I Want To See A Grow Before I Help Anyone

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
geologic

geologic

Old Pharmer
Supporter
It's prolly a conspiracy so I really can't say much on the subject .. My lips are sealed
Thanks for your <cutsie> reply to a serious question.

I've been on (non Cannabis) Bulletin Boards since 1986,
and one of the worst Internet crimes has always been hysterical, er--
historical revisionism...
... so thanks also for letting me know that if I was to read one of your threads;
I would be required to keep a copy of everything--
just to know just exactly what censorship you are engaging in presently...

Ned Kelly

Ned Kelly

I could be in both, lol
If you haven't killed a lot of plants you haven't done your homework
Fuck man, there was no internet when I started doing this shit
thanks to the internet ive managed to pull plants back from the brink . but cause i grow od mainly until now im probably less inclined to disasters that can be fatal.

Billyboat

Billyboat

I gotta say @Billyboat I appreciate your thread on IC, its killer work, and you're a stand up dude, but damn I mustve been wearing your patience thin with all my questions... Hope you didn't think I wasn't a newbie just throwin questions at ya, just wanted to up my coco game after coming from dirt for a long time.. You sure do seem more easygoin here

All is gravy!! I'm a pretty easy going guy when it comes to life (and I don't even medicate, well once in a blue moon), but I'm a total Nazi when it comes to my grow rooms, if its worth doing, its worth doing right. I've half assed too many projects in the past!

All you fellows over 50 have some years on me! All I'll say about that! I have much respect to all you older gentlemen.

Cheers

Skoosh

Skoosh

As far as 'old fucks' go, I'll still rip your fucking face off with my low frequencies:
(1st pic, about 10 years ago, second pic from (I think) '85, or '86)
I've experienced THREE strokes, and THAT motivated me to resume playing electric bass guitar AND drums (And I ain't no slouch at either!)
I picked my bass up after my initial diagnosis of three previous strokes, and quite honestly I had a SERIOUS emotional/mental breakdown at my new (lack of ) ability.
But what REALLY happened was it became my impetus to pull my bass out of it's case (which I had placed it in the night before, in admittance of defeat) and I woke up TWO HOURS BEFORE SUNRISE to prove EVERYONE wrong!
(My sweetie 'Shar' pulled her old metronome out of the book case and placed it on my desk, no words, nothing, just quiet... (I have a problem getting the words out of my brain as a result of the ischemic attacks (strokes) quiet confidence/support of my trying to start from 'square one' and concentrate on doing a simple major scale in repetition.

(No, I'm not playing ANYTHING like Geddy, or Stanley (Clark) at this point, but I am RIPPING FACE on AC/DC, Grand Funk Railroad, Black Sabbath, in other words, the music and musicians who've inspired me to become better at my craft in the first place, 40 years ago.)(HOLY FUCK! 43 years ago was when I first picked up an electric bass guitar)

I've also resumed target shooting, which (for anyone who knows me personally) knows the mental hopscotch I had to play in my mind simply to walk into a public range once again (now three times in the past two weeks)

and I MUST commend the owner of '5280 armory' (Len, I believe his name is) and the young man who was R.S.O. (Range Safety Officer) for seeing my 'minor' freak out at someone popping magnum rounds off next to me.)
Youngster (RSO) went out and got the owner, Len.
Len, walked up to me, and asked if he could put his arm on my shoulder, then proceeded to 'talk me down' by commenting on how WELL I was doing for 'someone who's experienced what I have'
(Not a discussion for a pot forum, but MANY people bet money I'd never, NEVER set foot in a public range ever again.)
I MOST CERTAINLY have some brain damage (RE: aim) but I ain't no slouch either.

RE: Music, what I'm noticing MOST is that I have a tendency to 'lead the note' on long repetitions. (I hit early on long staccato repetitions.)
What I'm getting at is THEE most WRONG thing you can EVER say to me is 'you'll never be able to do THAT (insert ANY challenge here) ever again.
I'll prove you wrong, or die trying. (I meant that in a determination kind of way, not a homicidal way.)

