In need of general advice...

• Thread starter Crustified
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Crustified

Crustified

I hope this is in the correct spot, a lot to choose from...

This is me and my mom's second grow, the first turned out to be a male and it turned out fine besides a little N toxicity. This time we are growing two female's, bag of oranges and chocolate diesel and I just about nuked the orange, I had to chop off about 12 leaves or so, but it sort of exploded.

I flushed them both with a gallon and a half each of tap water that I left to sit for a few day, but I'm still getting a little tip burn. I mixed the dyna-gro fp real light and I diluted it between 3 gallons.

I didn't water till run-off at first, though I have started doing so for the last three feedings, but since I have, I started getting condensation on the tent floor. I do have the plants off the floor using some left over pvc pipe.

I started them on a 12/12 cycle the other night, so I hope you all can help me get this through flower. ;0)

I'm running a ATREUM VELA 320 in a tent that's 7.7 ft high X 4.7 wide X 3.8 ft from the wall, growing in 3 gallon root pouches and using dyna-grow fp and protekt.

I also have two ARA-41 bars, but I have to wire it all up... :P

the first three are the orange one and the others are the chocolate...

I mixed the dyna-gro real light (smidgen) in a gallon and split it between another gallon. maybe I didn't flush enough? not watering till run-off at first caused build-up? how can I stop the condensation with out a dehumidifier? do they look good for a little over two months old?

In need of general advice
In need of general advice 2
In need of general advice 3
In need of general advice 4
In need of general advice 5
In need of general advice 6
Ponky

Ponky

Airflow to control temperature and humidity. And use good watering practices. Don't know exactly what's up with your food.
Quality genetics and good airflow will be the solution for humidity related issues.

Crustified

Crustified

I have a small clip fan blowing on the plants and a little bigger fan hung up over the light, blowing over the power supply and heat sink.

The seeds are from Useful Seeds...

I think I should have gone with the gro instead of the fp...

Thanks for the reply @Ponky

Crustified

Crustified

@quirk my mom loves plants and weed, so this sounded like a good project. :0)

@TonyMac2020 I take it that I'm gonna need a bigger fan, I'm not sure about the legs bit, I need to flush again?

I trimmed the chocolate a lot and tied the branches down, I just couldn't get that one to blow up like the orange did...

TonyMac2020

TonyMac2020

If you must flush again with cal mag h20 instead of plain. Then use a lower nute solution Cut some of the lower leaves off to create more airflow on top of your medium. Looks good otherwise

Crustified

Crustified

@TonyMac2020 i read that dyna has enough mag in it? also I screwed up in the beginning and I kept burying it to keep it low and I had to trim the chocolate a lot to expose the soil.

also, I forgot to add that I'm growing in promix moisture control...

thank you all so much for the help. :0)

@Aqua Man what do you think?

20211127 102304
20211127 102251
20211127 102246
20211127 102236
BirdLaw86

BirdLaw86

My 1st thoughts were too much nutes and water. They looked wilted from over watering or not good enough drainage, and they looked nute burned on the tips.

My solution was to stop feeding nutes for a bit since the soil should have had enough for the plant to grow on its own and to only feed water WHEN NEEDED to stop the over water issue. But then the flushing seems to have caused light discoloring in the leaves, idk if im right but I had these issues before and only flushed 1 time and seem some discoloration after and then needed to correct the npk AGAIN lol

So to end my ramblings and try and save the plant, go to home depot or lowes, grab the dry chem tests, you can measure the N, P, and the K....thatll give ya a but better idea of what she needs. Its about 8 bucks and gives ya enough chem to test multiple different times. Better to actually test your soil rather than guess. No need to do more damage.

Make sure the soil is dry before watering again, over and under watering looks remotely similar BUT TAKE IT FROM MY ROOKIE MISTAKES, shes happier when shes not drowning and just a bit thirsty. Underwatered plant will perk up hrs after proper watering, over watered can lead to root rot and a real f-up in the whole plant.

Crustified

Crustified

@BirdLaw86 I mixed the pro-mix with smashed up red lava rocks, which I washed first. I always lift the pot first to feel the weight. I started letting them dry out more a month ago, because I was getting algae on the soil top.

I have noticed that they will droop an hour or so before lights out, the last pics I posted were taken earlier in the day.

