IceProbe Thermoelectric Aquarium Chiller

• Thread starter heavydutykevork
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

Janus

Boro, as I stated, the Ice Probe that I used was useless. 6 gallons in an ez cloner, 80 degree air, 83 degree water. Solution was not able to cool a single degree. I threw the damn thing away along with the bubbler I cut a hole in...

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Janus here is what I noticed with ez cloners the room or cloner has to be on a cold ass floor or a room thats cool I now a room thats a little warm is great for clones and veg but with the ez cloner it has to be in a cool room to work and be on a timer like 3 on 5 off cuz the motor in those things get very warm like u know already. So i was going to insulate my rez's keep my room at 72 and have my pumps on 3 on 5 off timers and see if it works with the chillers of course:wondering. HDK

L

Lost

Just a bit of advice, find a 2-3 hundred dollar chiller. Flip you next crop for one if you have to, but a chiller is a must, especially where I live..

stickyicky

stickyicky

NICE...Thanks Boro good read I still have them on the way so I will still try them. I'm goin to keep my room at 72 and water at 69 so we will see and I will def keep u posted also goin to get a camera today so I can take some pics of the room. HDK

Get 2- they're small.

Chillers
H

hclip

NICE...Thanks Boro good read I still have them on the way so I will still try them. I'm goin to keep my room at 72 and water at 69 so we will see and I will def keep u posted also goin to get a camera today so I can take some pics of the room. HDK

Any update? I've been thinking of using two of these in a 15 gal coleman cooler for a rez. I figure the cooler should let me be able to reach a cooler temp and keep it if need be.

heavydutykevork

heavydutykevork

Premium Member
Supporter
Have not put them in yet had not needed to. I used this some installation wrap from home depot its shiny silver and works great i put in about 60 water goes to about 69 70 but then again it has been cooler out so we will see in the summer months. Peace HDK

Top Bottom