(Although YOU deal with a neurologist telling you to 'make sure your affairs are in order')
Those words are BEYOND sobering...
@Shamus & @rubthe nub:
Thank you BOTH for reconsidering. I follow you both, and would miss your contributions, a great deal.
As I said, (and I'm not kissing @logic's ass (although I probably would if asked)
THIS forum IS THEE SHIZNET in regards to growers who are PASSIONATE at their craft.
I like the idea of giving out this information for free, yet @Shamus brought an extremely valid point about (what I referred to) as 'minute millionaires) (I was a stock broker (trading pit) for over 25 years, so I know of that which I speak of, QUITE LITERALLY.)

But so many VERY valid points have been brought up in this thread that I commend you (@Shamus) for starting it, whatever your initial intent. (And I DO TOTALLY agree with your point)

(Like I said bro, if I may be so bold as to refer to you as my brother. do what I do, when you log in check the 'stay logged in box' and type your reply, then let it 'distill' for an hour or so before hitting 'Post Reply' (I've deleted THOUSANDS of words, simply because a lot of the time I'm personally threatening LEO to 'come and get me' sort of thing, since I simply don't give a fuck anymore, and I'm BEYOND dangerous. (Like 6 years ago when my (ex) wife called the cops on me and 37 armed LEO (with laser sighted M4's showed up in response)
(In their words' Dude, you should feel honored, we've got you 37 to 1 and we STILL don't feel those odds are in OUR favor.' (All I wanted was my fucking dog 'Buddy Nuggs')
(I lost count after counting 7 red dots on my chest, but as I just said, all I wanted was my dog, Buddy, and it cost me a part of my cranium to lose him.)
(Buddy Nuggs was simply THEE BEST dog I've ever had the good fortune of having in my life, and losing him almost killed me.

(Hey Elkie, in case YOU'RE reading this, loosing Buddy was probably my first stroke.)
(I'm also VERY sorry to hear about your 2014, dude, VERY sorry.)
(Sounds like Blackhawk Drive had a bad year overall.)

I don't say this shit to suck my own dick, it's EXTREMELY sobering to look out and see your entire metropolitan police force coming AT YOU IN MORTAL FEAR FOR THEIR LIVES!

There I PROMISE no more biography about me, it'll scare too many people off.)
I am glad though that this seems to be being worked out though, thank you one and all!
Sk
;-)_~~
(Joe)

417192 120678351388946 100003403460857 100235 228468310 n
396345 110291242427657 100003403460857 57664 753048002 n

Buddy Nuggs:
Buddy nugs2 2

Last edited:
Skoosh

Skoosh

Yeah, you got diapers on? (Mine would LITERALLY make you shit your pants)
Like the time I was working on the stir pump for my 10k gal water tank, and didn't hear the DEA chopper round the hill, so I look up from the top of a ladder to see the black chopper with D.E.A. on the side, all I could think of was a neighbor's kid who flipped them off.
They 'accidentely' dropped something so they could land and 'have a look around' (Next day chipper/shredder showed up)
So with that fresh in my memory, I put my hand to my heart and saluted the pilot.
He touch his hand to his heart then saluted me back, then proceeded to go to the COMPLETE OTHER SIDE OF MY VALLEY for the rest of the season.
(On a calm day I could hear the ignition bell dinging in the chopper BEFORE the motor even started) so I must have had my head FAR up my ass to not hear him until he was 200feet out looking me in the eyes.
Respect can take you a long, long distance, as I found out that year.

Last edited:
Skoosh

Skoosh

Or Ed Rosenthal's first experience with BHO (1997) and his wife screaming at me that I laced the hash with 'something'
(I simply replied (as Katt Williams described) 'No, he' just had WAY MORE THC all at once than he's probably EVER consumed.)
Pi-R-Squared, you wanna tell the story of how you met me at the door of 'Jamaca II' and let me eat 5,000mgs of cookies, before 'sub' walked up, realized I ate three of the cookies, and proceeded to take me to his couch, where I spent the next 4 hours 'being the entertainment' (Tripping FACE!)?

