i made a greenhouse

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

The heating blankets are are great idea...as long as they dont get the plants too hot

The forecast says night time lows in 40's for the next ten days :)
So dont think I need to heat anymore..although collecting Heat during the warm days that are forecasted would be a good Idea......

I have been thinking of adding these to my beds for Better airaition and drainage
View attachment 292768
I wonder if I put them on top of the soil(for now) if they would collect and hold heat? o_O

I got 1 bag of this at my local store when I was starting with UC I really liked them but have not seen them since at the same or any local store since. I think that would be great in your beds I know I would for sure try that out. One thing I wish I would have done in my greenhouse beds was lay a nice layer of rock down in my beds before any soil. I think they would insulate for sure if on the top im not so sure they would hold heat but they would for sure insulate. They felt like they were too airy (maybe thats the wrong word) but kinda like insulfoam. Makes a blanket out of air.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
I have also heard of using Xmas lights but seems when you are needing warmth most is also when your wanting it to be dark.
Yeah, I thought of that after I posted it. Well after.
Nice SM, that's good to know. IMO I'd rather keep the roots warm .....and then some of the heat will rise up to warm the plants.

btw congrats on your moderator job. Did they give you the big hammer or the new-fangled electroshock device?
Thanks. No taser, but I did get a new pair of bigger PANTS. I figure they only make my ass look a little bit fatter than it already does. :D They're not hemmed, so I bought some fat blue suede wedgies. :D

Ken, you are able to control the heat in numerical settings from 1-9 with the Wally World blankets I use. I wrap them in plastic, then set the thinnest thing I can find on top to even things out and help make additionally waterproof. However, I'm putting pots on top of the blankets. I don't see why you can't figure out a way to use a strip of plastic to make an envelope for the blanket, and then get that situated in between the plants, on top of the soil bed, with a minimal gap and in such a manner as to create a nice, warmed area much as the sun might warm the soil.

Btw, kolah's right about the rocks, they're one method of passive heating something like that GH and they can hold a lot of warmth through the night, especially if they have full exposure during the day. You could use those grow rocks, but I know nothing about them.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
AA226
It's another sunny day this morning and most of the plants are looking pretty good :)

bed4_226-jpg.292976
Bed2RC226

Bed2226
below frigid

below frigid

Never done a winter grow, I was wondering since the days are getting longer, I do realize they are still very short but do you think these will finish before they start to reveg. Aproximate date when you think reveg would start to occur. I know it would vary from strain to strain. Been thinking about playing with a greenhouse next winter.

montanamike1

montanamike1

I may need to get myself a resale number, because the cheapest seedling mats I've found are in the range of $20-$30 apiece, which is a LOT considering the small footprint.

I did. 100-300W is what a typical electric blanket uses. That's a fraction of a space heater, which are usually in the range of 1200W-1800W.

Yeah, buying new seedling mats for that purpose is way less economical than just buying some cheap electric blankets, just thinking of reusing what he may already have lying around; really the idea that we're all repeating here is that as long as the roots are warm enough to continue taking in liquids, you can maintain the turgor pressure that keeps your plants upright.

Again, big props for winter outdoor Ken!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Never done a winter grow, I was wondering since the days are getting longer, I do realize they are still very short but do you think these will finish before they start to reveg. Aproximate date when you think reveg would start to occur. I know it would vary from strain to strain. Been thinking about playing with a greenhouse next winter.
Good question . I have no Idea..Middle of March we get 12 hour days..
By the middle of April its 13 hour days..Seamaiden said the Increase with make them reveg.
I was hopping I would be done soon enough and I wouldnt have to lite dep.
But Im not so sure anymore...I may have to cover them for an hour each evening near the end just to be sure

below frigid

below frigid

Do you heat your greenhouse? How cold at night before you add supplemental heat if you use it? I am here around 36.00 Monterey / San Luis Obispo county area. Get quite a few nights in the low 30's and some in the 20's December through February. Starting to warm up now. I will be cracking my beans this week. Don't have the room here at the house to start them earlier (inside) or I would for sure. Be nice to have my WI-FI as big as yours is already. Maybe I can catch up?LOL

