im new please help me

• Thread starter ferg0089
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Stokes

Stokes

Shes doing great. Leaves are soaking up the sun, her roots will spread to fill out the pot and she’ll take off.

Pay close attention to watering, a layer of some type of mulch would help to hold water in. I like pumice. Severance different ways to do it

Stokes

Stokes

what would cause some of the leaves to be smaller that others. can get more pics if you can't see what I'm talking about

New growth amigo. And some are fan leaves, the big ones. Just pay attention to her posture and leaf color. If anything changes post up pics sooner than later. More than likely first deficiencies will be cal/mag, depending on your water source and media

F

ferg0089

New growth amigo. And some are fan leaves, the big ones. Just pay attention to her posture and leaf color. If anything changes post up pics sooner than later. More than likely first deficiencies will be cal/mag, depending on your water source and media
just regular top soil nothing special i put 3 egg shells in it thats it and have been using rain water with a little miracle grow. but I about to order some calmag.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter
just regular top soil nothing special i put 3 egg shells in it thats it and have been using rain water with a little miracle grow. but I about to order some calmag.
No miracle grow. Yikes homie.

Stokes

Stokes

Being youre relatively new to growing, i would recommend gaia green 4-4-4 for veg and 2-8-4 for flower. Its one of the easiest and more complete products i have seen, and its pretty damn hard to affect your plant. If you choose to go that route you will need something to keep you microbes going, whether it be worm castings or some other method. Recharge is a product i have warmed up to, works wonders imo

F

ferg0089

Being youre relatively new to growing, i would recommend gaia green 4-4-4 for veg and 2-8-4 for flower. Its one of the easiest and more complete products i have seen, and its pretty damn hard to affect your plant. If you choose to go that route you will need something to keep you microbes going, whether it be worm castings or some other method. Recharge is a product i have warmed up to, works wonders imo
got this on the way

Screenshot 20230623 151719 Samsung Internet
Screenshot 20230623 160637 Samsung Internet
Stokes

Stokes

got this on the way

Man i was just getting ready to recommend that. I love ph perfect, it works. I use the sensi in my coco grows, and also use what you have there when i botch my timing on top dressings. Start off at around 70% recommended feedings, also tread carefully with any type of bloom booster. Sometimes less is more.

IMG 3313
Stokes

Stokes

Iirc its actually all 3 in veg and bloom. Havent had to use it since my cinderella jack grow about a year ago

Stokes

Stokes

Hey man, if youre gonna use chemical fertilizers, it wouldnt be a bad idea to read up on EC and its effect on growth. Thats why i mentioned you should start at 70%.

You have to factor in the ec of the water youre using. Wait, i think you said you were collecting rain water? You should be good there. But if you start using well water you have to factor that in. Thats why i prefer organic dry amendments, you let the microbes do most the work.

You shouldn’t have to worry about ph with the ph perfect, ive tested it on mine and it actually self adjusted with a ph up to 8.5.

F

ferg0089

Hey man, if youre gonna use chemical fertilizers, it wouldnt be a bad idea to read up on EC and its effect on growth. Thats why i mentioned you should start at 70%.

You have to factor in the ec of the water youre using. Wait, i think you said you were collecting rain water? You should be good there. But if you start using well water you have to factor that in. Thats why i prefer organic dry amendments, you let the microbes do most the work.

You shouldn’t have to worry about ph with the ph perfect, ive tested it on mine and it actually self adjusted with a ph up to 8.5.
so with a living soil I wouldn't have to use any thing other than water.

Captspaulding

Captspaulding

What’s the matter? Don’t like clowns? 🤡
Supporter

You shouldn’t have to worry about ph with the ph perfect, ive tested it on mine and it actually self adjusted with a ph up to
Yes. I will elaborate in a bit. My wife is yelling at me
You too?

Stokes

Stokes

But yeah, thats the goal, for me anyways. Water only.

Some people are on a whole different level. Ive only been into organics a year. With autos, i can mix my soil and get away with one top dress a grow. Photos a couple.

Theres several ways to do it. You can do single ingredient mixes (mixing bone meals/blood meals/minerals etc). You can mix and dress with pre mixed amendments(gaia green, all purpose etc). And theres also people who grind up natural sources they find in the woods and shit. That is not me. I’ll bounce around from single ingredient to mixes. Right now im doing a 4-3-6 for simplicity because i have a lot going on.

One thing they all have in common is that they all depend on keeping your microbes healthy.

Theres nothing wrong with chemicals tho, ive seen absolute bangers grown with biobizz and plant magic.

Im just of the opinion that if youre gonna be ph’ing and monitoring ec, you might as well be in coco. Nothing wrong with coco, i do it from time to time, cant beat the yields. I like organics because im lazy and the flavor and aroma is untouchable

Stokes

Stokes

Im not trying to sway you one way or the other, if i am, I apologize.

I think chemicals would be good for you right now, because it allows you to learn read the plant, and treat quickly and accordingly. With dry amendments it takes at least a week to notice anything. And if youre having deficiencies and you need to act fast youre in trouble

Top Bottom