i stand corrected, 24 hr veg rules!!

• Thread starter OGKuShSAL
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

Th3Jungl3Boy

Very simple guys. If you have a kid, let the fucker awake for 24hrs during a week & tell me if he is doing well ;)

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Yeah, and I'm guessing your kid can go without eating human foods? Just give him some sunlight and water....if so, you got one cool kid!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

24 hrs 4 me I push my girls very hard they don't get 2 sleep till they get big..

I

Indicas4me

I use 24/7 veg and definitively want to use this cycle with seedlings to start off with.You do not want any stretch at all when they start or you will have weak stems.

D

driftin

Hmmm i think everyone will have pro's and cons about light cycles .. everyone has their own preference .. i use a totally different cycle .. used to be called gaslight .. 12 hrs on 5.5 off 1 hr on and 5.5 off .. never did me wrong ... plants do well and change over to flower a lot faster .. but like i said .. to each their own

... happy growin

M

MostlyStoned

Foolsgold says:
btw i get my info from a professor in horticulter, and a brother with a bachelor degree in turf and soil science from michigan state. where do you get your info from?
Ok, I do realize that the above comment is 8 yrs old, I just find it too funny/telling to ignore the fact that this dude, who is very convinced of his righteousness, can't even Spell "Horticulture" correctly . It's also great that your brother has a bachelor's degree in turf & soil science, it really is, I'm just not seeing how turf /soil are telling us about cannabis light cycles. Sorry man, I couldn't resist.

M

MostlyStoned

Very simple guys. If you have a kid, let the fucker awake for 24hrs during a week & tell me if he is doing well ;)
Yeah, & make sure that you're not overwatering that fucker either, you know how anxious an overwatered kid can be.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
I see very few similarities between plants and humans. Plants just stand there. lol.

NGA

NGA

There are reasons for 24 hr light ,the number one reason is way faster growth,cloning I like 24 hr ,been growing for quite awhile ,I don't do the things people do while cloning ,I keep things simple and that's best

N

Nthngmn2

I can count to silver. ..., Drr... Lol....Lol each their own, what ever works best where in nature is it light for 24 hours ? Besides your veg rooms? Grow well all

G gnome

G gnome

I can count to silver. ..., Drr... Lol....Lol each their own, what ever works best where in nature is it light for 24 hours ? Besides your veg rooms? Grow well all
Ye actually, in some places it is light for 24hrs a day at times

P

PharmHand

There are reasons for 24 hr light ,the number one reason is way faster growth
Maybe in an underlit/non co2 supplemented veg room. Try it in a dialed in veg room and your plants will actually grow slower, and look like shit within a week. DLI- daily light integral is a pretty well researched subject; plants can only EFFICIENTLY use so much light a day. More isn’t always better

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
From my personal experience, plants manufacture their energy via photosynthesis, during the daylight hours...they need the light to make energy. During the night, the plants grow and use up some of this energy...plus the plants slightly stretch during the dark period. If you run 24 for vegging, the plants will be more compact and probably shorter. I don't think it really hurts the plant, but it doesn't get the chance to stretch out quite as normally as it would. I've been growing for over 30 years and this is my observations. Take note if your lights don't come on for a day or two...your plants will snake out in all directions "looking" for light.
I think it's a matter of preference. Remember...Alaska gets a LOT of light for a couple of months during the summer, so 24 hour cycles aren't unheard of for a few months...about the time a grow takes!

Reactions: NGA
P

PharmHand

The sun doesn’t set set in the summer months near the north and South Pole but it’s not bright sunshine more like twilight as it circles the horizon. @Jimster when vegging under 24h light how much light intensity are the plants receiving and is there co2 supplementation? What I’ve seen in many different veg rooms of various sizes and designs is when vegging under cmh or 1k HPS or mh @35+ w/sqft and getting co2 supp (6-800ppm)the plants leaves will begin to droop at around 14 hours of intense light. When the leaves droop it’s an indication that the stomata are closing and not assimilating co2 at a sufficient rate to justify blasting them with more light, wasting power. Continuing to do that for prolonged periods will cause a jam up of unprocessed sugars causing purple stems and massively slowed foliage and root growth. After 7-10 days in those conditions plants will start to look like shit. I’ve hD good results vegging in flip flop rooms getting 12 hours of intense light and 12 hours of low light overhead fluorescent lights ;as good as 18 hours intense light 6dark. But they have that 12 hours of downtime to slow down and process the sugars they’ve made. They droop during that period even tho they’re still getting light. Different strains can handle more or less before showing stress but they all grow faster w a rest in demanding conditions. Vegging under t-5s no additional co2 they can handle 24h no problem it’s only when pushed hard they show issues from my experience

Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey

Premium Member
Supporter
Everything needs rest. My experience a 18/6 was perfect and plants were happy. Much prefer a happy plant vs a stressed one.

NGA

NGA

IMG 1505
24 hr light works well it's a matter of getting thing right been pissing around with this for many years I grow for the love of it more than anything,hell I hardly even smoke much anymore ,little pic of some shit I got rolling right now I use no ph or nute devices just hit 5 weeks nothing great ,trying some new strains

Top Bottom