i stand corrected, 24 hr veg rules!!

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
M

mrdizzle

get rid of? what are you talking about dude, get a co2 monitor, stick it in your room lights out and see what happens, nothing.

M

Malachi

you must be talking about the Calvin cycle where small amonts of carbon dioxide enter the plants stomata and produce glucose.

Edit: Not saying any light cycle is better than another. I personally prefer 18/6 for veg and 20/4 for cuts.

F

foolsgold

get rid of? what are you talking about dude, get a co2 monitor, stick it in your room lights out and see what happens, nothing.

no need to get salty about it bro. i'm stating what i've been taught by people who know thier shit about plants, and not just cannabis. i've been taught that yes plants do go through a different process at night in which co2 is expelled or released. a co2 monitor not picking up on it could have to do with several different variables. in my opinion 24 hours for vegging isn't necessarily a harmful thing to your plants, but it really ins't beneficial either. they need some kind of dark period even if it is just 3-4 hours.

S

sweetstickylady

When I give my girls a little rest they seem to really take-off!!!!!!!!

S

satyr

Well your bro and the professor at Michigan may be right about it in genral, but it not true for indoor cannabis. If you search some ask Ed (Rosenthal) or Jorge you wil see they strongly recommend you stay on 24/7.

You do get less stretch and more bushy plants, and overall you get faster growth on roots and dry matter in the plant. The argument goes; you may save a little bit on your electricity bill, but your overhead on space rental blows that away.

Whats important for most is the turnaround of the "seed (clone)to harvest" time. You may not get there 1/6 faster thna on 18/6 but 1/7th or 1/8th is worth tslking about.

It all depend of your growing situation. Whats most important your utility bill or turnaround time.

G

ghostfacegrower

24/7 rocks been doing it for 15 yrs with all kinds of strains and never had a problem. it is nice in winter as well. hot summers might change it up. if your doing your job right who cares about electric bill seriously 15 yrs never once was i like omg the electric bill got to save money.

Foolsgold never listen to anything anyone with a degree from michigan has to say. should of known that right when they said you need co2 at night lol. i can listen to a chef tell me how to cook a perfect steak but hands on is what teaches you. as for what happens in nature do you see plants in nature growing in dwc buckets hook up to hi blow 80's and water chillers lol. ok then

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
To each is owns right, sorry satyr but in my experience 24/7 did't make my plants grow faster and as SSLady says they really take off with the dark period. I noticed a difernce with the dark period! No more drop leaf and tired plant. :character0103:

I guess it depend on strains too? idk

But would u live with out a dark period if someone tell u it was good for you? I won't bro... :icon_cookie:

Anyway as i said to each is own and u got to go with what the best for u.

S

satyr

Yeah each man his belief.........I usually notice that they stretch a lot more when the get to sleep.

But stretching is not really what I want.

And honestly...I have never noticed that they should appear less healthy or "tired" because of the 24/7.

In the end, though...you trust in your thing and me, ograskal, ed rosenthal, jorge cervantes and a lot of other oldtime growers all swear to 24/7....it apperars that ograskal were on your side previously, but has now seen the light...so to speak.

He will not be the first neither the last to change his opinion on this matter.

H

Hashshashin

I agree with the above. These arent people educated in the field of science nor botany. their just growers like us with some more years of expereince. I would take anybodys opinion with a grain of salt. I think that plants do need a dark period to respire and expend some of the energy that they've been producing and storing. No one says you cant veg under 24/7, i just think theres a time and place for it i.e cloning.

sedate

sedate

I don't think this thread will reach a concensus position on this topic.

sweetsticklylady said:
When I give my girls a little rest they seem to really take-off!!!!!!!!

TheCoolestMan said:
To each is owns right, sorry satyr but in my experience 24/7 did't make my plants grow faster and as SSLady says they really take off with the dark period. I noticed a difernce with the dark period! No more drop leaf and tired plant.

I guess it depend on strains too? idk

My experience is largely that of the above:

All my plants grow a bit quicker and look a little happier with a dark-cycle.

I've had several sativa and sativa-dominant hybrid strains that will not fucking grow without a dark cycle - but that's never happened with my indica's or indica dominant hybrids -

A White Widow cut and an Afghan Flame cut that I had awhile back absolutely would not grow without a dark cycle.

satyr said:
Well your bro and the professor at Michigan may be right about it in genral, but it not true for indoor cannabis.

Um. Cannabis is a rather predictable, fast growing annual.

Other than the unusual vigor the species displays, cannabis is a rather pedestrian plant.

TheCoolestMan

TheCoolestMan

Premium Member
Supporter
Growing a cut under 24/7 and growing a seeds aren"t the same! And satyr, u have to do it because ur experience prooved to u that it was better not because ed or george told u so, thats what i meant and in my case dark period worked better!...

F

foolsgold

it really does just boil down to what works for you. whatever gets that bud in your bowl

R

radical farmer

I don't think this thread will reach a concensus position on this topic.

My experience is largely that of the above:

All my plants grow a bit quicker and look a little happier with a dark-cycle.

I've had several sativa and sativa-dominant hybrid strains that will not fucking grow without a dark cycle - but that's never happened with my indica's or indica dominant hybrids -

A White Widow cut and an Afghan Flame cut that I had awhile back absolutely would not grow without a dark cycle.

Um. Cannabis is a rather predictable, fast growing annual.

Other than the unusual vigor the species displays, cannabis is a rather pedestrian plant.

Funny you should mention this, I forgot all about this. I have a buddy that tried growing out a pure sativa haze, he gave her 24/7 MH light. All the other plants (indica dom) in his closet were growing pretty well and decent. This haze would hardly even do anything! I gave him this cut, so I grew it out fine without a hitch. But for some reason his did not like it at all. Even when he put it into flower, it took like 8-9 weeks to even START showing pistils! He really fucked it up. It could, of course, have been other problems, but it was just really crazy. He ended up cutting it with no flowers really on it, because he was tired of waiting and had to get more in. Thats the only time I've ever seen that, and that was the only sativa he's ever grown.

F

foolsgold

so maybe it can be strain dependent, but either way i will still give my veg period at least 4 hours darkness.

Stinkyguy420

Stinkyguy420

Im LMAO just picked up on this thread and thanks for the humor happy easter :damnhippie: But for real ive got my plant under 2x125watt cfl 24hr veg and im thinking about giving these babys some darkness:dance but what would be the best way to keep from flipping to soon ??Will this cause my babys to flower when switched out of 24??
How do i post my grow too??

D

Dubwobble

I keep my clones under T5's for 24 hours.

I keep my moms at 18 hours.

It saves me 1/4 of my electricty bill. Thats the only advantage I see, but it is a big one

=)

R

radical farmer

Your veging under t-5's how much could that cost? :)

Every penny counts though! Even if it's a couple bucks off my electric bill, thats still a couple extra bucks in my pocket.

Top Bottom