I'm trying hydroponics, one day it will work :-)

• Thread starter QcBerry
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
QcBerry

QcBerry

After 4houra of the peroxyde solution going trought the root non stop, i flush my system, rinse and put a new solution in the reservoi :
15 litrer of water
4.5ml of enzyme
18ml of bennies
16ml of A grow
16ml of B grow
Ph = 5.8
Ppm = 400
Water temp=20
I took my second pump and replace it by a bubbler in the reservoir.

QcBerry

QcBerry

Forget It for this one. Going back in peat/vermiculite
2023 04 05234934550090215265269134

RootsRuler

RootsRuler

Forget It for this one. Going back in peat/vermiculiteView attachment 1348335
Sounds like you have some experience in soil. Good.

I suggest you use that knowledge and start your hydro journey with rockwool blocks. It's a good bridge between soil and media less growing if you want to attempt this again. The rockwool blocks will give you a more soil ish feel than roots hanging in the air. A lot more similarities between rockwool and soil that can be used to up your hydro knowledge and then move onto media less grows.

QcBerry

QcBerry

I swear my system will work, my mistake, i started my seed in soil and was thinking to put them hydro and that will work. My mystake... anyway the plant will probably die anyway. I already plant 2 new seed if this one die.

QcBerry

QcBerry

I swear my system will work, my mistake, i started my seed in soil and was thinking to put them hydro and that will work. My mystake... anyway the plant will probably die anyway. I already plant 2 new seed if this one die.
Well this was an interesting read!!
This system would work if the roots had somewhere to be not just hanging in the air!!
In a nft method where are the roots? Technically my system is suppose to work.. now , i just need more knowledge into hydroponic nutrient recipe

QcBerry

QcBerry

In a nft method where are the roots? Technically my system is suppose to work.. now , i just need more knowledge into hydroponic nutrient recipe
With water deipping conatantly on the roots its suppose to be like nft... i will try it again at the end of summer

Porky1982

Porky1982

What is this NFT you refer to??
All systems have to roots in something!
Aeroponics yes the roots sit in the air but they are constantly sprayed with highly oxygenated mist!!
If you filled the buckets with clay balls or perlite and drip fed them then this system would work.
Just having the roots hanging in a bucket with a bit of water dribbling over them will never work!
Your roots will be either dry to much and die or develop pathogens and die!!

QcBerry

QcBerry

Aeroponics yes the roots sit in the air but they are constantly sprayed with highly oxygenated mist!!
If you filled the buckets with clay balls or perlite and drip fed them then this system would work.
Just having the roots hanging in a bucket with a bit of water dribbling over them will never work!
In a kratzky method at one point most of the roots are in air. Youll see, it will work. Im not the first who attempt that

QcBerry

QcBerry

And nft are constant flow, like strawberry in pipe

QcBerry

QcBerry

Since there was root rots near the cotton ball i decide to prune them and threat them like if they were clone
2023 04 061611581471219569778756934
2023 04 061612213159830427164987698

Oldguy71

Oldguy71

Sorry about that man! They really looked over watered. To get them some nutrients quick you can give them a few foliar feedings.

QcBerry

QcBerry

Sorry about that man! They really looked over watered. To get them some nutrients quick you can give them a few foliar feedings.
Its ok, i shouldnt try them hydro anyway, i started them in peat and vermiculite, my bad. The cotton ball was in fact too much water and the rest not enough. Mistake are learning. Im spraying them with rhyzotonic. (Ascophyllum nodosum extract) They show sign of recovery since yesterday, im waiting the next leave to see whats happen.

Top Bottom