continue to grow or is it done? Should I just cut it off so it doesn't take energy away and the others can grow more? Never had that happen before either. Years ago I was very PROFFESSIONAL at how I did things. This time was a sudden decision and I was sloppy at first. I'm just now got the hang of it all again. But I'm limited on space also. 5.5ft long by 5ft high by 18inches deep cabinet in the RV we have and live in. I'm going to put my Mother plants outside eventually.

skillzd

skillzd

This is the Trifoliate I'm pretty sure she is a
White Widow X Big Buds. But not 100% sure what any of them are since the seeds got mixed up when j transplanted them. I also had more seedlings at the time that had died off early. So idk which died and which lived.

Last edited:
skillzd

skillzd

This is the Auto that is in flower but it's hard to see And there's close ups of the buds starting. It was only about 15in tall when went into flower. Two weeks and now it's 24inches atleast The strain is LSD-25 Auto Flower I don't know how good t will finish as I had a stretch when seedling and the stem wasn't supplying enough to the plant. So now that's it's budding idk if it will do much or not. We're see

Last edited:
skillzd

skillzd

And this is the normal plant. It's hard to see it good. It looks much more thick and full of bud sites in person. The pic is hard to see the whole plant in. It's almost 3ft but will probably be over 4ft when harvest. And this one is WHITE WIDOW X BIG BUDS. STRAIN Fem

skillzd

skillzd

RA? What's that. Sorry. I'm not up with abbreviations and terms too much. Lol.

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

I'm just messing with ya. Looks like my closet in college and RA a resident advisor.

skillzd

skillzd

What about the Auto flower. That was like the first to second week of flower. But the buds haven't grown much and the hairs are turning brown. The rope bud what's suppose to grow into the Cola the tip is now brown and a bit dry in the tips center. But it has gotten a tad bit bigger I just noticed this morning. It was on 24hr light when it bloom so I thought let me keep it and give those buds some light. I had CFL/LED combo And I had also just added the Halogen I keep the 500w Hal at about half power so it's like 250w or so The auto was just far enough seats to be ok and The Auto grew so fast that when I was gone during the day it grew so much that it was only about 1ft away from the hot bulb. It didn't hurt any of the other leaves above and around the bud. So I don't think that was it. My auto strain is LSD-25 I believe and it's suppose to be purple. I see purple highs but I'm wondering if the firing pistils are normal for this strain. But it's only 2weeks in to flower and they just don't look like much. Am I being to impatient with this plant? I thought it would be a steady bud grow being an Auto. Any grow autos? Ever? I want to try and solve the firing pistils before my others start to flower which I already changed the light cycle so any day they will start showing signs and I really don't want them to have the same problem cus they are my golden girls right now. We need them for medicine and to bring in the bacon to help catch us up on everything a little.

skillzd

skillzd

Oh. Ok. I get it then. Thanks. And yeah it's a by small but you can do slot with a small space if you know a few tricks

skillzd

skillzd

Normally my plants always look a bit funny cus I have leaves tucked in places so they get more light to the bud site areas and different techniques that get them more light in a small area. Really can do a lot. A buddy intertwines two plants together and basically over veg time trims all foliage that doesn't have a bud site on it and then when they bud it's like a thick Xmas tree. But made out of tons of thick buds. It's was really kool. He said many try it and fail but he showed me that if you keep spacers in so the plants never actually touch much until they go to flower. Then let them go and flush twice as much when ready. I'm telling you. He could have put that plant in his front yard and everyone would have Thot it was a shrub. Lol. I want to try it someday but not yet. You need a ton Of room for it. He had his in a 55gal drum with the top 12inch cut off. It wasn't huge but the plant was atkeast 4.5 -5 ft I can't wait to try that someday and see if I can do it

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

That's some serious stretch for an auto almost looks like a big devil. Try moving the light closer. Here's an auto I put a t5 right on top of them.I thinks this is an LSD auto from seeds or a sad auto.

20160424 170752
skillzd

skillzd

I may change that halogen to a T5 today if I have the money. A friend gave me his grow light he made himself and said t was HPS I tore it apart and he had one of those floor lamps with the bulb that shines up to the ceiling. They are known to catch fire and get hot. He had one of those shoved inside a Hood with a frosted glass cover with Blue/red Checkers on it. I admit. It was creative. He used it for a year or more before he bought a $600 mh/HPS veg/bloom grow light for himself. And gave me his homeade one. I love growing with CFLs and LED combinations It works well but you do have to move the lights around a lot

skillzd

skillzd

If that is for sure an LSD then idk. Maybe mine isn't lsd-25. I'm pretty sure that's the ONLY auto plant I had gotten. Unless one of the free seeds was an auto or something. But I don't think so. See how your stems are red purplish. My other plant that I think is the WWxBB is that really deeply too. At first I thought t was the LSD25. Then the little plant flowered while in 24/7 lighting. I figured that was the auto and the lsd-25 was the only Auto I know of they sent me. Ugh. This whole grow has been a crab mess cus I mixed the seedlings up when transplanting them. So I couldn't do much since one was an auto and didn't know which was which. I didn't want to chance stressing any of them. So I waited for the auto
To flower first. And as far as the stretch. Yeah I thought so too. But honestly the whole entire plant grew. It didn't technically stretch. It kind of just grew REALLY fast when it went into flower. I think it may have hurt my yield tho cus I'm thinking since the stem was stretched at seedling stage It was lacking growth in Veg cus the bottom stem was skinny and top was thick. Then I buried t deeper and Thot that would help maybe it would root higher up on the stem and get bigger. A week after that it went into bloom and then the second week is when grew a lot and actually if was half the size of my other 30in plants and in those two or three days it caught up to their size. Not just height. It almost caught up to there size completely. But not has bushy It was sure trying to catch up tho. I thing the roots grew like I had planned and it was able to grow more quickly but did it screw with the bud growth or not. I guess we're see

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Ya your defiantly fire hazarding it. Idk why ole boy painted it either. Anyway lsd auto it's by sweet seeds.

skillzd

skillzd

Not paint actually. It was stained glass thing he used for on it. It was pretty kool. But he did the blue and red thing for Veg and Bloom. It looks like it was blue and clear and he colored the clear ones red probably once they were ready for flower. I've tried the whole blue and red lights and just don't see it doing much unless your using 24hr light period then the color change will trigger flower. And with LEDs I can see it works. But as for regular lights with regular 18/6 and then switch to 12/12. The colors don't do much. Maybe adding some Reds might help buds or somehow. Overhead a lot about that subject tho and unless your using LEDs or 24hr light period then I just don't see t doing anything either

skillzd

skillzd

Maybe I should do like my uncle and put a box of baking soda above t and crank her up. Lmao. If he thought something had a chance of catching fire he would put a box of baking soda on top of it so it would put the fire out right away. I learned one lesson. Never say it won't work. HE WILL CATCH SOMETHING ON FIRE JUST TO SHOW YOU. Lol. Crazy old man. God rest his soul

skillzd

skillzd

That's some serious stretch for an auto almost looks like a big devil. Try moving the light closer. Here's an auto I put a t5 right on top of them.I thinks this is an LSD auto from seeds or a sad auto.

Do you grow a lot of Autos? This was my first so I wasn't sure what to expect and it actually messed up my entire grow because I got it mixed in and all of them mixed up

Oh. And mine is LSD-25 and I think it was a different company. Let me check

Top Bottom