I Could Use Some Growers To Chat With.

• Thread starter skillzd
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

RedsFire

RedsFire

Nice cloners what are you running them in ? Dwc or coco maybe? After they are established I mean.

It's the superponics kit from supercloset. DWC and a top feed system all in one. You should go and check them out. They are very high quality material and setup is super clean looking. I'll give a better review once my babies are big enough to justify using them.

Last edited by a moderator:
BudBogart

BudBogart

Good luck with your grow. There are some great people on the farm to bounce ideas or problems off of. Have fun

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

What dwc system are you using? I'm getting ready to harvest and I'm looking into buying a good dwc system.

skillzd

skillzd

Is that one of those plastic storage cabinets for like on a porch outside? That's a good idea for a grow cabinet. I have a large metal cabinet but no way I could use it cus it would have to remain outside and can't where I live. Wish i had more room in our RV. I think I may be turning the front section into I grow area too. I'm not sure. Maybe I'll Veg them up there in the front area. The seats pop off so I could have a 6ft x5ft high and 4ft deep so should be a nice place to put some in veg and if they get too tall I could open the top to gro up into above the Cab area and keep it closed off Idk. I need more plants at one time tho. My partner doesn't want many more but I tried to tell him minimum you need two in seeding/clone stage. Two in Veg stage and two in bloom stage I told him that would MAYBE be enough to keep us medicine at all times but it depends on yield I want atleast 4-6 in each stage

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Just grow autos or clone and switch them to flower when they are about 2ft tall.

RedsFire

RedsFire

What dwc system are you using? I'm getting ready to harvest and I'm looking into buying a good dwc system.
It's a superponics system. It combines DWC with a areo top feed system. From what the supercloset site says they have a patient on it.

It's really high quality in person. I'd highly recommend buying one.

RedsFire

RedsFire

SwizzleSticks check these out man.

skillzd

skillzd

I don't see buying that stuff when you can build them yourself and customize it to your specific needs. Old fridges used to be nice and mini fridges. But now since the plastic garden cabinets are nice I would like to build one out of one of those. You could silicone the cracks to seal light leaks easily. Pop a hol in for any cords hell it would even be easy just to install outlets in one and make custom box easily. I just like building my own. It's fun. Right now k just don't have room for one. Gotta use the Arab since we live in it now anyways. We love it. Nice area on a little ranch. Thinking about hiding a few outside somewhere. Just not sure cus if she would happen to
Find t and know it ours somehow it would be bad. Lol. I'll give Autos one more shot. And I'm still trying to clone but today I have to haul water cus the new places water is horrible and I can't even get it down to a normal PH

RedsFire

RedsFire

SuperPonics Hydroponic Grow System technology fuses the best of hydroponics by combining automated top feeding, deep water culture, and bubble and AeroPonics.

RedsFire

RedsFire

I don't see buying that stuff when you can build them yourself and customize it to your specific needs. Old fridges used to be nice and mini fridges. But now since the plastic garden cabinets are nice I would like to build one out of one of those. You could silicone the cracks to seal light leaks easily. Pop a hol in for any cords hell it would even be easy just to install outlets in one and make custom box easily. I just like building my own. It's fun. Right now k just don't have room for one. Gotta use the Arab since we live in it now anyways. We love it. Nice area on a little ranch. Thinking about hiding a few outside somewhere. Just not sure cus if she would happen to
Find t and know it ours somehow it would be bad. Lol. I'll give Autos one more shot. And I'm still trying to clone but today I have to haul water cus the new places water is horrible and I can't even get it down to a normal PH

Man I totally understand wanting to build your own. I wanted to buy one first and get my feet wet, get a closeup look at everything, and then maybe work on making my own. It's certainly cheaper to make your own by a long shot.

One thing I love about the supercloset system is the reflective surface it uses is magnetic on the backside. So if I ever have any issues with mold of whatever I can just take them off, clean the cabinet out, and slap them back on!

skillzd

skillzd

I wish I had a male and could breed one for seeds. I need some good seeds and would like to try the Autos more but I just don't have any money to be ordering seeds right now. When I grew before I talk online for like 2year with a group and we would trade souvenir seeds to try eachothers crosses or just sometimes to help each other out But things are changing and people are to afraid to send seeds or give an adress out to send them. Now don't get me wrong. I'm not stupid enough to give my address where I'm at and where plants are at But a P.O. box or a friends place works fine for swapping seeds with people. There shouldn't be a reason we all spend hundreds in seeds when everyone grows and many get males that seed there Qaulity female bud and become some Qaulity seed. One thing I loved doing is twice each year we would each purchase a pack of 12 or so seeds that were of very high Qaulity and that we had talked about trying before. I would get a pack and each of I think there were 6 of us. Yeah. 6. We each would buy a pack of bout 12 and send each other 2 of those seeds So we would each have 12seed with 6 different strains so for the price you have to pay for 12 seeds in one strain you can try 6 strains for the same price. But you have to have a group ready to do that. Seeds are actually legal unless you specifically say your ordering to grow. But as souvenirs they are actually legal to sell trade whatever

