I need help guys im stumped.

• Thread starter Ineedheeelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Humidity and watering practices play a huge roll in that. That's possibly why you see no issue. I have seen some ppl do well and others cooked. But almost always dark green and over fed.

Edit: looking back at the pics I agree not to young.
Recently I had a fresh bag of ffof and did a slurry test; it was under 500 PPM and the pH was 6.3 - 6.5 (cant recall exactly) I wouldn't consider that a hot soil

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Just water for several weeks. Can try to flush but not being a soil grower your better of to listen to @Beachwalker as to how to remedy.

I just chimed in because i could tell it's root damage and the likely cause is low humidity with high nutrients.
I'll take all the help I can get. They were 5-6 nodes tall when I topped them so they look alot younger than they did

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Recently I had a fresh bag of ffof and did a slurry test; it was under 500 PPM and the pH was 6.3 - 6.5 (cant recall exactly) I wouldn't consider that a hot soil
Fair enough... 500ppm with low humidity is enough to overfed. Especially young plants. I agree and if I sound like I'm blaming the soil it's not what I intend it to mean. I just think there are better options for seedlings not that it can't be done and done well.

I agree the issue here is the added nutrients to an already nutrient rich soil.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'll take all the help I can get. They were 5-6 nodes tall when I topped them so they look alot younger than they did
Yeah I looked back at the pics and edited my post. They weren't at young as I thought.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Fair enough... 500ppm with low humidity is enough to overfed. Especially young plants. I agree and if I sound like I'm blaming the soil it's not what I intend it to mean. I just think there are better options for seedlings not that it can't be done and done well.

I agree the issue here is the added nutrients to an already nutrient rich soil.
I'll cut the nutes for a couple weeks and only give water to them an see how that goes.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

@Beachwalker would you recommend a flush? I know organics should never really be flushed but now that mineral salt ferts have been added idk?

I do know a flush can impact microbes which organic soils need in order to process nutrients for uptake.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

@Beachwalker would you recommend a flush? I know organics should never really be flushed but now that mineral salt ferts have been added idk?

I do know a flush can impact microbes which organic soils need in order to process nutrients for uptake.
No, I'd be very careful watering those plants for a while, the new growth looks good but I wouldn't want to set them back anymore, assuming that it is transplant shock which I agree it looks like

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I'm not positive but I looked up his damage and it came back transplant shock, and when you said that it looked like root damage that's bingo, so I agree that is likely what caused that damage but I suppose it could be something else, but I wouldn't know what?

If I were OP, like I mentioned above I would be very careful not to overwater, and I wouldn't feed for a while either

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I'm not positive but I looked up his damage and it came back transplant shock, and when you said that it looked like root damage that's bingo, so I agree that is likely what caused that damage but I suppose it could be something else, but I wouldn't know what?

If I were OP, like I mentioned above I would be very careful not to overwater, and I wouldn't feed for a while either
I'm glad I asked cause I have purple petioles on all the plants too and I was thinking I might have a lockup somewhere

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Well frankly your pictures came up as transplant shock and Aquaman
I'm glad I asked cause I have purple petioles on all the plants too and I was thinking I might have a lockup somewhere
Well those spots came back as transplant shock, and Aquaman seemed to feel you had root issues as well. Frankly I don't know how you get transplant shock, I've seen it before but I tear my roots apart, I break the soil open to an extent across the whole bottom and sometimes up the sides and I've never had any transplant shock that I can speak of so I don't know?

It might be root damage caused some other way besides the transplant? Did you have issues when transplanting it, or did the transplant go smoothly in your opinion? To me it doesn't look like nute burn, I'm sticking with some type root damage

if you're having other issues why don't you list everything you can think of including your environmental temperatures humidity the light you're using the distance it is from the plants the feed/ppm, pH and everything else you can think of including the strain of the plant

Last edited:
Moshmen

Moshmen

Also I shoulda mentioned im watering happy frog soil about every 3-4 days ph is 6.5
Gen hydroponics nutes
Per gallon I use. 2ml cal mag
2ml micro
2.5 ml gro
1ml bloom
I thru out all my general hydro nutes ! Every time I fed any of that shit something happened! I’m sure it works for some but in my opinion GARBAGE!

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Well frankly your pictures came up as transplant shock and Aquaman

Well those spots came back as transplant shock, and Aquaman seemed to feel you had root issues as well. Frankly I don't know how you get transplant shock, I've seen it before but I tear my roots apart, I break the soil open to an extent across the whole bottom and sometimes up the sides and I've never had any transplant shock that I can speak of so I don't know?

It might be root damage caused some other way besides the transplant? Did you have issues when transplanting it, or did the transplant go smoothly in your opinion? To me it doesn't look like nute burn, I'm sticking with some type root damage

if you're having other issues why don't you list everything you can think of including your environmental temperatures humidity the light you're using the distance it is from the plants the feed/ppm, pH and everything else you can think of including the strain of the plant
Environmental temp =76°F
Humidity usually =60-70%
Lights are leds =1200 & 600w
Distance= 20-24 inches from canopy
Ph is 6.5
Feeds are per gallon =cal mag 2.5ml
Micro 2ml
Gro 2ml
Bloom 1 ml
Strains are 3 Gelot OG and 2 white widows and one snicklefritz I'm jus growing for fun

The transplant seemed like it went smooth nothing bad happened during it. I shoulda jus grew in coco coir 😩I know jack squat about soil figured I'd give it a try tho

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I still think it has to do with your LEDs being too close. That’s exactly what mine looked like when the leaves were too close to the lamp.
No tacoing on the other leaves or damage that are closer though.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I still think it has to do with your LEDs being too close. That’s exactly what mine looked like when the leaves were too close to the lamp.
That's what I'm hoping for cause it was like instant over night and I thought if it were a deficiency or toxicity in roots it would happen a little slower than overnight lol

Moshmen

Moshmen

Also you mentioned you got them wet I don’t remember what lighting you are usin but nute filled water on leaves can get “burnt” affects quickly , from my own (bad)experience

Moshmen

Moshmen

That's what I'm hoping for cause it was like instant over night and I thought if it were a deficiency or toxicity in roots it would happen a little slower than overnight lol
Oh the light isn’t the only solution this is a combination problem. I’m also with aqua with a root zone issue. From what ? Idk

Top Bottom