I need help guys im stumped.

• Thread starter Ineedheeelp
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I just mainlined and fed while lights were still on and this happened over night. Idk if its light burn or nutrient burn cause everywhere I look ppl say its different things or have no idea. Leaves are very dry and brittle where spots are. No brown anywhere on the leaves just the yellow. It's almost see thru on bottom also

I need help guys im stumped
I need help guys im stumped 2
I need help guys im stumped 3
I need help guys im stumped 4
Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Also I shoulda mentioned im watering happy frog soil about every 3-4 days ph is 6.5
Gen hydroponics nutes
Per gallon I use. 2ml cal mag
2ml micro
2.5 ml gro
1ml bloom

Seraphine

Seraphine

How close are your light? Looks like light burn or pH swings, or both. Either way, not the worst of problems you could have.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Yea I have a decent ph pen. It's been a couple weeks since I calibrated it. I didnt think it needed it that often lol. when i watered tho i did get some on those leaves but i wiped them off an thought they would be ok. So you dont suspect any deficiency? I jus thought it was wierd how its patterned like that.. lights are 20 -24 inches from canopy. 1200 w led and a 600 w led

Seraphine

Seraphine

It’s not pH then. When I get light burn, it looks like that. Light burn is more common with LEDs . I’m not sure why, I just remember reading that when I was researching LEDs. Move the lights up 12” and see how they do.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Also make sure your humidity is in range. 50-60% humidity in veg is ideal.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Also make sure your humidity is in range. 50-60% humidity in veg is ideal.
That reminds me my humidifier was empty last night and I forgot to refill it and I recently installed an exhaust fan cause they were getting pretty loud in my room I think the humidity dropped to like 36% in there. I'll give that a shot thanks for the reassurance!

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

I just mainlined and fed while lights were still on and this happened over night. Idk if its light burn or nutrient burn cause everywhere I look ppl say its different things or have no idea. Leaves are very dry and brittle where spots are. No brown anywhere on the leaves just the yellow. It's almost see thru on bottom also
Did you transplant those recently?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Looks typical of root damage/stress to me. Did you transplant recently? That soil already contains nutrients and you added more. Could very well be the reason. Add low humidity and they will suck up even more and creates more root stress.

Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

Looks typical of root damage/stress to me. Did you transplant recently? That soil already contains nutrients and you added more. Could very well be the reason. Add low humidity and they will suck up even more and creates more root stress.
Yea I transplanted on 11/24/19 but they did perfectly and looked great up until last night after I topped and fed them came back in the morning to check em and bam the yellow was everywhere.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm pretty sure you kinda burnt the roots a bit. You won't need nutrients for a few weeks at least probably longer. As @Seraphine said make sure your humidity stays up. Only water no nutrients.

My next question would be what source water are you using? Well, tap etc. Is there a water softener? Also are using cold or warm water. It should be around room temp or a bit cooler but not cold or warm.

Beachwalker

Beachwalker

Just wanna cover the basic but...

IMHO they are a bit to young to be in happy frog. It's a very hot soil with lots of nutes. You definitely do not want to add more to it.
Certainly they're too young to be fed, but I respectfully disagree that either ffhf or ffof is too hot, I've used ocean Forest close to four years including for seeds and seedlings and I've not had any problems, I suspect people feeding too soon is what causes issues

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Certainly they're too young to be fed, but I respectfully disagree that either ffhf or ffof is too hot, I've used ocean Forest close to four years including for seeds and seedlings and I've not had any problems, I suspect people feeding too soon is what causes issues
Humidity and watering practices play a huge roll in that. That's possibly why you see no issue. I have seen some ppl do well and others cooked. But almost always dark green and over fed.

Edit: looking back at the pics I agree not to young.

Last edited:
Ineedheeelp

Ineedheeelp

I'm pretty sure you kinda burnt the roots a bit. You won't need nutrients for a few weeks at least probably longer. As @Seraphine said make sure your humidity stays up. Only water no nutrients.

My next question would be what source water are you using? Well, tap etc. Is there a water softener? Also are using cold or warm water. It should be around room temp or a bit cooler but not cold or warm.
I'm using room temp ph'd tap water now but I was using only distilled water. I've heard happy frog was pretty hot with nutes also so I added a bunch of perlite to it to help it drain and flush better just as a precaution. So should I try to flush it next watering w just water and only use water for 2 weeks?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm using room temp ph'd tap water now but I was using only distilled water. I've heard happy frog was pretty hot with nutes also so I added a bunch of perlite to it to help it drain and flush better just as a precaution. So should I try to flush it next watering w just water and only use water for 2 weeks?
Just water for several weeks. Can try to flush but not being a soil grower your better of to listen to @Beachwalker as to how to remedy.

I just chimed in because i could tell it's root damage and the likely cause is low humidity with high nutrients.

Top Bottom