Im a Lil Angry.....

• Thread starter MrTools9
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bigjay420

bigjay420

Damn, new wife, new baby, new grow, new bills! Better knock a few grows outta the park Jay, you're gonna need some weed for sure ;)

Motiv

haha. I'm workin' at it, my friend. With the strains I have in the next lineup, it's all on me. Failure is NOT an option. I figure if you add the stress of a new baby to my life, I'll need to smoke 10 pounds a week to stay sane... Think the closet will hold that many plants? lol.

bigjay420

bigjay420

Babies are many things, but Never 'inevitable'... congratulations, and here's hoping everyone comes through healthy, happy and well!

Haha. I meant the "Fuck you Jay" part was inevitable. The baby is definitely a gift, and we're so stoked on it. Thanks for the kind words, my friend. Take care.

ttystikk

ttystikk

haha. I'm workin' at it, my friend. With the strains I have in the next lineup, it's all on me. Failure is NOT an option. I figure if you add the stress of a new baby to my life, I'll need to smoke 10 pounds a week to stay sane... Think the closet will hold that many plants? lol.

Nope. But I can build you one that will!

soserthc1

soserthc1

Thanks so much, guys! We're super stoked on it. I'll be sure to pass on your congratulations to the Mrs.
It's been a big year for us. We got engaged, married, found out we're having a baby, and started growing. 2013 is the year of the Jays. lol Thanks again, guys!

Yes congrads kids are great until they start talking ..... best of luck to you and your new family....

soserthc1

soserthc1

Actually babies and gardens are alot alike , you can check the garden after warming the bottle every 4 hrs .....

N

nightmarecreature

I will keep it as real as I can. Cuts are similar to the way old baseball cards were traded. The better cuts you have and the rarer they are, the better chance you have of obtaining a cut you want. The bad thing about this is that it becomes an addiction really fast. I had over 60 strains, I lost all but one, now I'm back up to ten strains and I told myself I would just stick to three or four.

People horde cuts for several reasons.

It takes hard work to make and find an elite cut. Sometimes this takes years. Then someone comes along and crosses your cut with another strain touting it as their own. A lot of people are guilty of this and it's not always a bad thing, but I'm sure it hurts the person who made the original cut.

Someone takes your cut and crosses it not knowing what they are doing and watering down the potency, molesting and tarnishing the original cuts name.

Sometimes it's just business. Growing the same strain creates competition and lowers the price. Having the same cut in another region does not affect the price but it can if the cut is really good and spreads all over every region. The same goes for seed vendors, they want to have elite moms that other seed vendors don't have.

Sometimes it's out of respect, when people ask you to keep a cut on lock, you do it. The cannabis community in my area is small and everyone pretty much knows each other. You don't want a bad rep, you'll get beat down literally in this scene.

Sometimes it's just for bragging rights......my dick is bigger than yours!

ttystikk

ttystikk

Nightmare nailed it from one perspective; allow me to suggest another perspective;

I'm an engineer... stupid is as stupid does, so that's what I am because it's what I do!

Because I've accepted my narrowed focus, I feel liberated from trying to be all things to my garden. One of the things I really do NOT want to do is pop beans and dig through males and females of dubious quality in a search for my own killer pheno. I don't want to do it. It's not fun- for me, I get how much fun it can be for others!- and I have other things demanding my time, like equipment for growing plants with less power.

I'm not whining- far from it. I have an interest in and a talent for indoor growing equipment and its proper use, and I'm guarding my limited time and energy against getting distracted doing things that aren't part of my own goals.

This means I'm willing to pay top dollar for top cuts. Breeders can rest assured I'm going to run their gear in a top quality environment, so it has its best chance to shine. I get top quality phenos of great strains, which is exactly the kind of gear I want to be designing grow rooms around. If someone gifts me a cut and asks me not to share, I'm fine with that. No one need worry about me making an inferior cross of their prize cut- because I have no interest in trying in the first place.

What I've found is that people gift me top quality cuts just... because.

Their generosity simply leaves me speechless.

sky high

sky high

The funny thing is when you jones for a cut everyone else is clammoring for......for what seems like forever....and then when you finally get it and smoke it... you wonder what the hubbub was about in the first place. Even funnier is seeing others clammor for the same cut you culled....years later.... and make a fuss about it or act as if they are holding the grail.

Different strokes for different folks.... and none of it matters in the real scheme of things!

MrTools9

MrTools9

I Can Dig it Sky High...like nightmarecreature said its like baseball cards,and football cards....Im a seed Rancher,and I do share.....as Im learning everyday... 9 times out of 10 its the growers magic that make it happen....

ttystikk

ttystikk

The funny thing is when you jones for a cut everyone else is clammoring for......for what seems like forever....and then when you finally get it and smoke it... you wonder what the hubbub was about in the first place. Even funnier is seeing others clammor for the same cut you culled....years later.... and make a fuss about it or act as if they are holding the grail.

Different strokes for different folks.... and none of it matters in the real scheme of things!

What really chaps my hide is when I grow a really killer batch of a strain- and everyone sits around giving props to... the breeder? As if all my work and talent didn't exist? I don't think so!

ttystikk

ttystikk

ttystikk

No pats on the back Bro.....lol

It's not approval I'm looking for. Just credit where it's due. Breeding good gear takes talent. Getting the most out of it does, too, that's all I'm saying.

I've had people talk trash about a given strain while raving about how great my weed is- then ask why I'm laughing at them. I tell them it's because they're smoking the strain they just trashed!

Most consumers erroneously believe they're also connoisseurs- but they can't tell the difference between a second rate strain and just seeing it grown poorly? Gimme a break!

Reactions: B.a
MrTools9

MrTools9

I was taught if you have a great product,and the talent to add ....money will come like its growing on Trees.....and my day Creativity lets me be great behind closed doors....Feel me....I use the same formula ....great resources,a beautiful mind ,love and care....sorry and great family, friends!!! They are my Backbone:) Big ups ttystikk!!!!!

fractal

fractal

I'll give you fuckin $10 grand for a cut of Shoreline!! I heard that shit is the best strain ever! hahaha

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
It hasn't taken me very long to get completely UNinterested in the search for the holy grail. I smoked the fucking holy grail when I was 18yo and we called it 'one hit.'

Top Bottom