Or the fact my back office earned the nickname 'sweaty faced hit lounge' after the THIRD person fell over and broke their nose.
Seriously, I've got a million of these, and I swear on my children NONE of it is bullshit.
(My 83 year old neighbor, who lived QUITE the life of his own, used to say I lived TEN of his lives, and I NEED to write my autobiography before I DO actually die*)
(*Note: I'm fairly convinced that I'm too stupid and stubborn to die)

Skoosh

Skoosh

Pick a tune, any tune (as long as it's Supernaut!)
"I wanna reach out, and touch the sky
I wanna touch the sky but I don't need to fly...'

Actually, I cut my thumb pretty bad the other day playing with a DULL knife and some 'people proof' plastic on a pistol cleaning kit (What's more dangerous than a sharp knife? a DULL knife)
Not trying to give you an excuse, but I seriously could've used 7-8 sutures... Which I treated in PURE mountain biker fashion (band aid & duct tape)
So it's gonna be a week or so before I even ATTEMPT to pick up my bass again (just loading the dishwasher I broke it open again twice, it's at that 3-4 day SUPER SENSITIVE stage.)

But FOR REAL, 'Geezer' is my MAIN MAN.
(Well Terry (Geezer) Butler, and Mel Schacher (Grand Funk) are who/what taught me the absolute power of the bass guitar (especially pumped through a couple Ampeg SVT's on '11') can do to people.

Like I grew up realizing... Women respond to BASS!
But for real, when I picked my bass back up, it was just after reading that it was Tony Iommi's 68th birthday, so I gave 'Sweet leaf' a try and VIOLA! I nailed it!
SO I tried 'After Forever' and once again, I nailed it.

That's when I realized I had to go ALL the way back to square one (11 years old for me) and play 'less technical' stuff than say YYZ by Rush. (Still a ways off, but 'soon come, mon' as they say in Jamaica.)
(I could play that, or 'La Villa' in my sleep 'once upon a time')

But for the third song I tried, I played 'Inside Looking Out' by G.F.R. (GOD LIKE BASS, especially that ending stanza with all the 'glisses (glissandos) (slides)
(Basically the entire bass line to 'Supernaut' is one entire 'gliss')
(LOL, I've sprained my neck playing that song live, Geezer was THEE FIRST 'head banger' in history, as well as one of my MAIN influences as an electric bass guitarist.

Shit, now you've got me jonesing to listen to some Sabbath and G.F.R. but it's too late here to be pumping out 120-130 db, so that means I have to wear headphones, and I've worn them SO MUCH in my life I simply HATE THEM!
But (seeing as 'Supernaut is cranking in my headphones right now, obviously not enough to NOT wear them!)
I need to get a mixer to run my amp into AND mix music with (I have about 500k 'albums' (two FULL one TB HDD's of F.L.A.C.)
So, on the plus side, I've probably got any album you could think of in F.L.A.C. (for real, I listen to everything from Classical, Jazz (REAL jazz in addition to fusion) Blues, and (obviously SUPER hard rock/heavy metal (as long as it's got musical merit, I'll listen to it.)

I like LOTS and LOTS of super aggressive music (EG: Freak Kitchen, System Of A Down, Pantera, Hed P.E. (Higher Education, Planet Earth) and I even like (old OLD skool) rap (Grandmaster Flash, but mainly for Doug Wimbish) (Listen to the bass line in 'New York New York' (Big city of dreams, but everything in New York ain't always what it seems...')
But I digress (I do that a LOT lately)
Geezer/Terry & Mel were my first two 'idols' (and I've had the good fortune to meet and party with them both. (as well as a SHIT TON of other 'rock stars' (They ALL liked my weed just fine and dandy!)

Top Bottom