i made a greenhouse

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Amber

Amber

I just learned that normal rainfall in our area is 31". I'm becoming VERY concerned. No more RO, that's for sure, can't afford to waste that much life juice.
I was told that the waste water that comes from the RO can be sent right back into the RO. I was told that its not that its dirty or bad water it just takes that much water like a pressure thing to produce the RO water. I'm not sure how true that is but I guess its worth looking into these days.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I just learned that normal rainfall in our area is 31". I'm becoming VERY concerned. No more RO, that's for sure, can't afford to waste that much life juice.
here's a stoned idea..I think we should give folks some jobs and dig a canal from Alaska to Ca.
Or a pipe..
Pipeline
Alaska pipeline in winter 5499

Last edited:
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Dood! Dave and I were talking about that at dinner last night, a gigantic-ass pipeline. He told me that back during the drought of the 70s the county of Marin had to do that, they went completely dry.
I was told that the waste water that comes from the RO can be sent right back into the RO. I was told that its not that its dirty or bad water it just takes that much water like a pressure thing to produce the RO water. I'm not sure how true that is but I guess its worth looking into these days.
That doesn't make any sense to me. The waste water is considered 'brine.' I mean, maybe it can go back through the RO, but it'd tax the hell out of the membranes.

Amber

Amber

Dood! Dave and I were talking about that at dinner last night, a gigantic-ass pipeline. He told me that back during the drought of the 70s the county of Marin had to do that, they went completely dry.

That doesn't make any sense to me. The waste water is considered 'brine.' I mean, maybe it can go back through the RO, but it'd tax the hell out of the membranes.
Disadvantages
Household reverse osmosis units use a lot of water because they have low back pressure. As a result, they recover only 5 to 15% of the water entering the system. The remainder is discharged as waste water. Because waste water carries with it the rejected contaminants, methods to recover this water are not practical for household systems. Wastewater is typically connected to the house drains and will add to the load on the household septic system. An reverse osmosis unit delivering five gallons of treated water per day may discharge between 20 and 90 gallons of waste water per day.[18]

Large-scale industrial/municipal systems recover typically 75% to 80% of the feed water, or as high as 90%, because they can generate the high pressure needed for higher recovery reverse osmosis filtration. On the other hand, as recovery of wastewater increases in commercial operations, effective contaminant removal rates tend to become reduced, as evidenced by product water total dissolved solids levels.

Due to its fine membrane construction, reverse osmosis not only removes harmful contaminants present in the water, but it also may strip many of the good, healthy minerals from the water. A number of peer-reviewed studies have looked at the long-term health effects of drinking demineralized water.[19] However, demineralized water can be remineralized and this process has been done in instances when processing demineralized water for consumption. An example of this process is Dasani, which adds sodium chloride (salt) and potassium chloride to its water for "taste", according to the company.[20]

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
and I still havent put those lights away :facepalm:

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
its going to get cold this week
it got down to 32 in there last night..so I put a electric oil heater out there just now
and I buryed a cable heater in the cookie bed

Cookies23
Wifi23
Superskunk23
Cookiebed22
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
been two days since I took that last photo of the cookie bushes
they have stretched a bit
Cookies25
I sprayed em with Caps bennies and seagreen last night :)
Im going to have to take some leaves of eventually..but not quite yet

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks Bud..Im super excited about it! :woot: woot!...lol

They didnt like it at right away...it took them some time to adjust..
and I think the heater cables are helping :) They are praying hard now days

Top Bottom