I Could Use Some Growers To Chat With.

• Thread starter skillzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
skillzd

skillzd

One thing is I would never spend $600 on anything for growing. Buy only what you need. The rest will come to you as you go. As long as your creative and can think of ways to make things And there always another way to make them look pretty then too. Lol. But buy nutrients and light bulbs. You can make a light hood with a swaure vent shaft. The big air vent shafts that are in the ceiling of buildings. Install a small fan on each side. One blowing in at the lights and one on other side blowing hot air out On bottom cut holes for the lights and mount the light sockets on the inside. Make sure the holes are big enough to let light out and make the bulb as close to the hole as possible but not touching. And there ya go a nice sqaure light hood and light. Install the wiring and a dimmer switch so you can control the lighting better and ya got a decent lighting hood

skillzd

skillzd

I just don't see the need to be spending all that money unless your growing a lot or growing huge huge plants But I still think it's waste of money compared to building something yourself Can make it suit your needs better too and customize it to your needs. Install little hooks to hang things on or use hooks to support branches with huge buds on that need the support. LOL. You can build it based on your needs

skillzd

skillzd

Wow. I think it's horrible I do not even remember these convos. Lol. I guess that says how stressed and busy I've been. Anyways. Here's some pics of the ladies since then. The auto sucked bad. But I kind of expected that since it wasn't grown how I wanted to. The others that are still flowering for another 4 weeks These next ones are coming along nicely but since I'm Manifolding and I had bought the wrong bulbs so the Veg was slowed a bit. It's picking back up now. I had two bulbs bust when cleaning and I had my partner go grab some and I told him 2500k. Not thinking. And I or them in and didn't even realize it until a week ago and changed them. Growing much better now with 6000k of course. Things are settling down a bit now so I can start focusing more on doing things right and not so busy running around with work

skillzd

skillzd

Yeah I know. That's why I couldn't use the top are for Veg. I had to let it open and put the light high and they still are a foot away now. But I can also lower my plants another 8inches or so. But the biggest bud is a foot away from the light and the rest are a foot and a half. I have noticed it's a light green on top of that bug so I pulled it down a inch or so but I think it's fine. I pulled some buds off today at week 6 cus I was out of Medicime and it's rainy here today and I was hurting and my nerves are bad today with the fibro so I plucked a few samples. I did fast dry kind of. They still aren't completely dry but I just needed a little quick and some later so I let the rest sit and dry more. It of course taste shitty but hey. It helps the pain and nerves so why not. The buds are kind of Airy so I'm hoping they fill out. You think they will fill out the last few weeks of flowering? They almost look as if they are growing taller and pointier but not fat or dense yet. Is there something I can do for that? Nutrients are at full strength plus some. Coco a b Nutes and MaxBloom. I'd really like to try and buff this up a bit cus if it gets dense the one cola will be beer can thick and 8in tall. But since it's this airy when it dries it won't be one big bud anymore It does have atleast 3-4 more weeks to go so I'm thinking they will get dense yet and be ok. I hope. Wucha think guys? Will the last few weeks bulk the density up some? I also have been defoliating and have had amazing results. I had to defoliate three times now because the new leaves and smaller fan leaves would shoot out an inch longer after j defoliated. Then I cut a second time and the buds grew about another half inch by the next day and seemed to be bulking up a bit too Then a third time I trimmed what I think the last of them so now it should be all bud growth and only a few trimmings here and there I did pre trim one whole small cola just to see if it helps it at all. I guess time will tell but let me know what ya think

skillzd

skillzd

My next set that's going into flower is not only going to be some nice yields most likely but also going to be a fun grow. Manifolded one good WWxBB into 8 cola Another one I only topped the first time and the only side started producing 3 instead of two so I'm doing a fun bonsai type grow I guess you'd call it. Lol. It's just going to spiral out and the way it looks I think it will produce some massive buds as well I know the way I'm doing it I may need to be cautious of mold in the center of my two spirals so I may grab a small fan for under it so blow air up thru the center. It's just suppose to be fun for me and get some good medicine too. But Manifolding is fun for me and produces great yields so it's good for me. And have a few to play with along the side

