In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, uh, Gavita?

• Thread starter SofaKingHigh
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I have a plasma /pro 600 thread running here if folks are interested.

These truly are the best lamps on the market.

C

cheech

Wow, that's really interesting to hear about the a-wings. Never could figure out why they were priced as much as a blockbuster..... It doesn't surprise me that the little reflector does so well.

Now I'm thinking that my 1000's in super sun 2's might not be that bad of a combination. Raise em up and nice spread. These huge reflectors just got popular in the last 4 years I think.

dankworth

dankworth

Those super sun 2s are cool like that-as long as you have tall enough ceilings. My ceiling is like 7'5" or so. I have a 2x4 roughly flush with the ceiling with short hooks in them. The super sun 2 v-hangers rest directly on the hooks. The scrog screen is around 32" above the floor. The super sun 2s are spaced on 42" centers. I did this so that each super sun 2 is crosslighting each neighboring 42" wide bay. The light footprint from each reflector works perfectly to light the scrog screen a total spread of 10 1/2 feet wide (3 "bays" wide 3.5 foot/bay), unless blocked by a wall. I was heavily inspired by FreshSteppin's 16 plant 4k hydro room, and his use of crosslighting to great effect. I believe these are blockbuster reflectors in this room.
watermark1.jpg

Super Sun 2s are cool and all, if you can get your containers on the floor. If I had a regular height table setup with my ceiling height, I could not use these reflectors. Which is why greenthumbdanny works with tables and magnum reflectors I think. And kills it. While I like the intense light due to the reflector design, and the impact on growth rate/stem girth/the fact I bought the reflectors used for like $75 apiece, there is some distance required between the glass and the canopy to make best use of these lights.
The big wide reflectors are cool, you can get them right up on the canopy, I think maybe you could get more weight total with them, but I don't want such a big and heavy reflector to have to deal with. Then they would have to be really close to my canopy, airflow in the room would go from awesome to hella stupid given the particulars of the room. And I could not walk around in there with the bigass reflectors in the way.
I think I might just stick with these reflectors and take out the glass when I am baller enough to run gigantic ACs. They rock if you have the vertical room. But if I wanted to put the super sun 2s on 48" instead of 42" centers, I would need either 8' ceilings or to drop the scrog screen height where it made it almost impossible to crouch under.
I am under the opinion that the bigger the room, the more I like the super sun 2s. The more reflectors together lighting the same canopy, the more I like super sun 2s. And they are easy to hang and adjust.
I think at this point the only other reflectors I would be seriously interested in would be blockbusters. Other than Gavita's new tech of course.

S

SofaKingHigh

I'm trying to replace all my lights with Gavita Pro 1000s ASAP. Everything else is poop. :D

I feel bad having to use blockbusters over the UC even once. Shit is gonna be fuckin' RAW when I get the 400v bangers over them blue buckets.

Speaking of the UC, looks like I've secured the dankness known as Ghost OG for the maiden voyage.

T

theherbalizor

Premium Member
Supporter
I keep sayin to folk that I'll buy all their new gavita lights for them so long as they give me the increase in yield on their first run. I am that sure that these lights are so good.

S

SofaKingHigh

Affirmative on the Ghost OG, got 'em ready for Tuesday when the UC arrives.

The leaves on the Grape Krush under the Gavita are getting larger than my hand up top, haven't had this in a while, or on plants so short. All the stems are thick and healthy, hoping for some retarded big colas.

Pics in a few hours.

S

SofaKingHigh

http://i.invalid.com/dm32K.jpg

http://i.invalid.com/DedCH.jpg

ttystikk

ttystikk

Sofa King, looks like you and I shop at the same store- Way To Grow is da bomb!

C

cheech

Trunk girth is definitely the early indicator on the higher performance of these lights. I'll be holding off until you yield before I start replacing mag ballasts though.

S

SofaKingHigh

Luckily that's only 2 months away so we'll have some good data from Herb's test and mine.

Got the Blumats running in a heartbeat, kick ass product as well. The additional drippers I attached to the stake ended up being a pain in the back-side so they're shelved. Should prove to be better than hand watering by a factor of a bajillion due to setting the exact moisture level and it keeping it there.

Today is 6 days of 12/12 so there's still some filling out to be done. They're really thick and compact at the moment, slowly lengthening themselves towards the light, acting satisfied even at 40" or so away.

CelticEBE

CelticEBE

Damn you SofaKing!!!

I just bought 3 adjust-a-wings....and now you gotta show off your fancy Gavita's.

JERK!

Subbed....looks like I got more money to spend on stuff. How often do you think you will be changing out bulbs?

S

SofaKingHigh

All too familiar of a feeling. I've got 10 reflectors not being used, always something better coming out.

Use your hand under the Adjust-A-Wings for optimal plant placement if you don't want to get a light meter. You'll see the high and low spots. About 2' off of the center of the bulb will be the highest concentration of foot candles.

I'll replace the bulb and reflector insert on the Gavita once a year to stay fresh.

Been busy taking down the room the blooming 6 were in and have 'em cruising in a 5x10' GrowLab.

The 9 Grape Krush under the Gavita are raging at a whopping 18" tall, might see 24" when it's said and done. Lifted the light to max height and turned it up to 1150w when they hit week 1 of bloom. Gives an extra 500 foot candles even at distance. Holy shit is it bright!

Under Current arrives today. Still need to build a room for it. Fast like, because the Ghost OG are shitting out roots from the rockwool cubes like no tomorrow.

S

SofaKingHigh

If someone had a Uhaul, they could leave my place with a fuckton of stuff dirt cheap.

2 - 8" Cooltube w/reflector
2 - 8" Magnums
6 - 8" Blockbusters
2 - Large adjust-a-wings
6 - 1k Quantum ballasts
5 - FlipBoxes
14k BTU portable A/C
8k BTU portable A/C
18k BTU window mount A/C

Too many small things to think of as well.

C

cheech

Fuck that. Get another place and put that equipment back to work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom