I'm trying hydroponics, one day it will work :-)

• Thread starter QcBerry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QcBerry

QcBerry

Hi guys,im new to this forum and to forum at all, please be clever haha, after my first grow in soil (peat/vermiculite) i decide to go hydroponic. The first grow didnt go well (lot of problem and not a good harvest) and the second start not so good XD. I decide to go in pebble clay using a drip system
My reservoir is out of the room so its stays beetween 20 and 22 celcius
Im using 2x 1 gallon/hour dripper per plants
I got problem with watering i think. Im now trying 3minute on for 30 min off
Ph at 5.5, ppm at 300 using a 2 part accel grow. Making it 4-3-7 with 1% magnesium and 3% calcium. And rhyzotonic.
My light is 2x 330watt cmh dutch lightning innovation.
Temp room is 26 and 50% humidity
Im trying hydroponics one day it will work 3
Im trying hydroponics one day it will work 4
Im trying hydroponics one day it will work 5

Im trying hydroponics one day it will work
Im trying hydroponics one day it will work 2

QcBerry

QcBerry

There is a constant flow in the reservoir using a second pump and the plant bucket almost dont have water in it

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

I’d raise your ph to 5.8, up your feed ppms to 400-450, and maybe increase your dry time to 2-3 hours. Also I’d start adding beneficial bacteria like southern ag garden friendly fungicide. It’s the same as hydrogaurd but way more concentrated and cheaper.

QcBerry

QcBerry

I’d raise your ph to 5.8, up your feed ppms to 400-450, and maybe increase your dry time to 2-3 hours. Also I’d start adding beneficial bacteria like southern ag garden friendly fungicide. It’s the same as hydrogaurd but way more concentrated and cheaper.
Tanks to your interest, ill try that, really make a 3min drip on and 60 to 120 min off?

QcBerry

QcBerry

Damm ok.. i got nothing too loose ill try.. i always red 15min on for 45min off.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

What are those sausages you have for water line?!? 😄

Honestly, I think it would have been better for you to master soil growing before moving up to synthetic media but you're here.

I've never been a fan of hydroton and drip. I prefer using hydroton in a flood and drain situation.

QcBerry

QcBerry

What are those sausages you have for water line?!? 😄

Honestly, I think it would have been better for you to master soil growing before moving up to synthetic media but you're here.

I've never been a fan of hydroton and drip. I prefer using hydroton in a flood and drain situation.
Hahaha, i had clean pipe and silver tape XD. I know but it kind of a hobby. I dont mind learning the hard way lolll. And for the growing method i hade to aquarium pump, clear pipes, hydroton, dripper, construction bucket and silver tape loll

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Hahaha, i had clean pipe and silver tape XD. I know but it kind of a hobby. I dont mind learning the hard way lolll. And for the growing method i hade to aquarium pump, clear pipes, hydroton, dripper, construction bucket and silver tape loll
Love it. Run what ya brung!!😄

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Peroxide is fine it will hold you over until you get some bennies. Only lasts a short time though. Definitely add it if you have root disease, brown slimy, stinky roots. It kills the good bacteria too but if you have an infection the roots are more important.

steamroller

steamroller

There is a constant flow in the reservoir using a second pump and the plant bucket almost dont have water in it
Explain this more for me.
I believe the buckets and res should have the same water level in most systems?
Now hearing you built it 👍 just wondering if you are flowing properly.

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Peroxide is fine it will hold you over until you get some bennies. Only lasts a short time though. Definitely add it if you have root disease, brown slimy, stinky roots. It kills the good bacteria too but if you have an infection the roots are more important.
Is he running a sterile system?

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Don’t think he’s decided. He only mentioned the 3 inputs.

QcBerry

QcBerry

Yeah i can explain, i put my plant bucket on stage if i can say, didnt know if i sould have lot of water in my plant bucket or not. Reservoire bucket is half and the plant bucket is low
2023 04 041926132271972778636588700

QcBerry

QcBerry

Look, for the sterile or live i just learh 15min ago that was a term 😅whats the difference

QcBerry

QcBerry

And for the flow in the reservoir its just a second pump that flow the water into the reservoir
2023 04 041928592110200152713964502

Top Bottom