ThaDurb707

ThaDurb707

My next set that's going into flower is not only going to be some nice yields most likely but also going to be a fun grow. Manifolded one good WWxBB into 8 cola Another one I only topped the first time and the only side started producing 3 instead of two so I'm doing a fun bonsai type grow I guess you'd call it. Lol. It's just going to spiral out and the way it looks I think it will produce some massive buds as well I know the way I'm doing it I may need to be cautious of mold in the center of my two spirals so I may grab a small fan for under it so blow air up thru the center. It's just suppose to be fun for me and get some good medicine too. But Manifolding is fun for me and produces great yields so it's good for me. And have a few to play with along the side
Your plants look happy in their space. Nice controlled grow, you got the bonsai thing down, hard to do

skillzd

skillzd

Oh thanks. But Those actually aren't my bonsai attempts really. They were my screw ups technically They were mixed in with an auto so I didn't want to top them. I topped the one on the left once but that's it. This is my next Bonsai type grow I'm starting here. Going great so far. It has a nice curve on each side that I want to spiral up as it grows. I'm going to do another one similar that I'm going to try taking the two Colas and spiral them together with a hole in the middle so it doesn't mold in the center. Should be fun. I'm going to use a paper towel roll to spiral them both around and upwards. I'll start a journal on them here soon

skillzd

skillzd

I started to manifold that one and the one side is growing an extra bud site on each node so I thought it would be perfect for a bonsai type grow

Blackkush

Blackkush

Mine was LSD-25 Auto from FASTBUDS
Hi there. Have some q about lsd. I tent to buyy 20seed from fast bud for my first grow. Have some q about colour and thc would u do me favor and guide me? thanks alot

skillzd

skillzd

Yeah I can help. Mine was a failure because I mixed it in with my autos. But it flowered on its own. It was airy because my lighting was not good enough for it. Purple colors yes indeed and if you want deep purple you can use cold water at the right times during flower to
Bring the purple in the Lsd25 out. Assuming it's an AUTO as well?

skillzd

skillzd

Start a thread and send me the link for it. I'll watch and help with anything I can. And I'm sure others will as well

Blackkush

Blackkush

Start a thread and send me the link for it. I'll watch and help with anything I can. And I'm sure others will as well
Thanks . It mean alot. I'll get seed in one or two month i believe( i live in a sh...y country) and yes there are autos. I've read allover the net that 3 gal pot would be perfect. If i use 5 or7 gal.pot would the plant be bigger due to more space for roots? does pot size stimulate the outdoor or its just waste of dirt and space?

skillzd

skillzd

The 3gallon should be fine. You say your growing outdoors? An auto. I think you will have better results growing it indoors on a 24hr light schedule. Or a 20/4 lighting would be fine. But an auto you can pump it full of light. Some say it needs some dark tho as well so 20/4 I think may be a good start for you with the Auto.

Outside I just recommend growing a regular photoperiod plant. I always recommend NOT to grow Autos for your first plant if this is your first. Only because I feel if you grow a regular photoperiod plant first. You know how long to leave it in Veg. When to start switching nutrients. And when to completely be in flowering and nutrients for flower I just think it's best if you know how the normal photo plant reacts to light. Dark. Stress. Basically just how it grows and reacts to training or stress. Then you should be able to grow an auto easily. They are easy to grow. But not as easy to get Qaulity and good yeilds. Good lighting is your best bet for any cannabis plant. But especially an auto.

skillzd

skillzd

My auto was neglected more than anything because it was mixed in. And when it showed its sex I should have had more light on it. I only use a few strong CFLs and LEDs in my veg room and it wasn't enough for flowering. By the time I got my HPS light it was too late and buds were airy. Remember. Mistake happen. But catching them is what any grower needs to improve on when starting. Troubleshooting things before they get bad

Think of it this way. A photoperiod plant if you mess something up. You can correct it and give it time to heal and it will just stay in Veg stage longer.
A AutoFlower you need to avoid any issues and if one arises catch it FAST cus you Will NOT be able to Veg for a longer time. It Automatic. Auto flower by age. So once it's ready to flower. It's flowering wether you are ready or not.

Sorry that's a better way of explaining. Why I recommend growing a photoperiod atleast once or twice first.

Blackkush

Blackkush

My auto was neglected more than anything because it was mixed in. And when it showed its sex I should have had more light on it. I only use a few strong CFLs and LEDs in my veg room and it wasn't enough for flowering. By the time I got my HPS light it was too late and buds were airy. Remember. Mistake happen. But catching them is what any grower needs to improve on when starting. Troubleshooting things before they get bad

Think of it this way. A photoperiod plant if you mess something up. You can correct it and give it time to heal and it will just stay in Veg stage longer.
A AutoFlower you need to avoid any issues and if one arises catch it FAST cus you Will NOT be able to Veg for a longer time. It Automatic. Auto flower by age. So once it's ready to flower. It's flowering wether you are ready or not.

