In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, uh, Gavita?

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Shady

Shady

Chillin' in the Shade...
Supporter
It's on and poppin' up in there! Ladies are looking giddy for the Gavita... :makeup

S

SofaKingHigh

Thanks Shady.

Just finished raping the underside pretty good, we'll see what they look like next Saturday when they hit week 3. Only colas!

S

SofaKingHigh

35kr23.jpg

S

SofaKingHigh

I think it'll just become another division of Marlboro and be grown with their tobacco crops in unison. Perhaps in greenhouses to reduce pollination and have finite control of the elements. Bet it'll be dank as hell too. It's not like us closet growers know better than scientists.

Legalization is definitely not what we want as the market will flood in a matter of months. Grows like a weed.

ttystikk

ttystikk

I think it'll just become another division of Marlboro and be grown with their tobacco crops in unison. Perhaps in greenhouses to reduce pollination and have finite control of the elements. Bet it'll be dank as hell too. It's not like us closet growers know better than scientists.

Legalization is definitely not what we want as the market will flood in a matter of months. Grows like a weed.

Are you a tobacco smoker? I'm not, but I know the difference between the garbage rolled into Marlboros and a good cigar- and let me assure you, they'll grow weed under 'lowest possible cost' conditions, which as any scientist will tell you is a far cry from ideal conditions. So much for the american grown quality argument.

Moving on to the idea that China will treat our weed with respect; this is laughable if you remember that they've been repeatedly caught painting children's toys with lead paint, poisoned our pets with deadly additives in petfood, and that they have and continue to sell foodstuffs laced with heavy metals, PCBs and pesticides to their own people, as well as for export. Do you seriously expect them to treat weed any better?

I agree that if full and unfettered legalization comes we'll all be out of a job but I'm not worried about it happening any time soon, if at all. For context, remember that it's still illegal to manufacture alcoholic spirits for commercial sale without navigating a thicket of rules and regulations, which vary wildly from one jurisdiction to another.

"Think globally, grow locally."

S

SofaKingHigh

America legalizing is one thing, but China? China won't have anything to do with it, surely.

Pouring some compost tea on a weed is cheap and easy. Good genetics are good genetics. Assuming they're not just dunked in chemicals before packaging you'll be hard pressed to convince me of it not being a quality product. Best of the best? No. Sufficient to become nationally sold in every convenience and liquor store. Absolutely.

It'll be so cheap and get you stoned as you need to be. Quality stuff won't demand much of a premium.

ttystikk

ttystikk

America legalizing is one thing, but China? China won't have anything to do with it, surely.

Pouring some compost tea on a weed is cheap and easy. Good genetics are good genetics. Assuming they're not just dunked in chemicals before packaging you'll be hard pressed to convince me of it not being a quality product. Best of the best? No. Sufficient to become nationally sold in every convenience and liquor store. Absolutely.

It'll be so cheap and get you stoned as you need to be. Quality stuff won't demand much of a premium.

I fear you are correct in your assessment, sir. I can only hope- again, using the tobacco industry as a guide- that there will be a thriving market, however small, for growers catering to the discerning connoisseur who wishes for the very best bespoke smoking experience. How else to describe a $1500 box of fine cigars selling well in a world full of American Spirits?

S

SofaKingHigh

The one thing I'm still clinging to post-legalization is the edible and socialized aspect of it. In the form of an isle of snack foods laced with active ingredients at the grocery and a Starbucksesque franchise that caters to yuppy smokers who are into laptop surfing while stoned.

So a bakery/candy company and storefront are still avenues for possible 6 or 7 figures if done right.

Otherwise... Fuck. Keep it "medical."

ttystikk

ttystikk

The one thing I'm still clinging to post-legalization is the edible and socialized aspect of it. In the form of an isle of snack foods laced with active ingredients at the grocery and a Starbucksesque franchise that caters to yuppy smokers who are into laptop surfing while stoned.

So a bakery/candy company and storefront are still avenues for possible 6 or 7 figures if done right.

Otherwise... Fuck. Keep it "medical."

I wouldn't worry so much if I were you- it won't be a free for all and unrestricted. If you look at how alcohol is regulated, I think cannabis will follow a similar path. And, it will likely have even more onerous regulation than the booze industry rather than less.

My biggest worry is that the Feds use this as an excuse to upend ALL states' rights legislation, and drive it back underground. Then, the only people who 'regulate' it will be the ones with guns. I've seen the coke business and I want no part of that.

S

SofaKingHigh

For sure. Keep it to the Danksters and away from the Gangsters.

ttystikk

ttystikk

For sure. Keep it to the Danksters and away from the Gangsters.

Two thumbs up! Damn straight- mind if I steal that and use it? :)

I'd give you rep for this but it sez I gotta spread some more around first.

S

SofaKingHigh

I believe as a fellow Dankster it's free game. Copyright forfeited.

You're right about luxury markets. Banana Republic sells wool sweaters for $60, Nordstrom jumps up to around $80 for their brand and up to $200-400 for brands they carry. In the same mall is a Neiman Marcus department store that carries the famous Italian brands like Gucci, D&G, Prada and have sweaters into near $1000 price tags. It is of the highest quality, fits are modern and functionally it's a sweater.

Wasteful, fashionable or simply in pursuit of all things nice I'd love a wardrobe from Neiman Marcus and would be willing to pay the premium. The same gap can be found most anywhere so it's a matter of presence, image and stamina for a business/brand to pull it off. There might still be $100 zones of the latest fire if/when legal.

ttystikk

ttystikk

Ya that's a job I'd like to have... 'Exclusive Cannabis Supplier to Needless Markups' lol Maybe they can sell $1000 bongs, too... oops, guess that's already being done!

S

SofaKingHigh

Shit, that's not a terrible idea.

Gucci Kush, one ounce, included with the limited edition Needless Markups holiday fantasy gifts collection bong. $5,000 Supplies are limited to 420

Sold out in minutes. Boom. 2.1 million in revenue.

S

SofaKingHigh

http://i.invalid.com/vInr7.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/QemBK.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/79xRn.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/n06dr.jpg

dankworth

dankworth

Dude. I don't want to be the one to have to tell you this.
But your girl was just looking at me.

S

SofaKingHigh

Go figure.

You feed 'em, clean for 'em and try to keep 'em in glass walls but the whores always run off with another man. I swear, every 8-10 weeks it happens and I'm back to introducing myself to a new group of hoes.

Top Bottom