I'm pretty sure, that my screw up in the beginning has lead to these issues, I'm gonna try these test strips and see what I find.

I thought between the pro-mix and fabric pot that over watering wouldn't be an issue?

Crustified

Crustified

@growsince79 the light is 38" above the chocolate and 32" above the orange. The room temp is 72, I have a heater and I try to keep it between 68 and 73.

I had the light at half power, but I just dialed it back a little bit under half.

Has anyone noticed a plant top bending away from the light and the leaves twisting due to needing to be feed? I have a light mix in a spray bottle left over and I sprayed the soil top and after a few hours it stop twisting and the top straightened out, btw the light was dialed back and I kept raising it thinking it was to close...

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

@TonyMac2020 i read that dyna has enough mag in it? also I screwed up in the beginning and I kept burying it to keep it low and I had to trim the chocolate a lot to expose the soil.

also, I forgot to add that I'm growing in promix moisture control...

thank you all so much for the help. :0)

@Aqua Man what do you think?
Next grow switch to the Pro Mix HP. The moisture control has vermiculite that retains water.

growsince79

growsince79

@growsince79 the light is 38" above the chocolate and 32" above the orange. The room temp is 72, I have a heater and I try to keep it between 68 and 73.

I had the light at half power, but I just dialed it back a little bit under half.

Has anyone noticed a plant top bending away from the light and the leaves twisting due to needing to be feed? I have a light mix in a spray bottle left over and I sprayed the soil top and after a few hours it stop twisting and the top straightened out, btw the light was dialed back and I kept raising it thinking it was to close...
I thought the top twist might have been from light but its not. Sounds like its not close enough. How much are you feeding? I also think overwater/root problems.

Crustified

Crustified

@Pushrod Monkey

I don't see vermiculite in the list...

@growsince79 when I started feeding them I didn't feed till run-off, I started the run-off thing about three weeks ago.
When I nuked the orange at about the month mark, I flushed and I didn't feed for a week, then I started to feed then water, but since I started watering till run-off it takes about 5 to 7 days to dry out, so now I just feed every 5 to 7 days.

growsince79

growsince79

@Pushrod Monkey

@growsince79 when I started feeding them I didn't feed till run-off, I started the run-off thing about three weeks ago.
When I nuked the orange at about the month mark, I flushed and I didn't feed for a week, then I started to feed then water, but since I started watering till run-off it takes about 5 to 7 days to dry out, so now I just feed every 5 to 7 days.
I'd be using 1 tsp fp + 1 tsp bloom with light at 18-20". Next time maybe add 20% extra perlite to the mix.

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

@Pushrod Monkey

You're right. I was thinking about Pro Mix BX.

Crustified

Crustified

I'd be using 1 tsp fp + 1 tsp bloom with light at 18-20". Next time maybe add 20% extra perlite to the mix.
our first grow I was using 1/4 tsp per gallon and I had light N toxicity (dark green leaves, with tips clawing downwards and no burn).

I'm thinking this is my problem, I just can't get the dosage right and it's leading to other possible problems. I'm going to water only for the next two weeks and see what happens, maybe I didn't flush enough, I only used a gallon and a half each plant.

I was gonna use happy frog until the price jumped to $20 for a 2 cubic foot bag and I got 4 cubic foot of pro-mix for $27 from Walmart. it`s like a sore d*ck, you just can't beat it...

Pushrod Monkey

Pushrod Monkey

our first grow I was using 1/4 tsp per gallon and I had light N toxicity (dark green leaves, with tips clawing downwards and no burn).

I'm thinking this is my problem, I just can't get the dosage right and it's leading to other possible problems. I'm going to water only for the next two weeks and see what happens, maybe I didn't flush enough, I only used a gallon and a half each plant.

I was gonna use happy frog until the price jumped to $20 for a 2 cubic foot bag and I got 4 cubic foot of pro-mix for $27 from Walmart. it`s like a sore d*ck, you just can't beat it...
Pro Mix BX or HP is $65 here in Alaska. I've switched over to Sunshine 4. Exact same weight and volume. $36 versus $65.

S4 is a little light on perlite but everything else is just fine. Same Canadian sphagnum moss.

growsince79

growsince79

1/4 tsp fp shouldn't be anywhere close to overfed no way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom