Idiots guide to Cannabinoids

• Thread starter Spelczk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Spelczk

Spelczk

(Mod: I'm new to site so if this is in wrong place please feel free to move.)

Hi All,

I've been looking at basic information on the effects of different cannabioids. I am looking to buy my first CBD strain and want one with high concentration of many cannabinoids. I do not need it to have too high THC.

If anyone has any helpful tips links or recommendations please reply.
Happy growing!!

During my googling I Found a great article on line

https://www.green-flower.com/articles/128/beginners-guide-to-cannabinoids?lgf=true

Spelczk

Spelczk

7 cannabinoids listed in the 1st article linked which give a bit more detail than the "wheel" diagrams and easy for me to toggle between.

THCA is the acidic parent of THC found in the raw cannabis plant. When exposed to heat, sunlight, or time, the THCA in the harvested plant will convert to THC.
THCA is non-psychoactive and is particularly useful for reducing nausea, reducing seizures, reducing muscle spasms, and fighting tumor and cancer cells.

CBDA is the acidic parent of CBD found in raw plant. CBDA converts to CBD when it is exposed to heat, sunlight, or time.
Like THCA, CBDA is non-psychoactive. CBDA is also great for reducing nausea, reducing inflammation, and fighting tumor and cancer cells.

CBN is a breakdown product of THC.
As harvested cannabis ages, THC will gradually be converted to CBN.
CBN is known to be particularly useful for aiding sleep, and also good for reducing pain and muscle spasms.

CBGA is actually the precursor molecule that is turned into THCA and CBDA as the cannabis plant develops, so it is found only in tiny amounts in the mature plant.
In the harvested plant, remaining CBGA converts to CBG with exposure to air and light.

CBG is useful as an antidepressant, a muscle relaxant, an antibiotic and antifungal agent, and as a blood pressure reducer.

CBC is also found only in tiny amounts in the cannabis plant. CBC has pain reducing, anti-inflammatory, antibiotic, antifungal, and anti-cancer effects.

THCV does have psychoactive properties, but much less than THC.
THCV has been found to suppress appetite and can aid weight loss, and also has antiseizure effect.

Along the way I hope to find out more about terpinoids and flavinoids and how they all interact.

11PLUe6NdETsirqg7Y9Hkf Cannabinoid Wheel Final   English 1
1 V17s2B2poxzwAhop3DxB0w
Last edited:
Spelczk

Spelczk

SeaFour made a post on the "breeders lab" section (here on the farm)with a good detailed list of cannabinoids & terpenes. Well worth a read.
It the top sticky when you go to breeders lab.

K

Kot

Just know that most of the high CBD strains are not high in CBD. One honest breeder says that one of many seeds can have high CBD content while others don't. And there was video on youtube that tested 5 high CBD strains and none had CBD.

Spelczk

Spelczk

Thanks K, Good point. I had settled on CBD Crew or House of the great gardener as they seem to have good track records with CBD. Just deciding what strain?!!! I think it will be cbd René. Humulene is the major terp.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Anyone growing any high THCV??
I’ve got a Durban cross cbd cross gsc s1 going haven’t flowered it yet but looking forward to see what the levels come out to

Spelczk

Spelczk

Good call Jack. Not much chatter on thcv anywhere. The possible appetite suppression aspect would make it a wet dream for big Ag/Pharm. Not much chatter comes out of labs or breeders either. I will hit up a couple of small growers on IG who get their flowers tested and feed back anything.

Spelczk

Spelczk

Good call Jack. Not much chatter on thcv anywhere. The possible appetite suppression aspect would make it a wet dream for big Ag/Pharm. Not much chatter comes out of labs or breeders either. I will hit up a couple of small growers on IG who get their flowers tested and feed back anything.
The grower on IG had no input re: growing a strain for thcv. Can't find any grows with that specific aim but tga subcool's jack the ripper is ? 5% and they have the best grower focused website so maybe an email or DM might yield a nugget of info on grow tips.
Also maybe just start a thread with thcv in the title. This thread doesn't get much action.

shaganja

shaganja

working on a thcv strain also! starting with black willie, from reeferman. thcv carrier. had a chance to have some pakistani peshewar, (sailor jerry!) and it also carried black willies lemongrass flavor. it also felt very similar to the willie. am running both now, and will be adding a land durban, cannabiogen, mekanika haze from plantformers, wild thailand, from ace, and malawi gold from the real seed company. ace also has a malawi i think. when we get em all done, gonna speed em up with another project utilizing the iraninan from dr. greenthumb, and sinai, and a turk landrace from real seed company. these are all fast landraces. i hope we will have a mind blower!!!! p.s. there are dark phenos from a few of these plants. it will have some bag apeal too! thcv lover!

