If you grow with organics in soil do you use regular ph down?

• Thread starter the123321
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

My point is that you don't always add the same additives when you brew you compost teas like alfalfa is high in nitrogen but rock phosphate is high in phosphorus so the bacteria and stuff that likes those different things has the different microbes in it
No disagreement there... but a healthy rhizo once innoculated does not need a massive amounts of teas with massive amounts of bacteria to thrive. Once innoculated if the food source is kept available they will continue to thrive adjusting to food source.

Teas are meant to create massive amounts of bacteria to convert the organics to salts so they are immediately available. Good for a quick boost of available nutrients. This is done in the media also just at a slower rate because of the lower food source.

If you keep dumping in loads of bacteria everyday they die off as the food source is consumed... wanna see this? Bubble a tea for 1 week straight adding nothing and tell me how that looks and smells. The food is consumed PH will crash from death and co2 created and it will reek of rotting bacteria... same dam thing in the soil bro.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

No disagreement there... but a healthy rhizo once innoculated does not need a massive amounts of teas with massive amounts of bacteria to thrive. Once innoculated if the food source is kept available they will continue to thrive adjusting to food source.

Teas are meant to create massive amounts of bacteria to convert the organics to salts so they are immediately available. Good for a quick boost of available nutrients. This is done in the media also just at a slower rate because of the lower food source.

If you keep dumping in loads of bacteria everyday they die off as the food source is consumed... wanna see this? Bubble a tea for 1 week straight adding nothing and tell me how that looks and smells. The food is consumed PH will crash from death and co2 created and it will reek of rotting bacteria... same dam thing in the soil bro.
I don't use fertilizer at all just re ammend pending on whet the soil test tells me some good compost and mix I failed to mention I have 7,000 worms in my bed and Rove beetle's for the soft bodied insects and I'm going on 1.5 years same soil no nuits compost teas and worm tea and I do 4 lbs every 2 months for harvest with good thc and tricombs production according to the tests I have done not to mention the terpines my flavors off the HOOK!

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I don't use fertilizer at all just re ammend pending on whet the soil test tells me some good compost and mix I failed to mention I have 7,000 worms in my bed and Rove beetle's for the soft bodied insects and I'm going on 1.5 years same soil no nuits compost teas and worm tea and I do 4 lbs every 2 months for harvest with good thc and tricombs production according to the tests I have done not to mention the terpines my flavors off the HOOK!
For 8 girls

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Man read the book my friend
I dont have to... your wrong plain and simple. The fact tour telling me to read the book to find the answers for you tells me you don't fully understand the topic.

I absolutely agree teas are beneficial 100% but that's if used properly.... what your saying is something like potassium is key in water uptake and transport in the plants so dump as much potassium in as possible... NO NOT RIGHT.

teas are beneficial but you DONT just dump as much in as possible and that more is better. It just does not work that way.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

That's great and you can feed strictly from teas if you like... if you do it right. Sounds like you have it worked out for you and that's great.

The point and only point I'm making is it is WRONG to advise that the more the better and MORE is better. That's simply not the case. When done right results are great I have no doubt your grows are done well.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I want to try to help anyone and im open to listening you have some good thoughts to Aqua man I'm always open minded don't mean to be argumentive with you

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Amendments are fertilizer and the difference is organics rely on microbes to break nutrients down into available salt (ionic form) and synthetic are done using various methods so they are already broken down. The result is the same nutrient elements are available in salt (ionic form) the only difference is the process used to achieve it.

Now I'm sure you will disagree but before you do maybe do a quick search and little reading.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I want to try to help anyone and im open to listening you have some good thoughts to Aqua man I'm always open minded don't mean to be argumentive with you
Hey I take no offense brother... we are having a debate... maybe we agree or disagree in the end. I respect your opinions and abilities. I'm not always right either, so a healthy debate benefits both of us.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Salts usually come from chemical fertilizer and how does that get into a organic grow? Just saying

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

I dont have to... your wrong plain and simple. The fact tour telling me to read the book to find the answers for you tells me you don't fully understand the topic.

I absolutely agree teas are beneficial 100% but that's if used properly.... what your saying is something like potassium is key in water uptake and transport in the plants so dump as much potassium in as possible... NO NOT RIGHT.

teas are beneficial but you DONT just dump as much in as possible and that more is better. It just does not work that way.
Good luck to you that's all I got to say glad I'm not burning your meds👍

elduderito

elduderito

so if I were to stop ph'ing my water and nutrient feeds how often should I be looking to check the run off? i'm using the same soil mix for all my plants - I'm guessing I don't have to test all of them? or will it vary if I'm growing different strains?

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Good luck to you that's all I got to say glad I'm not burning your meds👍
Salts usually come from chemical fertilizer and how does that get into a organic grow? Just saying
Lol really? Then why smoke yours?

A plant cannot use organic compounds, such as those in manure or dead leaves, until they are broken down into their elemental or ionic forms. Also, plants cannot use an element that is not in the proper form (a specific ion) even if it is present in high concentrations in the soil

I can list 100 more if you like. I had a feeling you were the organic religion type.... no point debating with you at this point.

Kanzeon

Kanzeon

Man read the book my friend

I'd say that you should go back and reread in the book where it says that soils are generally either bacterially or fungally dominant, and that crops like cannabis prefer a bacterially dominant soil.

I'm all about EWC tea, alfalfa tea, and supplementing bacteria and mycos as well. They aren't, however, an effective method of controlling pH, which is what the thread was about. Brewed teas, even aerated ones, can be acidic or alkaline- depending on what was used to make them and how much.

MICHGANDER9

MICHGANDER9

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

For those reading along wondering what a salt is this will help explain it and why synthetic fertilizer is often referred to as salt based... which is exactly what organics are broken down into by microbes so that they become available for uptake by the plants.

Sorry didn't want to leave those readings with questions.

freezeland2

freezeland2

I just follow the directions label on my bag of SOHUM. It says use water with ph 6 - 7 and for auto flowers they recommend 6 - 6.5. I have good success with SOHUM and I ain’t going to second guess them. I just water my plants and watch the show, lol.

Top Bottom