Im looking at PPM meters

• Thread starter caregiverken
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Thanks again everyone...I went ahead and got the truncheon :)

Ppmpen

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I think its a must for any professional gardener. I would go with pens but that's just me. IMO the Ph is just as important as the PPMs and the truncheon doesnt do both. Both pens together at eastwesthydro. come to $145 before shipping. They float at the top of your barrel as you stir with something much better than a truncheon(thats how i broke mine). They have big rings on top so you can zip tie them to something so you dont drop them. Im Surprised at how low the PH is on the teas that i brew. 4.9 sometimes, no way im giving that to my gals. Good luck brother!

:confused:

well crap. I had just ordered the truncheon on amazon...lol... was coming here to tell you guys:rolleyes:
But now, I went and cancelled it...lol :p

I had the two separate blue lab pens and the cal. kit in my cart before that....shit..:confused:
Baba G says truncheon
Shcwoop said get one that reads both..
Cheese says I dont need it with organics..
o_O

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Ken, I was just looking around and I cant find a truncheon that does PH only EC/PPM/CF combos. I apologize for complicating your purchase.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Ken, I was just looking around and I cant find a truncheon that does PH only EC/PPM/CF combos. I apologize for complicating your purchase.
Shoot no..your not complicating it....Im all corn-fused..:confused:..Your right...I was mistaken...it doesnt do PH.
So Imma gonna have to wait till Im not so stoned to deside...lol

Thanks for your Help Walter...I really do appreciate it.
and everyone else too. Thanks guys!

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
why do you want one?

Uh..o_O..I dunno..Maybe because all the big boys use em??

Maybe...so I can feed a little stronger with out worry I guess.

I have always fed lightly...from fear of hurting the plants...and.. will contine to do so..but

I would like see what my PPM is...and I have know way to know what the PH of my teas are.
Im pretty sure my well water is in the low 7. somethins

sox

sox

for sure, why not just get a cheap ph tester? ive never used one...but im def not one of the "big boys".

just tryin to save you some $$...i dont know crap about what ppms are supposed to be at sooo..

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I hear what yer sayin Sox...But im tring to step up my game...Im not a pro...but some day I might wanna go pro. So I want to learn this stuff.

I pulled the trigger on these instead of the truncheon
Bluelab ppm EC pen 368

156 for both free shipping from Hydroponics market @ amazon

But I may get the truncheon too some day...I dunno
I have to calabrate these right?...need to order the stuff for that.

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Its about time to admit that you are a pro ken! I Couldn't view the attachments but assume you went with the pens! Its awesome to have calibration solution around. I drop mine in there weekly just to see if its reading right. Rarely have to calibrate my Blue Lab equipt.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
Its about time to admit that you are a pro ken! I Couldn't view the attachments but assume you went with the pens! Its awesome to have calibration solution around. I drop mine in there weekly just to see if its reading right. Rarely have to calibrate my Blue Lab equipt.
Yes I went with the Blue lab pens. :) Thanks again Walter.

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

Ur gunna love Blue lab meters.. I got a blue lab combo meter it's a bit pricy but it killer my old Hanna meter the Hanna was hard 2 calibrate & the blue lab calibrates with the touch of a button..

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

Ur gunna love Blue lab meters.. I got a blue lab combo meter it's a bit pricy but it killer my old Hanna meter the Hanna was hard 2 calibrate & the blue lab calibrates with the touch of a button..
I have a Combo too, I cant wait to upgrade to a Guardian tho.

El Cerebro

El Cerebro

always store the ph one wet, in low ppm neutral water or maybe "storage solution". get three calibration solutions, 2 for ph and one for tds. there's also "cleaning" solution that is very low ph (weak acid), short soak then re-cal (usually only if you let it dry or sit in nutes). looks like those have spot for leash, excellent idea..

WalterWhiteFire

WalterWhiteFire

I was gunna get that 1 but I don't use a rez I mix each nute mix fresh every time so the combo meter is better 4 me & my grow
I mix fresh nute every watering too. I just dont like how its not waterproof. And there are lots of times Ive almost dropped into my mix trying to switch back and forth between ppm and PH, or standing it up so i can try and watch it while i adjust the ph. But Ive rocked mine a little over a year now without it taking a dip. Knock on wood. Take care fellas!

MakinGoo

MakinGoo

I mix fresh nute every watering too. I just dont like how its not waterproof. And there are lots of times Ive almost dropped into my mix trying to switch back and forth between ppm and PH, or standing it up so i can try and watch it while i adjust the ph. But Ive rocked mine a little over a year now without it taking a dip. Knock on wood. Take care fellas!
True.. I always wet mine but never dropped it in2 my bucket.. I'm a small grower I mix two 5gal buckets at a time & sit Indian style on the ground with the meter in my lap.. All the Nute bottles on my rite hand side with my secret recipe book in my lap also.. When I add each nute I place it on my left hand side so I can member what I already mixed.. It's pretty easy 2 read my meter this way but it's very hard on my knees.. I water the same way I take out 2 plants at at time from my tent & water then place them 2 the left when there done.. Sitting indian style kills my knees..I have 2 do it this way or my stoner ass will 4get what I mixed or what plants got watered.. Im not sure what the hell this has 2 do with meters.. Sorry 4 derailing ur thread Ken..

Latest posts

Top Bottom