Ideal temps and RH for clones

• Thread starter Akabudz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Akabudz

Akabudz

Hi all, as title, ideal temps and RH for clones?
And how often to spray them?
Thanks

BigCube

BigCube

Anywhere above 20c and below 28c is a good range. They prefer around 25 or 26, but it isnt crucial. Humidity anywhere from 40 to 70 is fine, it's also not critical.

I clone in my veg tent, it's about 45% RH and 25c. Spray them only once and put domes on them to prevent them from drying out. After 2 or 3 days the domes come off and I water them like any other plant. That is to say, once the medium drys enough to need watering.

I've been led to believe I'm special. Most people seem to have much more trouble than I do cloning. I've even been called a liar from those who dont believe me.... so take that as you will 🤣

Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

welcome to the farm,
generally for the seedling stage / clone stage, you want higher temps and humidity.
75-80 f, and 80-85% rH.
I spray once sometimes twice a day.
Good luck and happy grows.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks Aqua Man, OK should I vent dome a little to dry leaves off?
Personally I just feel spraying them increases the chance of PM or other simply because there is no air movement. It doesn't mean you will get it but it does increase the risk. If they are in 80% humidity they will get moisture from the air and actually slow transpiration reducing the amount of water lost. Once they have roots they can pull moisture from the root so the dome is not needed.

At 80f the metabolism is sped up and they root faster in my experience.

Just my reasons and opinion but that doesn't make it right or a must. Just what I found to work best.

Akabudz

Akabudz

Thanks bro, it's been almost 20 years since I did clones lol, my memory not quite as good as it used to be 👍
The jiffy pellets I use have a light like bag round them. Will the roots break through this?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Thanks bro, it's been almost 20 years since I did clones lol, my memory not quite as good as it used to be 👍
The jiffy pellets I use have a light like bad round them. Will the roots break through this?
Yeah no problem they rip right through it. One really important factor is make sure the jiffy pellet is tight to the stem... super important in success rates.

Akabudz

Akabudz

I did notice they were a little. Loose as I pushed them. In, I will use a bamboo stick and make sure stems sit snug 👍 thanks again bro

Akabudz

Akabudz

Hi all, Day 4 of them being in the propergator, some leaves are turning a little light, what and how is a feed recomended if needed?
Thanks

Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

be patient. as long as the leaves dont all wither and die, good signs that the cuttings may be taking root.

i took clones over winter, in less than 'ideal' conditions - close to 100% strike rate. better the conditions, probably root quicker. for me, the roots comes out of their small rockwool cubes between 5 to 10 days from their cuttings.

i don't bother checking on the the roots of such cuttings - i can see first see the leaves stay green & healthy, then i can see the green new stem growth & when i transplant, full of roots.

oh, with the DWC try to take monitor her roots more regularly.

humidity, lighting, temperatures - yes. all that, and good drainage of the grow medium.

Akabudz

Akabudz

Thanks bro,
The fan leaves are yellowing in places, however the centre of the cut is bright green. No drooping as of yet so not bad news yet.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

keep light low. Sounds like they maybe working to hard trying to photosynthesize. Hard to tell without pics. They don't need much light at all and once they have roots 100-150ppm generally most tap water will do them for aboit the first 10 days no problem.

Akabudz

Akabudz

Here we go 👍 any advice appreciated on how they are looking, 6 days in, vent now open half way, have also took cfl lights up another 6 inches, they are now approx 20 inches from the dome.

IMG 20200902 150356
IMG 20200902 150234
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Here we go 👍 any advice appreciated on how they are looking, 6 days in, vent now open half way, have also took cfl lights up another 6 inches, they are now approx 20 inches from the dome.
Yeah they look fine bro. Generally I try to keep 3-4 leaves most on the clones
They look perfectly fine bro. Totally normal

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom