• Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
TrichromeFan

TrichromeFan

Blue lab truncheon is the goods. I'll never buy any other brand again. It reads in EC (preferred), ppm (both scales) and cf. It is very rugged and accurate. You would probably use it to check strengths of nutrient solutions you feed with, or to make a slurry of soil or coco to read media ph. Hope that helps.

-TF

tattoojim

tattoojim

Unknown farmer
Supporter
i spent two bills on mine brother...and it is nice to have it, when you need it.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

if you end up relying on it a lot, i've found 2 is better than 1 (cause they all can fail). bluelabs look nice but i'm cheap so run with the $20 hannah blue ones. they have a cheap matching ph meter too.

baba G

baba G

bean sprouts are tasty
Truncheon all the way, almost indestructable and gets you all 3 units! pH meters, honestly go with the $5 dropper and get to know your mixes and then go without and check every once in awhile. I've gone through 2 oakton eco pH meters and am using a blue lab pH meter now but I'd go truncheon for ec/ppm!

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

ooh, couldn't make it through a shift without my ph meter, but tryin to fix that soon with a doser fer da chow. entirely different game than ^G and Ken obviously..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
it say's in the description,

Calibration of the Meter is not required and it's great for stirring your nutrient tank too!

so this one is good for a newb like me? Or should I get a better one?

would be pretty cool to know how many parts per my nute barrel has

Shit....Im trying to do this stuff right....But Im a simple man. :confused:

Thanks for the help!

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I think its a must for any professional gardener. I would go with pens but that's just me. IMO the Ph is just as important as the PPMs and the truncheon doesnt do both. Both pens together at eastwesthydro. come to $145 before shipping. They float at the top of your barrel as you stir with something much better than a truncheon(thats how i broke mine). They have big rings on top so you can zip tie them to something so you dont drop them. Im Surprised at how low the PH is on the teas that i brew. 4.9 sometimes, no way im giving that to my gals. Good luck brother!

Top Bottom