Might warm up enough to grow today
Tropicoma3 221
Bed2 221
1stplant221
Wholegh221
Gh221

fishwhistle

fishwhistle

You still have 2 layers of plastic ken?If so did it seem to help?

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
You still have 2 layers of plastic ken?If so did it seem to help?
I have two layers on the two Northrly walls
I peeled back the layer on the ceiling
If it helped, it wasnt much....:meh:
I roll up both south and west walls on sunny days anyway.
Next winter I will have to remodel and make her more efficient against the cold ;)

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I have two layers on the two Northrly walls
I peeled back the layer on the ceiling
If it helped, it wasnt much....:meh:
I roll up both south and west walls on sunny days anyway.
Next winter I will have to remodel and make her more efficient against the cold ;)
hey ken, they make a green house specific plastic that is much more durable and its supposed to stop the plastic from "sweating" its expensive tho .

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hey ken, they make a green house specific plastic that is much more durable and its supposed to stop the plastic from "sweating" its expensive tho .
Hey Cheese, Hopefully if everything goes as planned...I will be able to trick it out good this fall;)
maybe a split ac heat and seal the whole thing up:D

Things are Not going as planned in the GH right now :(
This last cold spell was hard on em
They look well feed, but they are completely stalled from the cold:depressed:
It really sucks.:banghead: ..If they take too much longer to start again...
I might have to litedep the whole GH:facepalm:
Thats not gonna be easy:yuck:

Hope they snap back fast

Closeupstall
Bed5 224

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

hey bro dont be affraid to throw some heaters out there. if you can atleast keep it at 55 in there those girls will blow the fuck up faassst

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
hey bro dont be affraid to throw some heaters out there. if you can atleast keep it at 55 in there those girls will blow the fuck up faassst
Thats where I fucked up:banghead: ..I quit useing the heater..fucking thing was drawing alot of power:blackeye:
and it wasnt really doing much and Im useing the heater for the plants in the Garage now...lol
I hope we are past the cold weather now ..I bet my fucking next power bill is gonna be 1k :depressed:
So Shit I dont think I wanna try to heat it...But I do have an investment to protect:confused:

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

Thats where I fucked up:banghead: ..I quit useing the heater..fucking thing was drawing alot of power:blackeye:
and it wasnt really doing much and Im useing the heater for the plants in the Garage now...lol
I hope we are past the cold weather now ..I bet my fucking next power bill is gonna be 1k :depressed:
So Shit I dont think I wanna try to heat it...But I do have an investment to protect:confused:
yeah those space heaters are expensive to run.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Ken, this thread is too long and I'm too ADD to remember--did you say you use passive heating in this GH? If not, definitely look into it!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken, this thread is too long and I'm too ADD to remember--did you say you use passive heating in this GH? If not, definitely look into it!
No I used Half ass Heating:bag: ..Electric Oil raditator type

the little CFLs were getting warm..but I shut those off last week:wacky:

Amber

Amber

Hey Seamaiden, I know this wont suprise you. Because I have seen your snow covered seedlings :)

I just had to show this years Volunteers(from a bubble run)
..They were covered in 4 inches of snow yesterday
View attachment 291750

View attachment 291749
Yeah I put that snow there for the photo ;) ...but they really were covered in snow yesterday
Well they are probably still chilly from that and are not that stoked that you had to get a picture.

Amber

Amber

Hey Cheese, Hopefully if everything goes as planned...I will be able to trick it out good this fall;)
maybe a split ac heat and seal the whole thing up:D

Things are Not going as planned in the GH right now :(
This last cold spell was hard on em
They look well feed, but they are completely stalled from the cold:depressed:
It really sucks.:banghead: ..If they take too much longer to start again...
I might have to litedep the whole GH:facepalm:
Thats not gonna be easy:yuck:

Hope they snap back fast

View attachment 292457View attachment 292458
I am not sure how the weather is supposed to be but I saw an article about keeping roots warm for days like these that I thought was cool, never tried it but sounded logical to me. You know those hand and boot warmers they sell for like survival and first aid kit type things. To put those around the base to keep roots warm.

:woot::woot::woot:seal it and split it. Yes that is what I'm talking about. If you do that though you should hit me up about everything I wish I did different that one time when I thought AC in the greenhouse would be cool.

At what point does it become indoor?;)

K

kolah

I have found those cold temps (28-42 F) really shock the shit out of the plants and often it takes a week or two for them to kick back up. Temps hovering around the freezing mark don't kill them but it surely stalls them out severely. It's frustrating for sure.

You may want to cover your north side wall with insulation and sheathing (inside and out). Very little sun comes from that way anyway. I'll be doing that to my GH this Spring.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
<cough>Christmas lights<coughcough> wrap them around/over pots if no passive heating available.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I am finding that out too Kolah :confused: I knew it..and I had to go and find out the the hard way:banghead:

And I didnt Take any of all the Great advice and tips you Friendly farmers have offered :bag:

Things were going pretty good though, untill I made the mistake of peeling back the ceiling plastic.:facepalm:
It was holding in some heat...and I was planing on pushing back in place each evening..but Im a lazy mo fo...Gotta snap outta that soon for the Light deps that I told myself I wasnt gonna do anymore:confused:

So My Shit is stalled out ...I just hope to get lucky like every other time :wacky:

On the Bright Side,

It's another sunny Morning in Central Cal.
GH225

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

I am finding that out too Kolah :confused: I knew it..and I had to go and find out the the hard way:banghead:

And I didnt Take any of all the Great advice and tips you Friendly farmers have offered :bag:

Things were going pretty good though, untill I made the mistake of peeling back the ceiling plastic.:facepalm:
It was holding in some heat...and I was planing on pushing back in place each evening..but Im a lazy mo fo...Gotta snap outta that soon for the Light deps that I told myself I wasnt gonna do anymore:confused:

So My Shit is stalled out ...I just hope to get lucky like every other time :wacky:

On the Bright Side,

It's another sunny Morning in Central Cal.
View attachment 292683

hey bro it wont be a loss at all. if you feel that its not a high grade to smoke you can always hash it out!

Top Bottom