Aligee

Aligee

beautiful ken gonna go get some soil from figgarden rockery here in town, still debating on when to throw out cuts to start veggin i know it gots to be soon weather keeps changing week to week heard its gonna rain again next week ;) .. thinking im gonna do all wifey OD.... your plants look bangin amazing how a lil tlc and some sunshine can get them girls going strong!!!!:D

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

thinking im gonna do all wifey OD.... your plants look bangin amazing how a lil tlc and some sunshine can get them girls going strong!!!!:D

Is this the same Aligee, that I noticed had said all outdoor is shit compared to indoor, a while back? I would surely hope that it wasn't. Please be an adult and don't come back with some childlike bullshit (no offense; this is just how most react). I do not have time for that shit. Just don't stick your foot in your mouth anymore and I won't be around to bust your balls about it. Good luck on your crop!

Ken, bro. First things first. Respect. Also, sorry that I had to do that in your thread. Now that I got that out of the way; I have ran a crop during winter. I put mine out a little before the end of February and picked them up (a fully seeded crop)... you guessed it, two months later without any revegging problems. I am just speaking on my experiences. I do not know your area, at all. Good luck with it and I will be watching. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

Aligee

Aligee

yeah i still stand by that kid, fuck off dont address me and ill do the same, wasnt speaking to you so likewise!!!

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

yeah i still stand by that kid, fuck off dont address me and ill do the same, wasnt speaking to you so likewise!!!

I like the sound of that. I knew you would at least throw a little bit of a fit. Age is just a number, BIG homie. Respect is a two way street. I could give a fuck who or what you are...

Edit: I really could give two shits how outdoor and indoor match up, please believe that. For you to just act like all cannabis was grown indoors forever, or that it is some Illuminati shit though, just makes you look ignorant. I was trying to help you out, actually. To me, you disrespect everyone who came before us, and really the plant. Outdoors is the plant's natural habitat. To act like you are so big and bad just looks arrogant and distasteful. Good luck with your business though, I guess.

Again, I apologize CK. I have always loved your threads, and enjoyed your pictures. Thank you for taking the time to do that. You were one of the first people that I enjoyed watching do a BIG, NICE, SEXY, ummm what was that..... OUTDOOR, on the farm. Sometimes, I just cannot stand for blatant bullshit anymore. I am truly sorry that it spilled into your thread though bro. I hope you understand. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
yeah Im sorry it had to spill into my thread too :(
I will scroll it off with lots of pics...

Skank, I dont know if you know..But Aligee Is My Bro. A Really Good Bro.

Just saying :meh:

stanknugzz77

stanknugzz77

yeah Im sorry it had to spill into my thread too :(
I will scroll it off with lots of pics...

Skank, I dont know if you know..But Aligee Is My Bro. A Really Good Bro.

Just saying :meh:

I apologize, again bro. Please believe me. Bullshit, is just that though, bro. BULLSHIT. He disrespects all of your outdoor, with his own words, if you want my opinion. Maybe you do not at all, though. I can respect that. Just know that I respect you, in the first place, but not AG. I also respect this community enough, not tot just hide behind PMs; not that I want to air my bullshit either... It is a little sad, that such a good bro of yours, would disrespect your work, like that. It hurts me just to watch. Good luck with everything though. I hope that you know though, my respect for you still stands. Positive vibes...

~nugzz

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I apologize, again bro. Please believe me. Bullshit, is just that though, bro. BULLSHIT. He disrespects all of your outdoor, with his own words, if you want my opinion. Maybe you do not at all, though. I can respect that. Just know that I respect you, in the first place, but not AG. I also respect this community enough, not tot just hide behind PMs; not that I want to air my bullshit either... It is a little sad, that such a good bro of yours, would disrespect your work, like that. It hurts me just to watch. Good luck with everything though. I hope that you know though, my respect for you still stands. Positive vibes...

~nugzz
Thanks Nugzz :) No hard feelings here man..let's just let it go...

bigcheese510

bigcheese510

beautiful ken gonna go get some soil from figgarden rockery here in town, still debating on when to throw out cuts to start veggin i know it gots to be soon weather keeps changing week to week heard its gonna rain again next week ;) .. thinking im gonna do all wifey OD.... your plants look bangin amazing how a lil tlc and some sunshine can get them girls going strong!!!!:D
plant them on 4/20 and youll be golden

Top Bottom