Spelczk

Spelczk

working on a thcv strain also! starting with black willie, from reeferman. thcv carrier. had a chance to have some pakistani peshewar, (sailor jerry!) and it also carried black willies lemongrass flavor. it also felt very similar to the willie. am running both now, and will be adding a land durban, cannabiogen, mekanika haze from plantformers, wild thailand, from ace, and malawi gold from the real seed company. ace also has a malawi i think. when we get em all done, gonna speed em up with another project utilizing the iraninan from dr. greenthumb, and sinai, and a turk landrace from real seed company. these are all fast landraces. i hope we will have a mind blower!!!! p.s. there are dark phenos from a few of these plants. it will have some bag apeal too! thcv lover!
Thorough plan S,l I've followed you now just to keep abrest of your efforts. Good luck.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
What sort of THCV concentrations are you aiming to get??

Spelczk

Spelczk

Does anyone think Thcv should get a post to itself? You guys know a thing or two and I don't want to take attention off of other Thcv specific posts/thread like 'Thcv, come now' for all I know gnomad could still be working on an update?!

Maybe just a title with Zero ambiguity. Like : Thcv

Just a fresh start to help you guys who are and will be putting real time work and effort.

shaganja

shaganja

for sure! this is new, but when thcv takes off, we will have another cbd type exitement in the market! so if the market starts pushing for thcv, we need some strains!! its gonna take off like charlottes web!

shaganja

shaganja

What sort of THCV concentrations are you aiming to get??
looking for two types. wanna do a medical, hight thcv, but low thc. and wanna do a recreational strain. high thc, and high thcv. i think the rec. strain is gonna blow ppl. away! these kush fans might not like it. too much sativa for the head! lol i know these take time, but have decided to put my energy to a task instead of looking for thc and flavor. so many farmers putting out 30+ thc wow! thats cool and all, but without the rest of these cannabinoids, we are cheating ourselves of different ways this plant can make us feel! how cool would it be, that you burn first thing in the morning (for us all dayer's) is so clear and up beat, and euphoric, without any paranoia, and is social! doesnt make you shy away from conversation throughout your day. and the ability to do tasks like math while high on it! this would be the mecical strain. the recreational strain would have to come with warnings! like dont operate heavy machinery while on it! lol

shaganja

shaganja

Thanks K, Good point. I had settled on CBD Crew or House of the great gardener as they seem to have good track records with CBD. Just deciding what strain?!!! I think it will be cbd René. Humulene is the major terp.
dinafem has a stabilized cbd plant. thc always low, and cbd always high.

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
looking for two types. wanna do a medical, hight thcv, but low thc. and wanna do a recreational strain. high thc, and high thcv. i think the rec. strain is gonna blow ppl. away! these kush fans might not like it. too much sativa for the head! lol i know these take time, but have decided to put my energy to a task instead of looking for thc and flavor. so many farmers putting out 30+ thc wow! thats cool and all, but without the rest of these cannabinoids, we are cheating ourselves of different ways this plant can make us feel! how cool would it be, that you burn first thing in the morning (for us all dayer's) is so clear and up beat, and euphoric, without any paranoia, and is social! doesnt make you shy away from conversation throughout your day. and the ability to do tasks like math while high on it! this would be the mecical strain. the recreational strain would have to come with warnings! like dont operate heavy machinery while on it! lol
I’m with you on that! What I have going is a high cbd, low thc high THCV strain mid going. Cbd around 32%, 8-9 thc, 28-31% THCV on flower! Stuffs incredible and it helps that she is a producer. High hopes that the crosses will work as individuals strain testing thus far are showing promise. The market needs to take a look at this super weed THCV varieties, it will mess u up if desired but it’s for the daytime user that has 30mins of “high life” !! THCV is going to the the next cbd!

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Does anyone think Thcv should get a post to itself? You guys know a thing or two and I don't want to take attention off of other Thcv specific posts/thread like 'Thcv, come now' for all I know gnomad could still be working on an update?!

Maybe just a title with Zero ambiguity. Like : Thcv

Just a fresh start to help you guys who are and will be putting real time work and effort.
I think keeping it in this guide until we get enough folks asking for THCV then I can split the thread for a THCV specifically themed one

shaganja

shaganja

I’m with you on that! What I have going is a high cbd, low thc high THCV strain mid going. Cbd around 32%, 8-9 thc, 28-31% THCV on flower! Stuffs incredible and it helps that she is a producer. High hopes that the crosses will work as individuals strain testing thus far are showing promise. The market needs to take a look at this super weed THCV varieties, it will mess u up if desired but it’s for the daytime user that has 30mins of “high life” !! THCV is going to the the next cbd!
wow, thats crazy awesome! those numbers are insane! the medicine from those numbers is incredible! for example, cbd fight siezures, and now we learn that thcv is good for seizure activity too. parkinsons. and a couple others i dont remeber. now if you have a high thcv/cbd and low thc, i think you have a plant that needs some serious study! no offense, but these numbers are almost unbelievable! i should quit this campagne if you have already have thcv levels of this level!

Spelczk

Spelczk

wow, thats crazy awesome! those numbers are insane! the medicine from those numbers is incredible! for example, cbd fight siezures, and now we learn that thcv is good for seizure activity too. parkinsons. and a couple others i dont remeber. now if you have a high thcv/cbd and low thc, i think you have a plant that needs some serious study! no offense, but these numbers are almost unbelievable! i should quit this campagne if you have already have thcv levels of this level!
Can you share a link where bigger % = better? Stay focused Shaganja!

Top Bottom