I Want To See A Grow Before I Help Anyone

• Thread starter Shamus
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Its great to see the bond fellow growers have and the way this thread started out earlier today and the way it worked itself out. You are all a bunch of stand up dudes in my book. Peace

Skoosh

Skoosh

Eh, so much for the 'time off' (Translation: I tore my thumb open twice tonight, I simply can NOT listen to music and have my bass nearby. It 'magically' jumps into my hands, then I turn my amp on, and... 'it is on!' (Meaning I turn 'off' my brain to outside influences, and when I 'come back to earth' (as it were) I 'all of a sudden' have wounds on my person.
I REALLY get that DEEPLY into the music I'm playing!
I guess that's why it always felt comfortable to call myself an artist. (Or be in a room with 5,000 people looking at me, and not freaking the fuck out.)

(One of the freakiest realizations was one night, I had a few thousand people worked up, and I realized if I had pointed at the door and shouted KILL, they would have.

I can't even imagine that on a U2 or Aerosmith level (30k-40k ppl)

Or other bands like say... System Of A Down, where the crowd is amped the fuck UP, before you even hit the stage.
(SOAD is probably my favorite new-ish (hard) rock band (their (Serj & Darron's) lyrics are FAR BEYOND poignant & relevant.
Their 'back line' (Bass & Drums) are 'far beyond driven'

I've been using a lot of their music (playing both the bass, and drums) to several of their more 'popular' tunes in my rehabilitation. (Specifically, 'Toxicity' & 'Bring Your Own Bombs' and I REALLY like playing drums to 'Toxicity'
Anyway, back to reality... (I can't even 'air drum to anything like that, this late... the pedal noise gets my 'puppy' (Rexxie, 100# G.S.) all worked up (He COMPLETELY looses his mind when I actually play the acoustic drums at volume.
(OK, back to CURRENT reality:
I played all the I.J. (Itchin' Jenny) stuff that I uploaded, and 'Electrified' is a bitch! (Especially playing for the first time since I recorded it in 99)
(Another problem is the way I play the ending stanza, I make the strings sound by pounding the body of my bass with my right fist, which hurt my right wrist pretty badly, also)(Boo hoo, poor me, I know, LOL)

(Oh, and ABSOLUTELY SUCKING on bass doesn't help much either.)

(I REALLY REALLY have timing problems, I lead the notes WAY too much, and I even frustrated the f**k out of myself by playing to the aforementioned metronome for about 90 minutes.
(the most frustrating invention EVER, so absolutely unforgiving!)
Also, speaking of 'unforgiving' this insomnia (caused by my hyper tension (high blood pressure/heart disease) means I only get sleep when I take...) (I forget what 'they' gave me for sleep, but unless I take it at 8-9pm I feel way to groggy the next morning, and I'm more into WANTING TO FEEL EVERYTHING now rather than medicate ANYTHING away anymore.
(for real, I haven't even done a dab so far this week, and now it's technically Friday, so all week long, no THC.)

I guess that's what this 1/2 lb of 'Black & White' & bong I have sitting beside me are for...DUH!
(I have no idea what 'Black & White is, other than the 'white' is white widow, but it cured up rather nicely. (I initially dismissed it, but got 'stuck' with it, so now it's my personal smoke.)
But like I said, I have no idea where the 'black' part came from, maybe I'll start playing rap music, or some other such nonsense. (sarcasm)
Gonna do a few bings for all of us on this 'farm'
There, this thread feels 'kinda' back to normal, somewhat.
(NOTE: if you're looking for perfect harmony, maybe forums on the 'inter-googles' ain't for you.)
(LOL, or just read my signature... THAT'S about the most poignant line I've ever read.)
(Yet, I forgot who I stole it from! dammit!)
Sk
;-)_~~

P.S.
I guess all I need is a 1/4" mono (guitar) plug into a USB, looks like G.C. (Guitar (Rip-Off) Center has them for about $30-$40, I'll get one over the weekend, then I'll figure out how to combine everything with my web cam, although I HATE those kind of videos on YOO-TOOB (I'm a sound purist, so anything LESS then F.L.A.C. quality pisses me off.)
(Mainly because more likely than not I have an actual F.L.A.C. of what I'm listening to on there.)

Sk
;-)_~~
(Sorry about the re editing the edit, somehow the text doubled itself. (I did it, just don't remember how, DUH!)

Last edited:
MrBelvedere

MrBelvedere

Patchouli never hurt nobody

Skoosh

Skoosh

Ok, Now I'm all 21st century (albeit 15 years late...translation: I'm using my tablet...AWAY from tobacco!)
Now I need to learn how to use this thing, then turn my monster box into a file serve/share then figure out how to control this whole mess from my smart TV (and living room surround sound)
Wow, kinda cool. If only I didn't suspect all of this shit of spying on me (lol)
Sk
;-)_~~

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
group hugs are over rated - invariably somebody will smell like pechuli oil
Pff. Curmudgeon. You're just jelly cuz you want hugs of your own. :p
Patchouli never hurt nobody
It used to be my favorite fragrance. A HS friend, who later went on to do particular 'movies' (more like Betamax videos) once told me I smelled like dirt. I thought it was perfect.

Top Bottom