skillzd

skillzd

Just like if you buy the special "Hemp" formulated seeds that have no THC. It's actually legal to grow Hemp here but not cannabis. I guess there's a seperate kind of seed for hemp growing. Idk. I read a big article on it a while ago. I think last year

skillzd

skillzd

And yeah. Building is just part of the fun of growing too. One of the guys I used to deal with grew his supply himself and his Office/grow room started with a metal door and deadbolts with a keypad He did it all himself. You open it and walk in to a computer desk with laptop and a control panel for 8,000 LED lights on the entire ceiling and spaced out half way down the walls too. He put one of those motion sensors by the door so when you opened the door it would autostic adjust the lights so you could walk in and see better. He set everything up using shit he got off craigslist and eBay and stuff used or broken and used parts from them to make his grow room. It was something else. He of course won't let anyone take pics of it. I even begged cus I want to do something kool like that someday. Btw. He is a bit crazy too. Lol. He's one of those older guys that love playing tricks on people. Like setting booby traps for example. But he's smart. Wish the dude had freaked out when he got busted. He got busted because of his dog. He destroyed his couch so he put him in the grow room the next night when he left at work. He got s call from police saying he had to leave work and come home imediately When he got home they threw the cuffs on him. He had no clue what was going on. His dog busted the wood covering the window and since it was dark the neighbors seen the purplish light and looked in window. All cus of a dog. He was luck tho. That time his plants were getting too tall and he had taken them outside so he only got caught growing like 6 and they were not flowering so he just got some probation. He said the cops walked right past a 5ft tall plant 2weeks away from harvest and never noticed it. Lol. That was the last time I talked to him. Lol. Once your busted I don't want to be around much

SwizzleStix

SwizzleStix

Man I totally understand wanting to build your own. I wanted to buy one first and get my feet wet, get a closeup look at everything, and then maybe work on making my own. It's certainly cheaper to make your own by a long shot.

One thing I love about the supercloset system is the reflective surface it uses is magnetic on the backside. So if I ever have any issues with mold of whatever I can just take them off, clean the cabinet out, and slap them back on!

Isn't it just meant for clones though? I mean do you grow flowering plants in it?

RedsFire

RedsFire

Isn't it just meant for clones though? I mean do you grow flowering plants in it?
You can germinate seeds all the way up to flowering plants in the cloner. But the superponics system is for transferring the plants after they have gotten big enough to outgrow the germination kit.

The closet I got is meant to be a continuous cycle of germination, to the cloner, and finally to the superponics system.

skillzd

skillzd

Awesome. That's kind of what j wanted to do in the metal cabinet I just threw out. Top has one shelf with a cloning system. Then they move down to the bottom 5ft of cabinet and remain threw until flower And the top shelf has the light u see it so it acts has a warmer for the cloner which is good as long as it doesn't get to hot. But I was going to adjust every thing as I go. But I threw it out now. New plan in process maybe. Coming up with one as I go. Lol

RedsFire

RedsFire

Awesome. That's kind of what j wanted to do in the metal cabinet I just threw out. Top has one shelf with a cloning system. Then they move down to the bottom 5ft of cabinet and remain threw until flower And the top shelf has the light u see it so it acts has a warmer for the cloner which is good as long as it doesn't get to hot. But I was going to adjust every thing as I go. But I threw it out now. New plan in process maybe. Coming up with one as I go. Lol
What do you guys know/think about bud drying cabinets?

Skillzd you got me thinking when you mentioned using an old refrigerator to build a cabinet. I don't wanna drop $600 on a drying cabinet, but I don't want to interrupt my continuous cycle of seeds to clones to budding flower to use my grow closet as a dryer for 3-7 days either.

I have a small fridge that I don't really use. Could I turn it into a makeshift bud dryer?? It seals up nicely and is located in my backyard outdoor kitchen, so I don't think the smells would get out. Maybe I could/should buy a small carbon filter or something??

Anybody have thoughts on this?

skillzd

skillzd

Yeah I'm sure you could. If you don't mind it being destroyed then add whatever you need to keep it dry and no mold. I would just copy an idea online and make it your own. Now if you don't want to destroy it then you can hang it inside of the fridge with suction cup hooks like for Xmas decorations. And then put some of those silicone beads inside to absorb any moisture that may make t inside the fridge. I've even seen people use dehydraters Of course not directly. They just set the dehydrator in the bottom of a kitchen cabinet or non working fridge in your case. Set the dehyd. On the bottom completely open with no top. It will help keep the area dehydrated so they can dry and cured nicely too. There's many ways of doing it tho

RedsFire

RedsFire

Sweet! Thanks for the tips bro.

Hey if you happen to come across any links or whatever online let me know. Sounds like I'll def be using the outdoor mini-fridge!

Top Bottom