Sorry that's a better way of explaining. Why I recommend growing a photoperiod atleast once or twice first.
Hi there again sorry i think i missguide u. (Cuz english is'nt my first lang). I meant does bigger pot stimulate outdoor growing?
i first grow some bag seeds and they are in flowering right now. And yes the best teacher is exprience. Me and my pal did lots of things. First we did overwatering(the most common mistake) and we learned and did topping lsd fim and etc. But in paralel we did and do tons of research. I learnt lots of thing about photo plant i know the dark is more important due to change of phytochorome far red to red. And lots of stuff like auxin and things like that. And yes ur totally right about planting we did read lots of things but we didnt understand it until we saw with our own eyes. We managed to buy some seeds from nirvana(aurora indica and raspberry cough) we didnt germinate them cuz we tent to buy autos(lsd-25) and want to start growing them together so we could get 2 harvest from auto and one harvest from photo plant. We tent to start commercial growing. Need lots of help and thankful for ur help.
Peace

skillzd

skillzd

Ok. I understand a bit more. The larger 7gallom and up I would say only use if your growing outdoors or in a large large grow room. 5gal is the biggest I use indoor plants and you can grow some massive plants in a 5gal pot. And I see what you mean about harvesting. And the biggest thing reading does is get MANY DIFFERENT points of veiw and opinions. and I see what you mean about growing harvests from autos and photos both now. Honestly if I was you. I would see what works better for you in your location and in your grow area.

So for example. This time you could grow half your Autos in the 18/6 lighting with your photos and change them to 12/12 when needed like normal. And then the other half leave in 24/0 light schedule and see which one produces more in your case.

I will help with any questions I can. As far as pot size I would go with 3gal or 5gal you ask about stimulating outdoor. I'm thinking you mean Simulating outdoor environment. Meaning you want it as close to outdoor conditions as possible. Then yeah you'd want a bigger 5gal or maybe 7gal if your really trying "mimic" outdoor environment then think of it this way. Outside the roots can pretty much just grow straight outwards and downwards naturally. In a pot. They can only go so far before turning around and changing directions and sprouting MORE roots that can Absorb nutrients. A pot keeps root growth contained in one area and roots may stop and then new roots pop out again over and over hntil you have a nice healthy root ball as they call it. Some say this has its benifits to growing. Others say to keep it as close as outdoors as possible. So if you are trying to keep things as close to Outdoor conditions than a bigger 5-7gal pot would be ok for any Auto

Forgive me if I mistype or confuse anyone. This is just from what I've research and realized personally while growing

Blackkush

Blackkush

Ok. I understand a bit more. The larger 7gallom and up I would say only use if your growing outdoors or in a large large grow room. 5gal is the biggest I use indoor plants and you can grow some massive plants in a 5gal pot. And I see what you mean about harvesting. And the biggest thing reading does is get MANY DIFFERENT points of veiw and opinions. and I see what you mean about growing harvests from autos and photos both now. Honestly if I was you. I would see what works better for you in your location and in your grow area.

So for example. This time you could grow half your Autos in the 18/6 lighting with your photos and change them to 12/12 when needed like normal. And then the other half leave in 24/0 light schedule and see which one produces more in your case.

I will help with any questions I can. As far as pot size I would go with 3gal or 5gal you ask about stimulating outdoor. I'm thinking you mean Simulating outdoor environment. Meaning you want it as close to outdoor conditions as possible. Then yeah you'd want a bigger 5gal or maybe 7gal if your really trying "mimic" outdoor environment then think of it this way. Outside the roots can pretty much just grow straight outwards and downwards naturally. In a pot. They can only go so far before turning around and changing directions and sprouting MORE roots that can Absorb nutrients. A pot keeps root growth contained in one area and roots may stop and then new roots pop out again over and over hntil you have a nice healthy root ball as they call it. Some say this has its benifits to growing. Others say to keep it as close as outdoors as possible. So if you are trying to keep things as close to Outdoor conditions than a bigger 5-7gal pot would be ok for any Auto

Forgive me if I mistype or confuse anyone. This is just from what I've research and realized personally while growing
Thanks man sorry about simulating high as f...
Lots of help. So 5 gal it is. (I'm tryin' make a list for new grow room like pot , light, fans and etc) i tought i would mimic the outdoor condition and get more bud per plant.
but it's a very actually artistic &architectural thing. With lsd , u really making an status, and its lovely.
So is it okay that i send u the list and u check to c if anything is missing?

skillzd

skillzd

start a new thread Put your list of stuff on there. Send me the link. That way others can see your starting and help you too.
I will let you know if your going to need something but there many others that grow big like that.
I am a smaller grower with only about a dozen plants. I try for 3 seedling. 3 Vegging. 3 starting to flower. And 3 ready for harvest. Thad what I am trying to get in routine to be doing. But it never times up right so far so I have 2 almost ready for harvest. And one just put into flower. Then I have 10 or so in veg and little cuttings. It's a mess right now. But I'm getting it organized again

Latest posts

Top Bottom