I keep getting tastelss, odorless buds!

• Thread starter greenops
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Moshmen

Moshmen

Last year I had one growing at 118f @ 18% rh and it was better than my indoor.
It that’s outdoor not under led lighting much different in my opinion you got way more experience than myself for sure I’m just telling y’all what I’ve seen In my tent and what I try to avoid in my situation heat/light Is the number one enemy even with leds ,

growsince79

growsince79

It that’s outdoor not under led lighting much different in my opinion you got way more experience than myself for sure I’m just telling y’all what I’ve seen In my tent and what I try to avoid in my situation heat/light Is the number one enemy even with leds ,
Some of the most potent pot I ever saw grew under mh @100f. Buds foxtails but still potent and tasty. Yes it would no doubt be better in a proper environment. That's where the 5% environment comes in. Bunk weed that was grown at 90f. will still be bunk even grown perfect.

farmboy

farmboy

well i doubt its temp in my case because i introduced AC unit and only thing increased were electric bills. what do you think guys, will i get better results with quantum board, that has less intense but more even light plus uv? Do you have experience how many watts of UVa can i run continuously?

Pippins

Pippins

Of course you likely have proper ventilation and exhaust or cooling. The op here (in 2012) had said he was at up to 82 degrees. Under even a 250 watt hps that is way too hot imo.
I don't get it, some of the dankest smoke I've had was grown outdoors in CA and HA when the temps were in the 90s. This lack of taste/smell is most likely due to curing practices and 90% of people cut too early as well.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't get it, some of the dankest smoke I've had was grown outdoors in CA and HA when the temps were in the 90s. This lack of taste/smell is most likely due to curing practices and 90% of people cut too early as well.

Outdoor and indoor is very different for plants.

That said i have not smoked any outdoor more potent than good indoor. And i dont mean early cut commercial.

Controlling the environment and light and harvest time absolutely helps grow better weed potentially.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Some of the most potent pot I ever saw grew under mh @100f. Buds foxtails but still potent and tasty. Yes it would no doubt be better in a proper environment. That's where the 5% environment comes in. Bunk weed that was grown at 90f. will still be bunk even grown perfect.

outdoor the plants stay cooler because the roots are in the cool ground. Cool roots cool plant.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Also want to add. The weed should taste and smell good right after drying for a week or two. It does get a bit smoother cured in jars for some time but ot should be fully smokable and enjoyable right away if grown properly. A “cure” wont fix anything or make weed better. Maybe smoke better if it was too wet still.

growsince79

growsince79

Also want to add. The weed should taste and smell good right after drying for a week or two. It does get a bit smoother cured in jars for some time but ot should be fully smokable and enjoyable right away if grown properly. A “cure” wont fix anything or make weed better. Maybe smoke better if it was too wet still.
Agree if the genetics are there.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Absolutely. But my point is good genetics are still good even if environment isn't perfect. The op planted crappy genetics

the op buds look like they were too hot though. And the buds formed well anyway. Seems like good genetics. Could have been overfed too.

growsince79

growsince79

OP said temps were 79-82, most people would be happy with that. I guess Im just lucky to have genetics that make potent, tasty buds regardless of temp. I can grow anywhere from 70 -100f and its always good.

Wh1teScorp1on

Wh1teScorp1on

Do you run a ozone or ionizing air purifier in your place? It’ll zap your flavour and scents out of the plant

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

High temps burn off terps and cannabanoids.

So if my bud smelled like sour alien armpit (not terpenes) before harvest, and like cheesey tuna helper (not terpenes) while drying, like sweet forest candy (not terpenes) once dry, and like sour ethereal knee-weakening moan-inducing cedar candy that leaves the empty pipe tasting like candy so strongly you can't stop dry hitting it (not terpenes) after cure..

What does that mean? Did i heat my terpenes and cannabinoids right?

I'll never understand the special Olympic grow forums. Curing is a myth here. Flavor is a myth. "it gets a little smoother is all"..

Bros, what are you growing??

"I like cheese terpenes" WHICH ONES ARE THOSE? CHEEZANENE? CHEDDANENE?

"Hydrolytic rancidity refers to the odor that developed when triglycerides are hydrolyzed and free fatty acids are released. This reaction of lipid with water may require a catalyst, leading to the formation of free fatty acids and glycerol. In particular, short-chain fatty acids, such as isovaleric acid, are malodorous."

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

So if my bud smelled like sour alien armpit (not terpenes) before harvest, and like cheesey tuna helper (not terpenes) while drying, like sweet forest candy (not terpenes) once dry, and like sour ethereal knee-weakening moan-inducing cedar candy that leaves the empty pipe tasting like candy so strongly you can't stop dry hitting it (not terpenes) after cure..

What does that mean? Did i heat my terpenes and cannabinoids right?

I'll never understand the special Olympic grow forums. Curing is a myth here. Flavor is a myth. "it gets a little smoother is all"..

Bros, what are you growing??

"I like cheese terpenes" WHICH ONES ARE THOSE? CHEEZANENE? CHEDDANENE?

"Hydrolytic rancidity refers to the odor that developed when triglycerides are hydrolyzed and free fatty acids are released. This reaction of lipid with water may require a catalyst, leading to the formation of free fatty acids and glycerol. In particular, short-chain fatty acids, such as isovaleric acid, are malodorous."

we were talking about indoor hid lighting burning off terpenes. What the hell are you ever talking about?

Do you even understand any of the science you cherry pick to pretend to answer comments?

And that question was rhetorical. Know what that big word means?

MiteSuck

MiteSuck

I read your post and as many comments as I could but there’s a few.

outsider looking in if that’s a 1000 watt it’s pretty close to those buds.

Heat does degrade terpenes which I’m willing to bet is at least a contributing factor.
Next on the chopping block would be the genetics.

Top Bottom